11 Kurt Busch +2000
12 Jeff Burton +2300
13 Greg Biffle +2121
14 Clint Bowyer +3000
15 Ryan Newan +3000
16 Brian Vickers +3000
17 Juan Pablo Montoya +7500
18 The Field +1500

See some value in Bif and probably Kyle Busch.

:cheers:

Montoya might be good at the road courses though. I think when they switch to the COT late in the year that it should make it real interesting. The only bad thing is that most of the previous race data will be pretty much worthless.

The COT is going to be used as early as the first Dega race I think..

First glance Biffle jumps off the page...he's the top dog in roush now that Martin is onto MB2..

I don't even think Kyle will make the chase next year.

Kasey Kahne at 12-1 isn't bad at all..

COT is supposed to debut at Second Bristol race. They are only running them on 1 1/2 mi. and less till 2008. At least that is what I heard. I think Kyle should be there, the kid can drive.

I haven't checked on the COT in a couple weeks...I didn't realize that..I'm glad to hear that..

Must be taking the driver's concerns for real...

Kyle can drive but the competition is stiff...I don't think he's consistent enough..

I think if you take Kyle and Burton out and add Biffle and Edwards/Ku Busch/Newman in...

Remember, Penske will get their shit together as well as Roush...Martin will be out too so there's a spot but I would slide Biffle in that spot most likely..

Kyle will make the chase next year as well..He is a good driver and is only getting smarter out there on the race track.. already have my tickets for Darlington and the first atlanta race and going to be going to the pepsi 400 and probably both dega races at least...cant wait!

Not according to Jack Roush...

Roush: Biffle will lead team in Martin's absence

Most say no one will fully be able to replace veteran driver

By David Newton, NASCAR.COM
October 10, 2006
10:39 PM EDT (02:39 GMT)
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
TALLADEGA, Ala. -- One is a married 34-year-old from Cambridge, Wis., with a Cup championship. He's quiet at first impression, but quick on the quips once you get to know him.

The other is a single 36-year-old from Vancouver, Wash., with a Busch Series and Truck Series title, something no other driver can say. He's just as comfortable busting rocks on his farm as he is busting moves on the racetrack.

Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle.

Depending on how you look at it, one will be the senior driver at Roush Racing next season with Mark Martin, 47, departing for a part-time ride at MB2 Motorsports.

Kenseth could argue he deserves top billing because he began his full-time Cup career at Roush Racing in 2000, a full two years before Biffle. Or because he has a Cup title [2003] and 14 Cup victories, more than any driver in NASCAR's largest organization.

Biffle, who likes to say Kenseth is older even though he's not, could argue he deserves the title because of his age. Or because he's won two titles even though neither came in Cup and because he arrived at Roush Racing in 1998, a year ahead of Kenseth.

"Maybe we'll have to arm wrestle for it,'' Biffle said with a laugh.
Not according to team owner Jack Roush.

"Mark will be missed,'' he said. "But Greg Biffle is the heir apparent. He's the senior guy. He has the first opportunity we'll have to see a driver win a championship in all three of NASCAR's top categories.

"He's an inspiration to the rookies and he's been very helpful in every way that he can to give them encouragement and support.''

Actually, Biffle and Kenseth will help shoulder the leadership load, along with Carl Edwards, Jamie McMurray and whoever Roush puts into Martin's No. 6 car in 2007.

"I think that's the case,'' said Roush, who appears to have narrowed Martin's replacement to rookies David Ragan and Todd Kluever.

Points leader Jeff Burton, who left Roush Racing for Richard Childress Racing in 2004, said Kenseth and Biffle have the foresight and talent to keep Roush Racing at the top.

But, he added, there's no way anybody can completely replace Martin as a leader.

"Mark has a way of expecting everything to work right,'' he said. "When it doesn't, he lets everybody know it's now working right. In losing Mark, they lose someone who will, under all circumstances, demand more.

"Matt and Greg will have to carry that mantle. I think they can, but there's no way losing Mark Martin -- in any form or fashion -- can be considered a positive for Roush Racing. ... There is just no way you lose someone like that without having a negative impact.''

He gets no argument from Kenseth, who says he wouldn't be at Roush Racing had it not been for Martin.

Kenseth said Martin has been a great teacher and great inspiration the way he is respected in the garage and handles every situation with class.

"He's had a lot of experience and kinda showed me the right thing to do and told me what the wrong thing to do was, and definitely taught me and still teaches me a lot along the way,'' he said.

Biffle said the great "wealth of knowledge'' Martin brought to Roush is what he'll miss most.

"He's good to bounce stuff off of,'' Biffle said. "I remember one of the first times we tested Kansas he came over and kind of threw his arms up in the air and said, 'Try this. Put this front spring in and sway bar in your car and tell me what it drives like.'

"He's really been there for us with a lot of experience.''

At the same time, Biffle feels the experience he's gained the past nine years will help fill the void.

"It's not like we don't need him, certainly, but we're going to be OK without him,'' he said. "I don't think we necessarily need a spokesperson. We're close enough now as an organization ... I'd like to say if we have not a well-oiled machine, but there's not so much controversial stuff that really needs to be such a big issue anymore.

