2008 IIHF World Championship

catfood

Flying Frenchman
2008 IIHF World Championship: To win Mens 2008 World Championship

Will Canada win the 2008 Tournament? (Must start)
1 Yes 2.520
2 No 1.617
Will Russia win the 2008 Tournament? (Must start)
3 Yes 4.370
4 No 1.272
Will Sweden win the 2008 Tournament? (Must start)
5 Yes 8.360
6 No 1.116
Will Czech Rep. win 2008 Tournament? (must start)
7 Yes 9.000
8 No 1.100
Will Finland win the 2008 Tournament? (must start)
9 Yes 12.000
10 No 1.071
Will the USA win the 2008 Tournament? (must start)
11 Yes 10.000
12 No 1.091
Will Slovakia win 2008 Tournament? (must start)
13 Yes 21.000
14 No 1.038

Why not a world championship thread, any info you have, just put it here.

In 21 attempts, never has the home team won it, so I bet NO on Canada to win at 1.617

I am on Italy + 0,5 and Latvia + 4

I am waiting for the lines to be posted at Pinnacle for the other games. Depending on the lines I should be on Russia and USA

Thanks Devil and Satyr...Sounds good Eddie, Im on the US as well. Its a good line since Slovenia kept it reasonably close against Canada, but Canada does not habitually blow teams out.

U.S. -4.5 over Slovenia 2.130

Denmark should be clear faves against Italy. They're better offensively and have a young and hungrier team.

Denmark should be clear faves against Italy. They're better offensively and have a young and hungrier team.

Nice call Mikael, I thought about the game and thought like you, but I could not get passed my head why the handicap was only -0.5.

The US couldnt get that extra goal...so 2-1 (+0.837)so far.

Finland -4 over Norway 1.794

Im also considering Belarus and Germany as underdogs, mostly Belarus.

Last edited:
Devil, the brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski of the habs and Ruslan Salei of the Avalanche are supposed to dress for Belarus today. I felt the odds was worth the risk.

Devil, the brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski of the habs and Ruslan Salei of the Avalanche are supposed to dress for Belarus today. I felt the odds was worth the risk.

Yes, Mikhail Grabovski and Ruslan Salei are going to play today. Brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn will not play today because they must receive allowance from their club...
:popcorn:

Yes, Mikhail Grabovski and Ruslan Salei are going to play today. Brothers Andrei and Sergei Kostitsyn will not play today because they must receive allowance from their club...
:popcorn:

What do you mean Devil? You mean receive the permission from the Montreal Canadiens?

Because in my habs newsfeed it says that Gainey has confirmed it and barring a major unforeseen event, that they will indeed play today and that the 2 Kostitsyn and Grabovski will be a trio.

Im going to put these 2 bets in for tomorrow already cause Id be surprised it stays at this.

Canada -1 over U.S. 1.870
Latvia -1 over Slovenia 1.935

O.K but according to my information they should not play today let us surprise.GL CAT:cheers:

Thanks guys, one win and a push

3-3 (-0.228)

Finland -2 over Slovakia 2.300
Germany -2 over Norway 2.230

3-5 (-2.228) Stupid Finland

Canada -5 over Norway 2.000....Norway played last night and Canada off a bad performance. Hitchcock will make Canada deliver, and Canada will win but lets hope they can cover the 5 goals.

Back