2014 Pirates Thread...

No clue on prices.... I've gone the past few years to the home opener and for some odd reason the guy who always gets the lot of tickets didn't think to inlude me this year.... will be goin to tailgate but just not guaranteed to be goin to the game....

You feel good about the bucs this year, alex?

I'm hopeful Sigo, but still trying to be realistic. My hunch tells me they go below .500 this year. The pitching is interesting. We have a solid rotation that could potentially get better later in the year. Liriano, Cole, Wandy Rodriguez, Charlie Morton, Locke and Volquez as a backup. Seems like a solid 5 to me, and then Tallion should be coming up this summer. Our offense worries me most. But can Liriano do what he did last year? Can Wandy be good coming off an injury plagued year? Is Tallion as good as we want him to be? Is Gaby Sanchez really the only option at 1B?

Their pen seems to have blown some lofty leads this preseason. How's the depth of their pitching Alex?

Interesting...Starling Marte turns down multiple attempts by the Pirates to sign him to an extension

boy .240 gets ya a six year deal in today's climate in baseball...No clue how Jameis can choose football over baseball with the insane amts of money thrown around in this sport. It's out of control.

people in Pittsburgh are way too high on Marte and I don't really understand why. He doesn't walk nearly enough and he strikes out way too much. I think the best prospective outfield for the Pirates would be either Meadows/Bell, McCutchen and Polanco

ya and I assume Polanco is in RF by the end of the year

but Meadows is 2 years away at the least most likely and when it comes time then you have Marte either on a great deal to move, or 5m for a 4th OF isn't a bad option

Marte is the best defensive left fielder in the game. Better defensively than 90% of center fielders, including Mccutchen. He is extremely raw offensively, but with huge upside. Really reminds me of Carlos Gomez in a lotta ways (without the arm). That contract was fair for his upside. Remember your not paying for past performance near as much in sports these days. Smartly so. Marte might not get any better, but if his on field performace meets his athleticism and talent then the deal will solid.

Carlos Gomez is a dick

In other news we don't have a closer. Grilli is a roller coaster everytime out

i missed the chance to get tickets with my buddies... think i'm going walk over after work and tailgate with a few drinks before they go into the game...

Just got tickets for Wednesday.. Let's just say I'll be in the stadium lol

SRO. That is just fine. I do that more and more now during season unless it is a great pitching match-up I want to see. I end up seeing game from 6-8 different angles, love it.

To those going to the game enjoy. nothing like a baseball game then double that feeling for a playoff game and then double that for a one game playoff elimination game.

Back