2015 Fantasy Football TE Rankings

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
TE Tiers

I usually don’t spend a lot of time on TE analysis. The most important issues with the TE position are where to draft Gronk and Graham.

Tier 1

Gronk

This is the first year Gronk gets his own tier. Even without Brady for 4 games, his value hasn’t been higher. He might even be more productive with Jimmy G checking down to him in those 4 games. Last year he proved he can stay healthy. He’s a first round pick for sure. I’d consider him around #8 overall – after the top 5 RBs, Dez, and Brown. You can make arguments for Gronk as high as #6 overall, though.

Tier 2

Graham
Kelce

It’s fair to be concerned about Graham’s injury history. He plays while hurt, but some of those games can be frustrating for owners. It’s also tough to predict his production in Seattle’s run based offense. The receptions will likely decline, but the TD’s could remain stable. That’s all assuming he’s healthy. There’s enough question marks here to keep him out of the first round.

It was clear that Kelce was under-utilized last year. He was a stud in his first full year in KC. I’m hoping his production increases. The addition of Maclin is concerning, though. I predict 75-80 receptions, 1000 yards, and 7-9 TDs. Big upside pick.

It's best to do some mocks to test a strategy of drafting Graham or Kelce early. Right now, I think Graham is going too early.

Tier 3

Ertz
Cameron
Fleener
Olsen
Walker
Witten

Ertz, Cameron and Fleener will all benefit from great offenses. If you miss on the top-3 TE’s, these guys are great mid-round picks with tons of upside.

Olsen, Walker and Witten are the safe veterans. High floors but not much upside.

Tier 4

Once you reach Tier 4, it’s probably better to just forget about the TE position until the end of the draft. Most of the guys are all the same from here on out. That’s why I’m not ranking them.

Personally, I like Green because you can at least pencil him in as a starter for the first four games while Gates is out. If Green excels, he’ll maintain a big role in the offense even when Gates returns. If he busts, you can always cut him for a free agent. He should be available at the end of the draft.

Last edited:
I think you can put martellus bennet in tier 3, he did well, no marshall now either.
also believe olsen should be on cusp of tier 2, he quietly had gronk like numbers but lacked a bit on the td side

I think you can put martellus bennet in tier 3, he did well, no marshall now either.
also believe olsen should be on cusp of tier 2, he quietly had gronk like numbers but lacked a bit on the td side

You can make a case for Bennett in Tier 3 for sure. I wouldn't argue against that. My problem is that the offense is different this year without Trestman. They added a 1st rd WR, White, and they also added Royal. Wilson is a young guy who could take a leap forward.

Eifert should get some play. Healthy and no Gresham to hawk the goal line teeders. I understand, though. Gotta se it to believe it.

Bennett still worthy of a mention as well. Dude is athletic enough to play in anyone's system. He won't be forgotten unless management tells coaches to forget about him and his wanting to get paid ass. lol.

Eifert should get some play. Healthy and no Gresham to hawk the goal line teeders. I understand, though. Gotta se it to believe it.

Bennett still worthy of a mention as well. Dude is athletic enough to play in anyone's system. He won't be forgotten unless management tells coaches to forget about him and his wanting to get paid ass. lol.

I also like Eifert as one of those late round Tier 4 guys. Get him right before you get draft a D and Kicker. If he stinks in the first 3 weeks, just cut him.

I'm moving Ertz way down to the level of the rest of the TE's that you don't want until the later rounds to draft. I'm afraid that his injury will affect him into the year. Plus, Chip already doesn't like his blocking, so it's difficult to see Chip trusting him on running type sets. The emergence of Josh Huff will also kill his value. Avoid him

With dalton throwing but yeah really no one can talk bad about where someone wants to draft these guys. It's a tough position to cap.

I really haven't spent much time reviewing the TE position.

With today's news of Benjamin, Olsen becomes the consensus #4 TE. I'd consider Olsen in round 6, but he may go higher. It's tough taking a TE in the middle rounds because you really need to lock up as many RBs as possible early on. Once you get to round 9, the RB position dries up fast. Overall, I'd still rather wait on TE until very late, and use the mid round picks on bench depth at RB.

I really haven't spent much time reviewing the TE position.

With today's news of Benjamin, Olsen becomes the consensus #4 TE. I'd consider Olsen in round 6, but he may go higher. It's tough taking a TE in the middle rounds because you really need to lock up as many RBs as possible early on. Once you get to round 9, the RB position dries up fast. Overall, I'd still rather wait on TE until very late, and use the mid round picks on bench depth at RB.
I wait on TEs. I think overall its a good strategy. Unless, Gronk is available, and he usually isnt after the first 2 rounds.

Back