2009 NFL draft busts...

SHSUHorn

Thief
This isn't a VY or Bush thread but let's talk about the current group of guys that have the potential of flopping.

Stafford and Sanchez both top my lists based on where they are probably going to get drafted. Stafford looked lost to me at times at Georgia running that pro style offense. Not sure either has it inbetween the ears.

I'm not a fan of Harvin because of his health concerns. Not sure he'll be durable for the NFL.

Andre Smith for obvious reasons.

Not sure if Jenkins has the speed to warrant being the top corner in this draft.

Moreno doesn't do it for me at RB either. Good vision and instincts but not sure about everything else.

I am very high on Crabtree while others seem down on him. I think he's going to have a fantastic NFL career.

I agree on all the QB's even Josh Freeman being the bust. I'm not big on drafting a QB in the 1st round anyways.

I think the most overrated player and likely bust is Ray Maualuga. If Beanie Wells gets drafted in the 1st round I think he'll be a bust also.

I cant believe Freeman or Stafford are considered to be good prospects by these NFL teams. I dont understand the draft system. Stafford and Freeman threw some garbage passes in college and neither can seem to read defenses that well and they are great pro prospects? Dont understand it

I cant believe Freeman or Stafford are considered to be good prospects by these NFL teams. I dont understand the draft system. Stafford and Freeman threw some garbage passes in college and neither can seem to read defenses that well and they are great pro prospects? Dont understand it

I couldn't have said it any better Gurv.....these NFL guys go for the quarterbacks that have the physical tools first and foremost and can throw the ball through a brick wall. But in reality, how many passes in an NFL game are thrown over 20 or 25 yards? Very few.

I just do not understand it. I've always thought Matthew Stafford was overrated and Freeman is the next coming of JaMarcus Russell, who has absolutely zero feel for the game. The fact that the Crypt Keeper took him w/the number 1 pick shows why he should be in a home for the senile eating strained pears with a drool bib. Mindless.

I think Stafford has some decent potential but he's going to need to sit on the bench for about 2 years behind a decent veteran he can watch manage a game. He won't get that at Detroit or San Fran because of the size of the salary he'll get. As for Freeman everytime I see him I think of Daunte Culpepper.

I also want to add Lauranitis to my list but I don't think he'll even be picked in the 1st round.

Off point..but it would be cool to move the draft around to different cities sometimes. Instead of watching Jets/G-men fans in the crowd at the Theater each year. Man, I wish it was somewhere like Detroit this year. The booing would be so intense. We could have a "Fire Mayhew" march.

Josh freeman has to be the biggest bust potential out of them all. He couldn't win games in college, what makes people think all of a sudden he stars in the pros

Off point..but it would be cool to move the draft around to different cities sometimes. Instead of watching Jets/G-men fans in the crowd at the Theater each year. Man, I wish it was somewhere like Detroit this year. The booing would be so intense. We could have a "Fire Mayhew" march.

I actually think it would be cool to let the team with the number one pick host the draft.

OK, so maybe people would get sick of going to Detroit, but you never know.

=)

I actually think it would be cool to let the team with the number one pick host the draft.

OK, so maybe people would get sick of going to Detroit, but you never know.

=)

or Oakland

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

i don't like any of the rbs this year. LY i liked the entire class outside of mcfadden.

or Oakland

Yikes. Way to shoot a hole in what I thought was a pretty good idea using nothing more than two words.

"And, Oakland will be hosting the NFL draft again this year--pack heat accordingly."

(shudder)

I have trouble seeing how Dirty Sanchez will NOT be a bust. At least for some time. If he goes the Matt Cassell route and sits on the bench for five years, yeah, maybe he emerges as something, but immediately his chances for success have to be really slim.

except if you look at the end of last season Jamarcus Russel is no where near being a bust. If Lane Kiffen went and coached the Patriots Tom Brady would start to suck, Lance cant coach.

Ill put my vote in for basically every DE/LB in this draft that has been talked about first round material. Almost all of them are tweeners. Orakpo, Everette Brown, Aaron Maybin, Tyson Jackson. I would not be surprised if all of them were disappointments. As far as bust potential however I would rank them like this I guess
1.Jackson
2.Maybin
3.Orakpo
4.Brown

Back