2014 NCAA Football Futures

Schrute

Assistant __ ___ Regional Mod
Did well on futures last year so lets go again. All plays for 1 unit unless otherwise noted

Auburn Under 9.5 wins -110 - Couldn't pass up the value here as a local was late to drop it to 9 wins which is where it sits now so I do apologize as this isn't widely available. I see games against LSU, South Carolina, at Ole Miss and at UGA as being tossups and I think they go 2-2 here which means I win with a loss at Bama which is certainly happening barring some significant injuries. I also wouldn't be shocked to see a loss in the Little Apple and will likely be all over KSU there.

Clemson Over 8.5 Wins +100 - I'm sure it will be seen as a homer play and I won't try to convince you guys that it's not one. I don't feel like it is as I couldn't pass up the +100 value. I see UGA game as closer to a tossup than Vegas does and this could be where I'm wrong. If Clemson loses to UGA and SoCar then they have zero room for error but fortunately Dabo has been winning the games he's supposed to win. If they can beat either UGA or SoCar then they can still win the bet with 1 slip up. I see an 8-4 floor this year with a 10-2 ceiling and given the fact that my perceived ceiling is 1.5 games over the number and floor is 0.5 games below it I made the play

Miami Under 7.5 Wins +130 - I'll pay to see them get to 8 wins. With my week 1 bet on Ville I certainly think they lose that game and this may make it basically a 2 unit wager on Ville week 1. I can't imagine they get to 8 wins with a week 1 loss and I think that getting +130 on this under is phenomenal value. I don't wanna go into too long of a write-up here but they have a ton of toss up games, a very sketchy QB situation and a terrible DL.

Notre Dame Under 7.5 +135 - Had to snag this in light of today's allegations. I had one shop still offering significantly positive juice so I jumped on it. I think it'll offer solid value but who's to say they don't rally together and win 8 games...I'll pay to see it happen if they lose some starters from an already shaky defense

TAMU Under 7.5 Wins +100

Vanderbilt Under 6 Wins -155

Wake Forest Under 3.5 Wins +145

VT to win Coastal +400 - they draw BC and Wake from the Atlantic division. They get Miami at home. Toughest game is at UNC and they could still win the division even if they lose that game

Northwestern to win B10 West +1200 0.5 units risked don't have them ranked much lower than the perceived top teams in the West. They draw Wisky and Nebraska at home while avoiding Ohio St and Michigan St

Houston +275 to win AAC (0.5 units risked)
- just too much value to pass up as they have UCF at home and Cinci on the road in the last game of the season. I think they're undefeated in conference heading to Cinci. Wouldn't be shocked if they have it wrapped up by then. Also wouldn't be totally surprised if they were out of contention but good value at 275

PROP FUTURES - ALL FOR HALF UNIT b/c of injury possibility

Melvin Gordon O1554 total yards - they lose the carries of White and he will be an absolute workhorse in this offense. Barring injury this should sail over

Last edited:
KSU will help ya with this one ;)

I like it...play a very tough schedule. @ KSU, LSU, @ Miss St, South Carolina, @ Ole Miss, @ Georgia, and @ Bama. Wow good luck going 10-2 there

Found it with a local where the juice hadn't been adjusted yet and couldn't pass it up. Lots of shops have it at 9.5 but where you're certainly paying for it. Of course, when they go 8-4 it won't matter if you payed -1100 I guess

I passed on u9.5 +120 or whatever it was when 5D opened, ugh

Gotta get everyone off NW's nuts!

Talk me into lowering them. I see them more as misfortunate than bad last year and see that side of the B10 as being pretty open. I don't think they win it but I think they have value at 12-1

Good luck, Dwight.... although I hope NW loses half their team to concussions this year.

I could be wrong of course but I already liked it and the OTL podcast reinforced it for me. That's not an easy schedule and without knowing much about the QB situation, I think they're still a year away

I just looked at the schedule and in good faith, counted 6 wins where I could say yes they definitely win.

I could be wrong of course but I already liked it and the OTL podcast reinforced it for me. That's not an easy schedule and without knowing much about the QB situation, I think they're still a year away

Agree, i looked over and noticed I'd have them favored in only 4 games, pick em in 2, and dog in 6.

I just looked at the schedule and in good faith, counted 6 wins where I could say yes they definitely win.

IMO they lose 1 of Duke, Cinci, at UVA and Pitt

Preseason 2013 you likely would have said at Duke was a definite win

Preseason 2012 you likely would have said vs UNC and at UVA were definite wins

Preseason 2011 you likely would have said vs UVA and vs BC were definite wins

Until proven otherwise, I have to think they'll lose of their should win games. I'm certainly not saying they can't win 8 games but I think the 7.5 should have been -110 both ways so when I'm getting 40 cents of perceived value I have to take it

Ville thoughts when you get a chance. Obviously they proved they could smoke them when Miami is hurt, Strong is coaching and TB is taking snaps.... but those four factors ( No TB, Miami Healthier, new coach, and the revenge ) kind of set up as a bad situation for ville. Anyway, I haven't looked hard at the talent on each side of the ball yet or the on the field matchups so not disagreeing but on the surface the situation is pro-canes, no?

Ville thoughts when you get a chance. Obviously they proved they could smoke them when Miami is hurt, Strong is coaching and TB is taking snaps.... but those four factors ( No TB, Miami Healthier, new coach, and the revenge ) kind of set up as a bad situation for ville. Anyway, I haven't looked hard at the talent on each side of the ball yet or the on the field matchups so not disagreeing but on the surface the situation is pro-canes, no?

