2008 NFL Win Totals

frankiegotti

Power Boat Enthusiast
Let's start this season off with a bang.

All to win 5 Units

1. NY Jets Over 7 -149
2. Philadelphia Over 8.5 -179
3. San Diego Over 10.5 -160
4. Kansas City Over 6 -108
5. Cleveland Under 8 -110

Hard Leans:

Dallas Under 10.5 +105- This one is very tough, my heart says they aren't going to be nearly as successful as last year with the front office turnover. I just think that they will be similar to that of San Diego last year.

I know there's a lot of cowboys fans in here so why shouldn't i make this bet other than adding Adam "pac man" jones to the roster. WR corps look a little weaker this year too.

Added:

Cleveland Under 8 -110 (Only reason I am making this bet is because if this bet hits then I am up money but if I don't hit this bet chances are that, the browns will win the division in which case I will be happy to lose the money.:cheers:

Last edited:
hmm i dont see how that dallas over cant cash. wr core is tha same as lastyear, glenn didnt play until final week of reg season. they have gotten stronger on D wit thomas, adding pacman as #2 corner. stronger kick an punt return game wit pacman there. each game if it was crayton or newman returnin punts they couldnt get shit done. i see better starting field pos for tha boys this year. lets look over they schedule

<TABLE class=black11pt cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR class=black12pt style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(images/site_metal_bkg.gif)" vAlign=bottom><TD align=middle colSpan=4>2008 Regular Season Schedule </TD></TR><TR bgColor=#b3b3b3><TD width="10%">DATE</TD><TD width="55%">OPPONENT (TV BROADCAST)</TD><TD align=middle width="10%">TIME</TD><TD align=middle width="25%">TICKETS</TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Sep 7</TD><TD>@ Cleveland (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Mon, Sep 15</TD><TD>PHILADELPHIA (ESPN)</TD><TD align=middle>7:30 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Sep 21</TD><TD>@ Green Bay (NBC)</TD><TD align=middle>7:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Sep 28</TD><TD>WASHINGTON (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 5</TD><TD>CINCINNATI (CBS)</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 12</TD><TD>@ Arizona (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 19</TD><TD>@ St. Louis (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>NOON</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Oct 26</TD><TD>TAMPA BAY (FOX) Sponsored by PEPSI</TD><TD align=middle>NOON</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Nov 2</TD><TD>@ New York Giants (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Nov 9</TD><TD>BYE</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Nov 16</TD><TD>@ Washington (NBC)</TD><TD align=middle>7:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Nov 23</TD><TD>SAN FRANCISCO (FOX) Sponsored by DR PEPPER</TD><TD align=middle>NOON</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Thurs, Nov 27</TD><TD>SEATTLE (FOX) Sponsored by MOTOROLA</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Dec 7</TD><TD>@ Pittsburgh (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>3:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Dec 14</TD><TD>NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) Sponsored by FORD</TD><TD align=middle>7:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sat, Dec 20</TD><TD>BALTIMORE (NFLN) Sponsored by MILLER</TD><TD align=middle>7:15 PM</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR><TR bgColor=white><TD noWrap>Sun, Dec 28</TD><TD>@ Philadelphia (FOX)</TD><TD align=middle>NOON</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jus basically given home field advantage in tha division i will give each team a win at home. i think they can go into giants an philly an win. goin into tha bye week they can be favored all but maybe 2 games, packers an giants. an it matters how tha season goes for both those teams but they could be favored there in those games also. will be a dog in pitt an maybe a dog in philly.

clev W
philly W
packers L
washington W
bengals W
cards W
rams W
tampa W
giants L
bye
washington L
49ers W
seattle W
pitt L
giants W
ravens W
philly L

thats 11-5 at worst i really think. i can see them comin into GB an winnin there, i dont see why this team cant go into pitt an win there. an i really dont see why dallas cant at worst take 1 of tha 3 division away games, if not 2 or take em all. tha outter disivional games are a cakewalk besides tha pitt game in pitt. this team can easily go 13-3 again i really think

i think they can possibly go 9-7 while winning the majority of their games....they go to tough places to play and in a stretch of the season when it really matters. cleveland, green bay, arizona, pitt, st louis is a tough road schedule out of the division which is the best in football. st louis may be a stretch, but that's surely the only one, and one could argue that 4-2 in that division may even be a stretch, so substitute a division game for st louis if it's really that hard for you to picture. i obviously see it a little differently than you tru....

clev W L
philly W W
packers L L
washington W W
bengals W W
cards W L
rams W L
tampa W W
giants L W
bye
washington L W
49ers W W
seattle W W
pitt L L
giants W L
ravens W W
philly L L

*toughest road division in the nfl it should say...i don't believe it's the toughest division overall

should read "i think they can go 9-7 while winning the majority of their division games"....hahaha really fucked that post up christ

i dont see them losin back to back cards an rams, i just dont see this team doin that to those 2 sorry ass teams. an i dotn see giants comin into D an winnin that game late in tha season. they cant win on tha road again like they did last year. this team is too talented to not get to 10 wins this year.

