2007 NBA Mock Draft

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
I think there will be multiple trades on draft night. This won’t be the final draft order. Next to each team I have the team needs in parenthesis. This year’s draft is rock solid. Picks 1 thru 15 could all end up being quality NBA players. Picks 6 thru 15 is a total toss-up meaning that a player picked at #7 is on the same talent level as a player picked at 13. I expect Atlanta and Philadelphia to make a lot of noise on the trade front. I expect Washington, New Jersey, and Golden State to all try to trade up into the top 10. Each team desperately needs a big man, but there is very little talent outside of the top 10 at that position. Some overrated players projected in round 1 include: Mike Conley Jr., Nick Young, Morris Almond, and Josh McRoberts. Some underrated players include: Al Thorton (If he drops out of the top 10), Jarred Dudley, and Marcus Williams.

1. Portland (C) Greg Oden
2. Seattle (PG, SF) Kevin Durant
3. Atlanta (PG, C) Al Horford
4. Memphis (C) Brandon Wright
5. Boston (SF, PF) Corey Brewer
6. Milwaukee (PG) Mike Conley Jr.
7. Minnesota (SF, C) Spencer Hawes
8. Charlotte (SG, SF) Jeff Green
9. Chicago (from New York) (PG, PF) Yi Jianlian
10. Sacramento (PG, PF, C) Joakim Noah
11. Atlanta (from Indiana) (PG, C) Acie Law IV
12. Philadelphia (SF, PF) Al Thorton
13. New Orleans (SG, SF) Julian Wright
14. L.A. Clippers (SF) Nick Young
15. Detroit (from Orlando) (PG, SG, C) Javaris Crittenton
16. Washington (PF, C) Sean Williams
17. New Jersey (PF) Jason Smith
18. Golden State (PF, C) Derrick Byars
19. L.A. Lakers (PG, PF) Rodney Stuckey
20. Miami (PG, SF, C) Thaddeus Young
21. Philadelphia (from Denver) (SF, PF) Tiago Splitter
22. Charlotte (from Toronto through Cleveland) (SG, SF) Morris Almond
23. New York (from Chicago) (SG) Jared Dudley
24. Phoenix (from Cleveland through Boston) (SG, PF) Rudy Fernandez
25. Utah (SF, C) Josh McRoberts
26. Houston (PG, SG, PF) Gabe Pruitt
27. Detroit (PG, SG, C) Aaron Gray
28. San Antonio (SF) Marcus Williams
29. Phoenix (SG, PF) Daequan Cook
30. Philadelphia (Dallas through Denver and Golden State) (SF, PF) Taurean Green
<o></o>
Notable 2<sup>nd</sup> round players:

Glen Davis, Marco Belinelli, Wilson Chandler, Alando Tucker, Devon Hardin, Aaron Brooks, Arron Afflalo, and Stephane Lasme

Last edited:
Aaron Brooks

I'm surprised that after you could wash out in both New Orleans and Oakland that you could actually get drafted in the second round. I suppose that just shows how fall the NBA's overall talent level has fallen.

=)

Aaron Brooks

I'm surprised that after you could wash out in both New Orleans and Oakland that you could actually get drafted in the second round. I suppose that just shows how fall the NBA's overall talent level has fallen.

=)

There are next to no PG's in the 07 draft, so that alone should get Brooks drafted. His is clearly the quickest player in the draft, and he had some decent workouts this summer. I'm a bigger fan of Jared Jordan (PG from Marist). And he will likely get drafted after Brooks if he even gets drafted at all. Orlando at #54 or Detroit (If they don't take a PG in round 1, which is unlikely) at #57 would be nice fits for Jordan.

Oden is gonna look sweet in that blazers jersey

I think Durant will have a bigger immediate impact over Oden, but Oden will have the better career. A true 7'0 Center is so rare in the NBA nowadays, Oden is a once in a lifetime player. Durant is probably a once in 10 years player.

Thad Young must have been an ommission. He is a lock for the 1st round and wouldn't be surprised if he snuck inot the lottery.

I think Phoenix will make a draft day deal and move into the first.
Read that Noah was scheduled to work out with Phoenix, leading to speculatyion of a deal in the works. Raptors will alos make a push to get into the draft vis $$$$.

I think Durant will have a bigger immediate impact over Oden, but Oden will have the better career.

I agree, but only if Greg Oden gets some teaching wherever he goes. If he doesn't, it's quite likely he just turns into a very good journeyman center. Which, of course, means that only injury will keep him from playing in the league fewer than ten to 12 years.

Thad Young must have been an ommission. He is a lock for the 1st round and wouldn't be surprised if he snuck inot the lottery.

Yea I missed him...I thought I had him in, but that was NICK Young that I had. I think he could go as high as 13 or 14. I revised it with him in.

