36. Bernard Berrian

37. Kevin Curtis

38. Devery Henderson

39. Santonio Holmes

40. Mike Furrey

41. Drew Bennett

Last edited:
Mike Vick #10?

I'd personally never draft him on any of my teams, but he did have some pretty nice fantasy #'s last year despite a pretty bad year. Petrino should help that offense, and all these early round picked young WR's have to produce at some point.

I think there is a huge dropoff in QBs this year. After the big 6, the talent drops off considerably. I like Romo, Rivers, and Hasselbeck in the 2nd tier right after the big 6. All 3 have strong running games behind them and some decent weapons in the passing game. Plus, all 3 will play on very good teams in the 07-08 season. Romo and Rivers had very nice 1st seasons as #1's last year. I rank Hass behind these guys because of his injury last year. After these guys, 10-20 is a total crap shoot. I really like Cutler to have a decent year. But this will be his first full season. I'm not huge on Young because the Titans did nothing in the offseason to put talent around him. They actually removed some key pieces.

Dominic Rhodes is suspended for the first 4 games of the season for a substance abuse violation. So, Lamont Jordan makes the list now for RB's at #31. Jordan will see at least 4 quality starts, and who knows what Rhodes' status will be when he returns. Jordan could end up getting more than just 50% of the carries for the entire year.

no Kevin Jones on the rb list?

Early indications are that he is still hurt, and he will miss the first few games of the year. That alone doesn't deserve a roster spot in a typical league. Some people are saying he will never be the same again. Some are saying he could miss most of the year. Signing Duckett and Bell definately tells me the Lions are concerned. I'm hearing good things about Bell in Martz's system, especially his pass catching ability. It's still early, and things could change. I'll update the full rankings again in late August.

damn i didnt know he was hurt that badly. what the hell did he do to himself?

im drafting tom for a 12 team league im in. i will come back with my team to show off round noon or so.

mcnabb
maroney
parker
branch
javon walker
santana moss
vernon davis
vinatieri
vikings
schaub
brandon jackson (rb for packers, he a rook)
jamal lewis
kevin jones
lindell

mcnabb
maroney
parker
branch
javon walker
santana moss
vernon davis
vinatieri
vikings
schaub
brandon jackson (rb for packers, he a rook)
jamal lewis
kevin jones
lindell

Looks real solid. The only concern I'd have would be the back-up QB spot. I do think McNabb will be fine the entire year, which is why I think he is still a top 5 QB no doubt, but just for insurance I'd like to have a stronger back-up. Someone like a Cutler or Leinart. Other than that, Maroney and Parker could be the best 1-2 RB punch in your league.

ya a bit of the roll of the dice with mcnabb due to his health i agree. im okay with schaub (i like his supporting cast + they should be trailing in almost all their games) and leinart who i had targeted went before i had him projected.

i took all rbs who dont have a partner in the backfield with them taking carries. brandon jackson is rumored to be the starting back in GB before the season is over. so i like his value i got late in draft. and if kevin jones returns to form u never know too.

all in all im pleased.

i had pick 9 if anyone is curious and took willie parker in 1R.

The QB lot is pretty trashy this year, so I'll probably be looking to take Peyton Manning early again. If I ever do a league with total fantasy experts, it might actually backfire to take a QB early when everyone else takes RBs. But for most leagues,where you see people muff picks and occasionally even take a WR early, I really think locking up a premier QB early is worth it-especially with the depth at RB (I too really like Brandon Jackson in Green Bay...)

The QB lot is pretty trashy this year, so I'll probably be looking to take Peyton Manning early again. If I ever do a league with total fantasy experts, it might actually backfire to take a QB early when everyone else takes RBs. But for most leagues,where you see people muff picks and occasionally even take a WR early, I really think locking up a premier QB early is worth it-especially with the depth at RB (I too really like Brandon Jackson in Green Bay...)

My big money league has 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a flex spot (which is always a RB because they get more points). And it's also a keeper league, so the majority of us are keeping RB's. My goal is to draft 2 RB's with my first 2 picks, then come back and grab Bulger and my #1 WR. I really want one of the big 6 this year!

Another option would be to take a RB in round 1 and an elite QB in round 2. I'm just skeptical of what RB's would remain. I really don't want someone like an Ahmen Green as a starting RB for me. But that is the quality of backs that will be available if I go QB early. Another dream scenario would be if someone like a Benson or Jones fell late. And I'd have one of those as my 3rd starting RB. I'd have something like Portis (my keeper), Maroney (1st rd pick), Benson, Palmer, and someone like Fitzgerald as my #1 WR.

With the 7th pick this year, I still have no idea what my strategy is!

Another thing I stress is the #2 WR spot is meaningless. Each of the last 3 years, my #2 WR by playoff time was either via trade or free agency (last year it was Colston off waivers). I much rather stock up on RB's before taking a #2 WR. Having someone like Jacobs, Lynch, or Peterson on your bench can give you some nice trade bait.

Last year in my league. The top 3 in total scoring looked like this: Manning had 418 total points, Tomlinson had 415, and Brees had 377. Also, 7 QBs were in the top 10 in points. Including Kitna at #7.

Another thing I stress is the #2 WR spot is meaningless. Each of the last 3 years, my #2 WR by playoff time was either via trade or free agency (last year it was Colston off waivers). I much rather stock up on RB's before taking a #2 WR. Having someone like Jacobs, Lynch, or Peterson on your bench can give you some nice trade bait.

Agree with you there.

I generally try to take as many starting RBs as possible in hopes that something sticks. Traditionally nearly all my backups are RBs, even backup RBs...sure helped when Ron Dayne and Ladell Betts carried me championship week...

At this point, Mike Vick shouldn't even be drafted. And that weakens the QB depth even more! In a typical 10-team league, we could see Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, or Vince Young as a weekly starter. And while I really like Cutler, all 3 of these guys have serious question marks as far as being a #1 fantasy QB.

Back