Tru

Didnt the Cowboys release Glenn?

IMHO this Dallas team is real. I could see them being 8-1, 7-2 going into the buy.

yeah glenn was released. but again like i said he didnt play at all last year untill week 17 vs washington. so losin him isnt hurtin what was done last year

doesn't surprise me...lots of love for this cowboys team, but i just don't get it. people say they underachieved by not getting to the superbowl last year and i disagree...i think they overachieved bigtime. pac-man or no pac-man...their secondary still sucks bad. they have one of the worst safety tandems in the league, and they play a lot of teams on the road that can throw the rock. i doubt someone with that much time off will be a shut-down corner anyways, but regardless their secondary is weak. this defense will take another step back imo...offensively they were impressive and romo is a very good pro i believe, but their only real offensive weapon in my mind is whitten. owens is explosive and still one of hte best in the league when he gets going, but he has his obvious faults too, and jerry rice wouldn't be able to get open opposite patrick crayton....defenses can now cover owens in man with safety help over the top, put a corner on whitten and put a lb on crayton and whatever stiff wins the 3rd wr job hahahah. seriously, patrick crayton is NOT getting open as a 2. they really helped themselves at rb after the stupid julius jones move, but i am not a fan of barber at all, and they are in love with him. i think they'd be better off rb by committee but looks like barber's gonna get his 25 2-yard-barrel-into-the-back-of-your-oline carries a game again. i'm a browns fan who thinks the browns will def be overvalued this year, but i do an excellent job reading them, and i would be shocked if the browns drop this first game. i think it'd be amazing to see them at 9-7 this year...i'm thinking probably 8-8...but i highly doubt they drop the cowboys game.

they really got deeper in secondary by addin pacman, now henry can move to tha nickle. an they line up wit 3 very good DBs. ive been gettin tired of roy williams play, but tha addition of hamlin last year helped tha 2ndary out alot. hamlin had 5 ints last year, he had a total of 8 in 4 years wit seattle. adding pacman to tha D set last year an drafting jenkins an scandrick to add even more depth. this D will be alot better this season after adding zach thomas also. crayton put up some decent numbers last yearas basically tha #3 target behind ownes an whitten. 50 catches almost 700 yards an 7 tds as basically tha #3 target is pretty good. hes gonna be tha #3 target again behind owens an whitten an i dont see why he can improve on what he did last year as his 1st year as a starter. #3 wr was up in tha air mostly all last season noone really was solid enuff to be there, this season undrafted rookie danny amendola from texas tech has made some noise in tranning camp an hope he brings tha speed dallas needs to tha #3 wr spot. TO is still TO. he put up on of his best if not tha best pro season hes ever had. RB was upgraded i think i never really liked jones, an hated that draft pick. i still like barber as a starter but i dont think he can carry tha ball 20-30 times a game. wanna see split carries like they have been doin now add in felix jones an tashard choice into tha mix. i dont see a drop off from last year, no big players were lost, only added more depth an upgraded a few holes on tha D an i dont see how a 11 to 13 win season cant happen.

make some good points..we obviously see things differently. TO hasn't played a complete season in 5 or 6 years and i don't see this year being any different as he's 35...zach thomas doesn't mean much imo at 35. only way i see crayton matching his 50 catches from last year is if TO has an off year/is hurt or defenses really need to re-evaluate their talent/scheme. he is terrible as a two...bottom five 2nd wr in the league. my opinions obviously but i just don't get it..thats the thing i'm talking about they did more with less last year and didn't get any better sans the draft in which they won't really reap the benefits of for a couple of years imo..and they sat and watched the bottom of their division get better. and i know i'm in the minority of thinking when i say that i believe jones is significantly better than barber...but i guess we'll see about that.

they certainly should make the playoffs, but i doubt they'll make much noise...just not enough depth at some key positions imo. actually a very similar team to my browns

make some good points..we obviously see things differently. TO hasn't played a complete season in 5 or 6 years and i don't see this year being any different as he's 35...zach thomas doesn't mean much imo at 35. only way i see crayton matching his 50 catches from last year is if TO has an off year/is hurt or defenses really need to re-evaluate their talent/scheme. he is terrible as a two...bottom five 2nd wr in the league. my opinions obviously but i just don't get it..thats the thing i'm talking about they did more with less last year and didn't get any better sans the draft in which they won't really reap the benefits of for a couple of years imo..and they sat and watched the bottom of their division get better. and i know i'm in the minority of thinking when i say that i believe jones is significantly better than barber...but i guess we'll see about that.