I think Phoenix will make a draft day deal and move into the first.
Read that Noah was scheduled to work out with Phoenix, leading to speculatyion of a deal in the works. Raptors will alos make a push to get into the draft vis $$$$.

Raptors could probably get to 11 in a package involving Calderon.

why are u teasing me with my bulls taking yi at 9, you know i love the chinese kg.

your exactly right on what chicago needs. captain kirk is not a pg and i cant name the last quality 4 man we had ... o wait ya i can elton brand. fuck fuck fuck.

I think Durant will have a bigger immediate impact over Oden, but Oden will have the better career. A true 7'0 Center is so rare in the NBA nowadays, Oden is a once in a lifetime player. Durant is probably a once in 10 years player.

i couldnt agree more, but that Blazers team is not ready next year to make the playoffs, as good and young as they are. They take Oden and they all start learning the system together. Roy, Jack, Randolph, Aldrige, and Oden is a mighty nice starting 5 to build that franchise around

Yi Jianlian

I follow so much college, not as much NBA....I know very little about this guy.....I just read someone calling him the next KG, is this really a fair comparison???? and if so, why would he be dropping to 9?

A couple things (shockingly enough all about the Sixers cuz well thats the only team I care about). Im also gonna work under the assumption that they dont trade any picks (since thats too complicated to project - though I hear King saying he wants to move up to the 8 to 9 range - hopefully for Jeff Green...)

Firstly, I'm sure its a typo, but SF as a team need? Thats the one position theyre pretty much stocked at - I assume you meant SG.

Secondly, I would love to see them get Thornton at 12, but my gut feeling is hes long gone by then. My worst fear is they take spencer hawes - i really dont care what any of the experts say hes going to do, hes gonna be a bust and I want no part of him (same goes for Josh McRoberts later in the draft). Id seriously consider Julian Wright if hes on the board as well.

I agree if they do pick 4 times at least one of them is going to be international so they can leave him there for a year. The two names Im hearing are Splitter and Fernandez. I know nothing about either of them.

Also, Aaron Aflalo is a guy i'd seriously look at with that last pick in the first round, or if hes still there with the second rounder, then i think you almost have to take him

My best case scenario for the sixers:

Without trades:
12. Al Thornton
21. Daequan Cook
30. Sean Williams
38. Aaron Afflalo

With trades:
8. Jeff Green (for the 12 & 21?)
27. Daequan Cook (for the 30 & 38?)

People i absolutely dont want to see them draft under any circumstances (in no particular order):
Yi Jianlian
Spencer Hawes
Josh McRoberts
Aaron Gray
Kyle Visser
(and, no I dont have anything against plodding white guys - except that theres a 90% chance that their skills translate into towel waving cheerleading in the NBA)

Yi Jianlian

I follow so much college, not as much NBA....I know very little about this guy.....I just read someone calling him the next KG, is this really a fair comparison???? and if so, why would he be dropping to 9?

He has a smooth jumpshot with range, can go either left or right, and already speaks good english which will help him adjust quicker than other imports.

he's a very versatile big man, who can play down low or up top.

who i want the bulls to draft (player i like best at top). i dont list brewer b/c he is expected to be gone by pick 9 in everything ive looked at.

yi
noah
jeff green

why are u teasing me with my bulls taking yi at 9, you know i love the chinese kg.

I just got home, and I'll comment on the rest of the posts later. Since this was the first response here u go:

I can tell you right now Yi is not going in the top 6. UNLESS Conley is gone before the Bucks pick, then the Bucks would look at him. I also think if Conley is gone, the Bucks would likely trade down and grab Crittenton or Law later in the draft, which opens the door for a team like Philly (who likes Yi) to move up and take him. The T-Wolves could look at Yi, especially if they plan on trading KG. I've heard nothing about Charlotte liking him. So that takes us to #9 where the Bulls likely will select either Noah or Yi. I really think they need a scoring threat at the 4, and Noah isn't that player.

your exactly right on what chicago needs. captain kirk is not a pg and i cant name the last quality 4 man we had ... o wait ya i can elton brand. fuck fuck fuck.

Ironically, Brand might be available next year, and the Bulls would probably make a run for him.

Yi Jianlian

I just say he has KG skills. He's dropping because the top of the draft really has rock solid talent. It's hard to imagine any of the top 6 being an outright bust. I think there are a lot of questions with Yi: Little experience playing top against top talent, and a strange question of his age. I've seen 18, 19, 22, and even 24. No one seems to know...

A couple things (shockingly enough all about the Sixers cuz well thats the only team I care about). Im also gonna work under the assumption that they dont trade any picks (since thats too complicated to project - though I hear King saying he wants to move up to the 8 to 9 range - hopefully for Jeff Green...)

Firstly, I'm sure its a typo, but SF as a team need? Thats the one position theyre pretty much stocked at - I assume you meant SG.

