2007-08 Premiership Predictions

Greencastle

The Doc
The new season is approaching, so let the predictions begin.

Here's my top 5:

Manchester United
Chelsea
Liverpool
Tottenham
Arsenal

Chelsea eh?

Not too sure about that man. They got alot of underachievers in that expensive squad like Ballack, Ferreira and Shevchenko. Also, chemistry might be an issue with Robben and Makalele complaining about playing time. And Mourinho himself has admitted that the tricks and mind games he used in his first year are no longer working as everybody knows what he's trying to do.

It's pretty close as it is rite now with Man United and Chelsea, but if United get Tevez they will be definite favorites.

Chelsea eh?

Not too sure about that man. They got alot of underachievers in that expensive squad like Ballack, Ferreira and Shevchenko. Also, chemistry might be an issue with Robben and Makalele complaining about playing time. And Mourinho himself has admitted that the tricks and mind games he used in his first year are no longer working as everybody knows what he's trying to do.

Don't need Robben, Malouda is far more superior with pace and doesnt run like a fanny.

Makalele is nearly done, he is now just providing cover for Essien and when African nations cup rolls in Maka will get playing time.

Chelsea lost that title because of the Terry and Cech injury, they had it but slipped away. i don't see Liverpool being a threat, their style of play is meant for European Football not EPL.

k writing my previews for the season for each team. will post it up by the weekend

Looking forward to it, bud. Although I resent your remark about my Reds!
icon10.gif

I still have yet to pick "my team" for the EPL. The team I'll likely support until my death. I dunno if you read that article by Bill Simmons on ESPN Page 2 (I know, the guy's a hack, but still) about choosing an EPL team http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060719 but I'm thinking of doing something similar. I already have my La Liga team (Atlético de Madrid) and an MLS team (Galaxy, with Chivas a close second since I grew up in LA) and a Serie A team (Inter), but I'm not that into Italian club soccer.

Anyway, been leaning towards either: Newcastle, Arsenal, Hotspur, or Liverpool in that order. I haven't fully ruled out ManU, but I don't like supporting teams that pay mega-bucks and buy a championship every year.

I still have yet to pick "my team" for the EPL. The team I'll likely support until my death. I dunno if you read that article by Bill Simmons on ESPN Page 2 (I know, the guy's a hack, but still) about choosing an EPL team http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060719 but I'm thinking of doing something similar. I already have my La Liga team (Atlético de Madrid) and an MLS team (Galaxy, with Chivas a close second since I grew up in LA) and a Serie A team (Inter), but I'm not that into Italian club soccer.

Anyway, been leaning towards either: Newcastle, Arsenal, Hotspur, or Liverpool in that order. I haven't fully ruled out ManU, but I don't like supporting teams that pay mega-bucks and buy a championship every year.

Than u can rule out Liverpool and Newcastle :-)

Than u can rule out Liverpool and Newcastle :-)

come on man, this is the first season of us doing it, all these guys are bought for the future, smart buys. Torres was too expensive, we all know that, and so was Babel, but that's how it is when you have to cope with the likes of Chelsea and Man U, look at our recent seasons, Rafa didn't get 80% of his first choice players.

Now that he finally did, I expect them to contend for the title in 2008/2009 season. They don't even have to win it, just be in the hunt until the last few legs. If not, Rafa needs to go.

i knew i was going to get some Liverpool backlash lol. Well i expect them to at least do better on the road, their road form was just down right awful. We shall see, how many more years Rafa has, he has got the financial backing now and he's getting a new stadium. He also has arguably the best midfield in the country so it is only a matter of time till we really see whether or not Liverpool can finally take that EPL.

Liverpool getting rid of Garcia was a smart move and the players they've brought in are very useful.

If Carragher and Agger stay fit, they'll be close til the end.

Mikey I ll be the first one to admit if we end up turning into glory hunting sc*m like some other clubs did, I hate all these modern football values, huge, overpaid transfers, piling up of star players and off we go, locking horns.

I don't like that. I'm a football fan that likes to see players grow with their club, become a trademark of the club, and when you hear about him in 15 years you'll say "oh yeah, that's a former _______ player", without having to list 4 clubs.