they certainly should make the playoffs, but i doubt they'll make much noise...just not enough depth at some key positions imo. actually a very similar team to my browns

Yea, your right, like I said in my 1st post this is a huge cowboy forum much like in CFB Ohio State is very prevalent. It is ok though because not many people expected san diego to have the year they did the year after Marty left. He was a great coach, he can get you there but can win it.

TO is now 32 years old and the assumption that he is going to be able to play like he was 27 or even 29 is absurb because I don't care how well you take care of your body the fact of the matter is that everybody's bodies age and slow down. While TO is a phenominal reciever and one of my favorites all time I do not see him being able to give it his all the whole season.

I think the browns win week 1, but i am a big browns fan so that my opinion on that game is meaningless, and let's no forget the pressure that tony romo is going to endure this year as he tries to shed the label of being a QB that buckles under pressure.

but to say TO will fall off wit no proff is a joke in my opinion. he had a great season last year. 3rd best yards,best yards per catch,2nd most tds, 2nd most 1st downs made in a season in his career. hes not fallin off, untill his numbers start to drop i still think he will put up numbers as he always has week in week out year in year out. crayton might not be a great #2 but i think hes gettin better. and i still gotta say how can u stop this O?

i guess we have different opinions on dallas this year joe, gl if u make that bet

Definitely one of my favorites. Why is there so much chalk on NFL totals?

I don't think much time gets put into NFL totals and therefore the lines makers don't want to get burnt. I believe thats why they are so high so they can make additional money on the juice. Well that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.:cheers:

really dislike the chiefs this year..i think 4-12 at best

I like teams that invest in their offensive and defensive lines through the draft and early on in the draft. Recent history has shown that teams that do that often do well the following season. I'm not saying that they are going to be great players, I just like to invest in teams that invest in there own trenches.:cheers:

but to say TO will fall off wit no proff is a joke in my opinion. he had a great season last year. 3rd best yards,best yards per catch,2nd most tds, 2nd most 1st downs made in a season in his career. hes not fallin off, untill his numbers start to drop i still think he will put up numbers as he always has week in week out year in year out. crayton might not be a great #2 but i think hes gettin better. and i still gotta say how can u stop this O?

i guess we have different opinions on dallas this year joe, gl if u make that bet

Your right I do not have any proof that his productivity will drop off, but I do know that eventually the productivity will drop off and the cowboys #2 receiver is light years away from TO in terms of productivity. I don't need proof that TO's productivity will drop off because that is often where the best value is found when you anticipate something happening before it does.

I guess we will see.

I am going to the browns opener when they play Dallas. Dallas will probably win but right now I am leaning towards the browns ML, only because I am the biggest browns homer I know.

GL with the season.:cheers:

Just got around to analyzing the season win totals for each team (part of my procrastination process to avoid studying for the CFA), and I like two totals and I lean toward another two.

Worthy of bets:
Detroit under 6.5 -120
Arizona under 8 -130

Leans:
Baltimore over 6 -120
Chicago over 8 +130

It might be a homer pick, but I think Titans OVER 8 is one of the best values on the board. The biggest question with the Titans heading into the season is offense but there is every reason to believe it will be better.

Here's why: Mike Heimerdinger, the coordinator who made Steve McNair, returns to his old post. He is a much better fit for Vince Young and will call a game that is more conducive to his strenghts than Chow did. Don't forget how good Vince Young was as a rookie.He was banged up last year and admittedly didn't play well, but don't expect that to be the norm.He's had one season where the team won because of him and one season where they won in spite of him. I would expect more of an equilibrium which is fine.

Crumpler gives Vince Young a dependable guy on third down. They didn't have one offensive player who could go for a big play. Chris Johnson should be that guy.

The Titans had a poor return game last year, and Johnson should improve that. The poor field position had a huge effect on the offense and Vince Young last year.

The Titans are well coached and have a strong kicking game, which is a huge plus in the NFL.

The schedule isn't too imposing for this number. The Titans play the AFC North and NFC North. They benefit from the schedule because the most difficult teams from those divisions come to Nashville(Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Green Bay) while having winnable road games(Cincinnati, Detroit, Chicago,Baltimore). The other two AFC games are the Jets and Chiefs, both teams the Titans defeated last year.

Back