2 wks into the baseball season.. What have you learned?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
NL

Braves are a monster. Moneylines are going to rise but I still think there will be runline values because they score and their bullpen preserves leads.

Phillies, ah perhaps they have a shot at the fifth wildcard.

I love the Rockies and Royals. Moneyline value all season long.

I feel like the Dodgers are going to get really hot at some point this season. It's amazing how many LOB they have or maybe that's just when I'm watching.

Dodgers bats will surface at some point...

Hanley will help big time... Kemp needs to wake up..

A lineup needs production in #3 slot..

Maybe I missed all of this but what I saw was zack hit him, he ran his mouth after he hit him and Carlos charged tha mound. What more happened to make him a piece of shit?

I'm gonna leave it at that, not gonna go there here. It'll go on forever. We can discuss it in the Quentin suspension thread if you'd like. You missed a few other points in there though.

NL

Braves are a monster. Moneylines are going to rise but I still think there will be runline values because they score and their bullpen preserves leads.

Phillies, ah perhaps they have a shot at the fifth wildcard.

I love the Rockies and Royals. Moneyline value all season long.

I feel like the Dodgers are going to get really hot at some point this season. It's amazing how many LOB they have or maybe that's just when I'm watching.

No, you're right. Dodgers have left an insane number of runners stranded. Gotta think that'll turn around. Crawford has been amazing at the top of the order, getting on, getting things going...but, I think Kemp slumping is the biggest part of them not putting up more runs. When he breaks outta this slump I think the runs will start coming. Hmmm, maybe Mark Grace should have a little talk with Kemper.

I'm gonna leave it at that, not gonna go there here. It'll go on forever. We can discuss it in the Quentin suspension thread if you'd like. You missed a few other points in there though.

Didnt really even look at that topic.

Go check it out...you feel like arguing about it, I'll meet you over there!

No argument at all. I really dont follow baseball at all, u made a statement all I was sayin maybe I didn't see everything about it but from tha highlights of it I don't understand how he's a piece of shit for chargin tha mound after he got hit was all.

Ok... #1, he got hit on a 3-2 pitch in the 6th inning of a1-run game, no way was it intentional... #2, I'm not sure if Greinke cursed at him or not, but, if he did it was after Quentin had already taken 3 or 4 steps toward the mound, bat in hand, staring him down... #3, Quentin gets hit more than anyone else in baseball, its part of his game, he crowds the plate to get on base and try to force pitchers to throw away on him... #4, when the ball was coming at him he actually leaned closer to the plate, made zero effort to get out of the way (and, making zero effort to move out of the way, is against the rules in baseball)... #5, bottom line, he should've taken his base like a man, never charged the mound.

Yankees are really bad and will get worse when pitchers start breaking down which happens every year. Jeter (slowest), Tex (slow) and Grandy (getting slower), when back, will not help this squad.

Something I should have learned years ago but never will. Sundays are the worst day to bet on bases, complete shit show. Avoid!

I believe I recall someone who use to just fade the team going for a 4 game sweep on Sunday and was pretty successful at it. Does it still apply?

I believe I recall someone who use to just fade the team going for a 4 game sweep on Sunday and was pretty successful at it. Does it still apply?

not sure. but sweeps (generally speaking) are hard to do right? or atleast it was something I would look at when I used to bet.

maybe I am too focused on the Jays cause god forbid they couldn't muster more than 3 wins in a row so they were always a good fade option.

The Reds really looked pathetic in Pittsburgh this weekend. I still think they are a lot better than they are playing right now, but I don't understand why we brought in Broxton last year. The bullpen should be pretty good (better than major league average), but today was a disaster no doubt

Cincinnati pen sucks. Making the Pirates look like murderer's row out there. Wtf...

More frustration on my part. The stats actually look good sans today. I had the Reds and Cards today. Both teams blow big leads to teams struggling to score runs. Tough day...

Can't blame you for that Mets.. Both good bets.

More frustration on my part. The stats actually look good sans today. I had the Reds and Cards today. Both teams blow big leads to teams struggling to score runs. Tough day...

I like Rockies overs this year even on the road as long as the offense stays healthy. Very good offense and a horrific pitching staff.

Cleveland is going to really struggle to score runs with Bourn, Santana, and Kipis out. Looking to play some Cleveland TT Unders. Licking my chops for that Boston series... Marlins will need miracles to score more than 2 runs a game as long as Stanton is out. I will ride Harvey until the books adjust. This is guy is a stud, and should be relatively cheap for a little while. Rocks are underrated, Chacin is solid, will be looking to back him. Volquez is abysmal. I already bet against him big every start so far, and will continue to do so until he shows me I should stop. Fernandez is a stud in the making, will be betting alot of Fernandez ML and Fish Unders with him on the hill. Happ should continue to be cheap for a while, Ill be on him for a while. Dickey in the dome fade, Dickey outside the dome play. Bucholz and Lester, back and play the unders. Bet against Laffey, and play overs.

Cleveland is going to really struggle to score runs with Bourn, Santana, and Kipis out. Looking to play some Cleveland TT Unders. Licking my chops for that Boston series... Marlins will need miracles to score more than 2 runs a game as long as Stanton is out. I will ride Harvey until the books adjust. This is guy is a stud, and should be relatively cheap for a little while. Rocks are underrated, Chacin is solid, will be looking to back him. Volquez is abysmal. I already bet against him big every start so far, and will continue to do so until he shows me I should stop. Fernandez is a stud in the making, will be betting alot of Fernandez ML and Fish Unders with him on the hill. Happ should continue to be cheap for a while, Ill be on him for a while. Dickey in the dome fade, Dickey outside the dome play. Bucholz and Lester, back and play the unders. Bet against Laffey, and play overs.

Hey mets, I agree with everything you said in this post.. We are seeing things eye to eye.

Hey mets, I agree with everything you said in this post.. We are seeing things eye to eye.

Thanks, good luck to us! This year is shaping up well with already porous offenses missing key pieces (Fish, Pads, and Indians), and some really strong teams (Braves, Nats, Giants). Doesn't always work out that way. Will be looking for some spots to unload when those porous teams meet that really strong ones...

Difference from top to bottom in the AL East isn't nearly what we've become accustomed to. These teams are going to beat each other up all year, and the dogs are worth a long look most nights.

Back