Just one. But that's slowly fading, so all I've got now is watching proud young lads beat the crap out of overpaid sluts.

I know Liverpool aren't the best example, as there are a few overpaid players as well, overhyped, even overrated (I hope not though), but it is the club I supported since I was 10. No sight of them in the CL or anywhere really, just a mid table low profile team (learned about their history a few years later), they're under my skin forever.

But trust me, I will be the first one to say if they become rotten. I may cry a little while doing it, but I will say it. :D.

Green, Garcia was actually an impact player since neither Crouch nor Morientes, Cisse or Fowler since he returned were scoring much. I'm talking about the season before last on purpose since Garcia was injured a lot last year.

He did score some important goals and was a useful player, but is a bit redundant now, we can use Pennant on the wing and Stevie on the free role, Riise can cover his parallel if he plays (or Finnan), and we will most likely see Xabi and Mascherano in the midfield as well. Sissoko will probably start on the bench as Masche's alternative, even though I like Momo a lot.

Mike, Liverpool indeed played subpar on the road last year in EPL, but if I'm not mistaking, the year before they weren't so bad away, it was overall consistency that suffered.

Liverpool need to start scoring. For years their biggest woe has been consistent scoring. Look at Man U. They scored 132 goals last year. They almost won it all.

Liverpool need Torres and Kuyt to start hot. They missed A TON of chances against Pompey on the Asian tournament, but I'll rate them in official matches.

Babel can be used up front as well. Crouch should get his chance again. But the dynamic duo has to be the force up front, backed by Stevie of course.

LFC defense shouldn't be an issue, it's all clear there.

All in all, I don't see them winning the title this year (EPL), I do see them going far in CL, perhaps kicking out Chelsea (AGAIN!!) in the process, and will probably finish 3rd in the Prem again, this time with far lesser points of difference compared to the champs.

I do see Man U winning the Prem again.

Unfortunately.

Should be a tight titlerace this year between Chelsea and Manchester United. So much depends on will any of their keyplayers pick injuries (like John Terry just did lol).

Liverpool i think will finish 3rd with an outside chance for the top 2 spots, but really unlikely.

Arsenal should finish 4th ahead of Tottenham, but will be vulnerable if they lose some of their keyplayers like Fabregas and Van Persie.

The fact that Chelsea will be missing so many key players like Drogba, Essien and Mikel for the African Cup will be a big disadvantage.

Chelsea have nobody to replace Drogba and Essien is a huge lose as well.

United will be champs again. Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo up front, come on man that's disgusting.

Reminds me of last year when they drew 2-2 with Fulham and Reading at home. :36_11_6:

Chelsea might really struggle to keep cleansheets without him. Already considering Birmingham on the handicap for the opening round.

just totally changed my perspective of Chelsea winning, now Man Utd deffo have to be heavier favorites considering they also do not have African players. Liverpool better take advantage of this absence when they meet in 3 weeks

FOR ME...

1..Manchester United ...... CHAMPION PREMIERSHIP AGAIN
AND CHAMPION League cup. i mean double ChAM FOR MANU.

I BELIVE THIS SEASON IS ROONEY SHOW

2..Liverpool
3..Chelsea
4..Arsenal
5..Tottenham .................. I DON'T BELIVE TOTTENHAM CAN FIGHTING FOR 9 MONTHS WITH BIG 4.

JUST ME!!

Don't underestimate Spurs.

Berbatov is worldclass and the young talent around him is getting better and better.

They got depth as well, so don't worry bout them fading. They just gotta improve their road form and they'll do very well this season.

Don't underestimate Spurs.

Berbatov is worldclass and the young talent around him is getting better and better.

They got depth as well, so don't worry bout them fading. They just gotta improve their road form and they'll do very well this season.

No doubt about that with the addition of Bent who is another proven goal scorer in premp. I believe they will do better this season.

they still don't have the right coach. Wenger is far superior to Martin Jol. yes they have the team, the crowd, the money but all in all Jol is no where close to the other top 4 team managers.

Not really sold on Bent. Especially at that ridiculous price.

Berbatov, Defoe and Keane are all better than him. But I'd rather have Darren than that clownface Mido.

Back