Secondly, I would love to see them get Thornton at 12, but my gut feeling is hes long gone by then. My worst fear is they take spencer hawes - i really dont care what any of the experts say hes going to do, hes gonna be a bust and I want no part of him (same goes for Josh McRoberts later in the draft). Id seriously consider Julian Wright if hes on the board as well.

I agree if they do pick 4 times at least one of them is going to be international so they can leave him there for a year. The two names Im hearing are Splitter and Fernandez. I know nothing about either of them.

Also, Aaron Aflalo is a guy i'd seriously look at with that last pick in the first round, or if hes still there with the second rounder, then i think you almost have to take him

My best case scenario for the sixers:

Without trades:
12. Al Thornton
21. Daequan Cook
30. Sean Williams
38. Aaron Afflalo

With trades:
8. Jeff Green (for the 12 & 21?)
27. Daequan Cook (for the 30 & 38?)

People i absolutely dont want to see them draft under any circumstances (in no particular order):
Yi Jianlian
Spencer Hawes
Josh McRoberts
Aaron Gray
Kyle Visser
(and, no I dont have anything against plodding white guys - except that theres a 90% chance that their skills translate into towel waving cheerleading in the NBA)

I think the Sixers need a starting SF. I consider Iguodala a SG. I like Korver and Carney, but I think they are back ups. I have a feeling Willie Green will be traded soon. 3 guys fit the proto-typical SF mold: Brewer, Green, and Thorton. I also think the Sixers need a scoring PF. Yi and Hawes would be nice fits.

Ive seen Yi play twice. He does not have KG skills, he might have KG athletic ability. Yi doesnt have a head, I'd compare him to Stro, with a mid range game.

I think the Bucks will be a lock to take a pg in this draft, especially with Mo publically stating that he wants a contract in the neighborhood of 9-10 mill/year.

I think the Sixers need a starting SF. I consider Iguodala a SG. I like Korver and Carney, but I think they are back ups. I have a feeling Willie Green will be traded soon. 3 guys fit the proto-typical SF mold: Brewer, Green, and Thorton. I also think the Sixers need a scoring PF. Yi and Hawes would be nice fits.

Iggy is not a shooting guard.

Yi and Hawes would be good fits in theory, im just worried theyll both be varrying degrees of busts

t-dot,
any word from the Raps?

We are trying hard to get into the draft. I think there are a couple of players that BC will target:

Bellinelli
The Finnish Flash Peteri (if Caldy is traded)
Almond
Fernandez
Splitter
Thaddeus Young

The last 2 guys should go much higher, but due to their buy-out clause will hopefully drop to the Raptors. Gherardini has the upper hand over EVER GM in the NBA as far as Euro negotiations go.

My ideal guy is T. Young. He is flying under the radar right now, he will play with a chip on his shoulder as soon as he sets foot onto an NBA court.

We also brought S. McKinnon (spelling) MVP of the Aussie league into training camp.

Read rumours of a Bibby for JSmoove and the 11. So, that 11 could be on its way to Sacto.

There is no way in hell the Hawks make that move, Knight has, thankfully, come out and said recently that Smith isn't going anywhere since his contract makes him one of the best values in the NBA. Unless of course it's for someone like Amare or Garnett .. but that's obviously not happening

Rumor has the sixers trading the 12 and andre miller for the 3 pick...

Id then assume theyd take Horford

I've heard that too, I love it ... Conley isn't ready to lead a team to the playoffs ... if we get Miller and trade for a Gasol or Camby, I will be extatic. That'd be a top 4 seed in the east, easily. I still want Calderon more though, Chilldress and #11, please.

Rumor has the sixers trading the 12 and andre miller for the 3 pick...

Id then assume theyd take Horford

This would be the best move the Sixers have made in a while. I'm pretty sure they'd then use #21 and #30 to try and move up to grab one of the PG's: Law, Crittenton, or even someone like Stuckey.

I think the Bucks will be a lock to take a pg in this draft, especially with Mo publically stating that he wants a contract in the neighborhood of 9-10 mill/year.

Mo is smoking some high quality shit if hes thinking about getting 9-10 million.

I've heard that too, I love it ... Conley isn't ready to lead a team to the playoffs ... if we get Miller and trade for a Gasol or Camby, I will be extatic. That'd be a top 4 seed in the east, easily. I still want Calderon more though, Chilldress and #11, please.

There's a strong rumour that BC has locked into 1 guy that is slipping (praying for Thaddeus Young). Apparently, going after a pick near the end of the first, but it will be a deal and not a purchase (Calderone is not rumoured to be in this deal). If that is the case, i dont see Childress + 11 getting it done for Calderone. But, if the guy is question starts shooting up the draft, I see BC pulling the trigger on the deal.

I cant wait for this draft

I cant take anymore of the speculation and rumors

and if the sixers end up drafting yi jialian, josh mcroberts and aaron gray im officially a free agent as fas as my fan allegiances go

Back