"It's not like we're a union and we need one guy to stand up for us and voice our opinion. We truly don't need that with the organization we have now.''

Edwards agreed.

"[Mark's] done so much for my career,'' he said. "Hopefully, I can still go talk to him and ask questions like I always have. I hate losing a teammate like that, but it's just the way it goes.

"Jack Roush is an amazing leader. [Team president] Geoff Smith does an amazing job. If you go to Roush Racing and see how the thing is structured it's pretty awesome. It's not just a one-man show.''

If Roush gets there shit together, I think Biff should bounce back nicely after a dreadful season last yr. I see myself putting a little on him to win the championship. They should have odds on who doesn't make the chase, that would be pretty cool to bet on.

Found a good article from a fantasy newsletter that I get.

NASCAR is a sport that has a lot of turnover, some of which won't be complete until Speedweeks begin at Daytona in February. 2007 is a season of transition for this sport, as the "Car of Tomorrow" will be phased in at 16 races, the first of which will be Bristol in April. This car begins another era in stock car racing, as the larger cockpit and body design as well as the higher rear spoiler are intended to make passing easier and reduce the aerodynamic dependence which has plagued some of the sports larger tracks in recent years.
This change does not bode well for most of the small teams that do not have the funding or backing of powerhouses like Hendrick Motor Sports and Roush Racing. Teams that were consistent contenders in the late 80's and throughout the 90's like Robert Yates Racing, the Wood Brothers, and Petty Enterprises will no doubt struggle as the sport continues to pull away from them.
Hendrick Motor Sports will no doubt have the immediate advantage in races where the Car of Tomorrow will be used, as they have the only model that has passed through NASCAR's meticulous inspection process thus far. Bristol should be a good event to see what this car can bring, as the boxier model might induce racing that resembles the fender-banging era of the 1980's.
Also, Toyota for the first time becomes a player in the Cup Series, giving NASCAR's major league 50 fully funded, full time teams. Remember, there are only 43 spots in each race, and 35 go to the top 35 in owner points. That leaves seven spots plus one past champion's provisional. Toyota was smart to sign Dale Jarrett, giving them one automatic spot in the field. Jarrett is the most recent champion to not have a ride in the top 35 in owner points from last season. Qualifying will be more important than ever this year.
<TABLE align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width="33%">Teams that will excel:
  • Hendrick Motor Sports
  • Roush Racing
  • Richard Childress Racing
  • Gibbs Racing
  • Evernham Motor Sports
</TD><TD width="33%">Teams that will compete:
  • Dale Earnhardt Inc.
  • Penske Racing
</TD><TD width="33%">Teams that will struggle:
  • Ginn Racing
  • Ganassi
  • The Wood Brothers
  • Robert Yates Racing
  • Hall of Fame Racing
  • All Toyota teams (Bill Davis, Waltrip, Red Bull)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Some great reads there guys. That would be awesome to bet on who does NOT make the chase or even who makes the chase...

I put a little on Biff today, think I am going to add Kyle also. If Hendricks have there cars ready like it sounds, I think Kyle has enough talent to be able to make a run this year. I really like Biff's chances though. Probably will put a little bit more on him in the future.

I'm still not sure Kyle gets the same stuff as the 24 and 48...pretty much why Vickers moved on IMO...

Kyle shit was up to snuff in the Chase and I think he used up all his good stuff to get in, because they don't have as many good cars as the 24 and 48...who can save some stuff for those Chase races..

Kyle basically had one good mile and half car....

Hey guys,
newbie here and love Nascar racing. I'll admit and this may not be a fav here but I am a Kurt Busch fan. headed to Vegas for the race in March. Cannot wait to see the new configuration.
I can tell you this, I agree that kenseth is the top dawg at Roush but watch out for Edwards next year. Got his CC back in Osborne and I believe that is going to be a team to beat next year. I would say his odds are worth betting. Also, Kyle is a very talented driver but I believe he will not make the chase this year. Alot of guys outside the top ten in 06 that will be back in 07. Cannot wait to talk more Nascar with you folks

Welcome to the site Pepsiman. Look forward to chatting NASCAR with you in the 07 season. I agree with you and think Carl should have a great year this year.

:Cheers:

Guys....on track performance as of late, Kenseth is top dog obviously...but not in the garage area...

Nobody in that Roush camp looks up to Matt or will go to him for advice...that guy was M Martin and now will be Greg Biffle...

Remember two years back and Biff was the cat on the track as well...the mile and 1/2's he was dominant and I look for him to be VERY stout next year..

Jump,
I agree with you there, just stating Kenseth is the best of the best at Roush. he has never been a leader there but never has had to be. With Martin gone and honestly Kurt, Roush will rely on Biffle to be the leader. But, I am not sure he wants that role. Biffle is a driver that is dedicated to his team and himself. Away from the track, he has all of his stuff he likes to do with himself. Quite honestly, don't be surprised to see Biffle gone after his existing contract at Roush. There is alot there going on behind the scenes that makes one not want to be there. i do agree though, he is going to have a good year with Tryson at the healm.

Back