The reason for the play was simply a PR play where I had the line on a neutral as Ville -3 so with the opener being at the Ville on Labor Day night I had to jump on the 2.5. Another reason I jumped on it is that I think it ends at 4 so I wanted the value and if I change my mind, then worse case I go for the middle. Below are some actual game thoughts pasted in from my week 1 thread so sorry if there is some overlap with what I just said above

Louisville defense does suffer some losses in the front 7 which could hurt against Duke Johnson and the Duke could burn this bet on his own. However it came down to trusting a new Miami QB on the road, on national television and in a very hostile environment for Louisville's first ACC game. I think Louisville will be able to stack the box and they do have 2 solid CBs returning. I don't see Heaps or whoever the QB of the minute is tomorrow being able to expose them. If I'm Louisville I make the Miami QB beat me. I don't think Miami has a QB capable of exposing them especially in the opener. I know y'all are gonna think I'm crazy but I don't think Bridgewater will be that big of a loss. I say that b/c the Louisville offense held Teddy B back a good bit. Had Teddy B been coached by Petrino then his graduation would have meant more. I expect Gardner to perform well after having a spring and fall camp with Petrino. Also there has to be some mild uncertainty on Miami's part as to exactly what Louisville's offense will look like. Ville has a strong OL returning 119 career starts and Miami has a poor DL and lost 4 of their top 6 players along that line so there isn't much depth there. If Gardner struggles I expect Louisville to be able to run the ball with some success here. I also give the coaching advantage to Petrino here and I think that means more in the first game of the year and in bowl games than it can in other places on the schedule.

So it's either Heaps or a true frosh starting at QB. Damn, Schrute, you are making start to hate my squad.

So it's either Heaps or a true frosh starting at QB. Damn, Schrute, you are making start to hate my squad.

I went through 20 years of it as a Clemson fan and even our "glory years" of the 80s into the early 90s didn't touch the Miami glory years. Y'all will be back soon enough but the fact that you got to live through the years that created the moniker "The U" makes me incredibly jealous

I went through 20 years of it as a Clemson fan and even our "glory years" of the 80s into the early 90s didn't touch the Miami glory years. Y'all will be back soon enough but the fact that you got to live through the years that created the moniker "The U" makes me incredibly jealous

You got to live through those years as well Schrute....you just happened to be rooting for the wrong team. :p

Like the Ville play...curious to see if the line does, in fact, get up to 4 by game time (although I didn't get in at -2.5)...I see it at 3.5 already at BOL. Would be nice to have a middle at 3 early in the season....nothing wrong with 20-1 odds that Ville wins by 3 while only risking juice.

no option to favorite this post?

lol

Hadn't considered the labor day night and acc opener angles. I think back in the day Petrino was hard to beat on that field. Looking at old HFA #'s it was strong.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/miami/football/recruiting/player-Michael-Wyche-148046

Game changer for that LOU bet. He's up to 350 and lean is the WOS
highjacking the thread. Sorry for that

If I lose my bet bc an experienced OL gets dominated by a guy out of JUCO with offers from USC, Wash St and Arky St then I'll take the loss like a man. I think the fact that this guy is getting hyped up is pretty indicative of the DL situation as a whole. Miami is a school who should not have to rely on risky quick fixes via the JUCO route. Maybe this guy is the next Terrance Cody but I'll take my chances that Petrino figures out a way to manipulate him.

Clemson Over 8.5 Wins +100 - I'm sure it will be seen as a homer play and I won't try to convince you guys that it's not one. I don't feel like it is as I couldn't pass up the +100 value. I see UGA game as closer to a tossup than Vegas does and this could be where I'm wrong. If Clemson loses to UGA and SoCar then they have zero room for error but fortunately Dabo has been winning the games he's supposed to win. If they can beat either UGA or SoCar then they can still win the bet with 1 slip up. I see an 8-4 floor this year with a 10-2 ceiling and given the fact that my perceived ceiling is 1.5 games over the number and floor is 0.5 games below it I made the play

With Boyd and Shaw gone, there's about an 80% chance Clemson beats USC this year, so it's probably going to take losses to FSU and UGA and two of UNC/Tech/State to kill this bet. Seems highly unlikely. I've got Clemson with 2.45 losses.

With Boyd and Shaw gone, there's about an 80% chance Clemson beats USC this year, so it's probably going to take losses to FSU and UGA and two of UNC/Tech/State to kill this bet. Seems highly unlikely. I've got Clemson with 2.45 losses.

Glad to hear you like it...you got your numbers done yet?

If so I wouldn't mind discussing some stuff

U know god isn't a future player but like most of ur bets sofar, only 2 I am not sure about is tha homer play on Clemson, and notre dame. Tell god more about this under Jim.

:shake:

U know god isn't a future player but like most of ur bets sofar, only 2 I am not sure about is tha homer play on Clemson, and notre dame. Tell god more about this under Jim.

well Rumor is ND is about to lose 4 starters bc of academic fraud as well as vacate all 2012 wins

Most likely it has to do with the 4 players being expelled today....3 pretty important pieces to the ND defense, as well as a starting WR.

The play was probably made in anticipation of that 7.5 going down in the very near future.

We posted at the same time Dwight...:o

I love that play too, especially at +135. Do you think it goes down from 7.5? It has to right?

We posted at the same time Dwight...:o

I love that play too, especially at +135. Do you think it goes down from 7.5? It has to right?

I think it stays at 7.5 but the juice flips to where the under is shaded about -150

Back