2 Totals For Tonight

David Hess

Been on a nice run here at Capping The Game as I have gone 8-1-1 the last 3 days. 2 Plays for tonight.

Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox

This really should have been a premium play, but something is a bit unsettling about the line move as it has been bet down from 9, which i don't get at all, as the pitching matchup does not indicate a low scoring game.

Matt Moore has made 9 starts for the Rays and he has a 7.06 ERA in those starts. He is off a great start vs the Orioles, in which he allowed 0 ERs in 7 innings, but still he has faced the Sox twice in his last 4 starts and has allowed 6 ERs in each start, giving up a total of 5 HRs in the two starts. Matt has a career 7.54 ERA in 4 starts in this park and current Sox hitters have a .400 average and have hit 7 homers off of him in 75 ABs.

Now on to Henry Owens, who is off a couple of nice starts, but still he has struggled in this park with a 6.86 ERA in 4 starts. Those games have averaged 13.5 rpg. This will be his first ever start vs the Rays, but they are a team that hit;s lefties very well, which is also something that the Sox do as they have scored 6+ rpg vs lefties at home this year.

The Clinchers: The Over is 14-2 in the Rays last 16 game 2 of a series, while the Over is 26-5-1 in the Sox last 32 games vs a team with a losing record.

As you can see, the pitching stats don't add up to a low scoring game and neither do the Trends. Both offenses should have a field day in this one.

Play Tampa Bay/ Boston Over 8.5

San Francisco Giants vs San Diego Padres

These teams just met in San Francisco, where it has been harder to score than Petco this year and the teams put up 8 or more runs in all 3 games. That should continue tonight.

Chris Heston has not pitched well on the road this year as he has a 4.18 ERA in 14 starts away from home, with those starts averaging 9.79 rpg. Heston does have a 3.86 ERA in 4 career starts vs the Padres, but all 4 games have put up at least 10 runs. He faced them once here and while he didn't allow an ER in the game, it still put up 12 runs in the game.

The Giants have scored 5.71 rpg for Chris on the road and they should be able to get some runs off Tyson Ross in this one as he has a 4.41 ERA in his last 3 starts vs the Giants. He does have a solid 3.86 ERA at home this year, but still the Padres as a team have allowed 4.29 rpg in his home starts this year. Padre pitching allowed 27 runs in the 3 games at San Francisco and they have allowed 6.4 rpg in their last 10 games over.

This is a case of bad pitching will meet solid offense and that should get us 9+ runs in this one.

Play San Francisco/ San Diego Over 7

GLA

Thanks B.A.R and NBA fan. GL to you both tonight. Yeah I do, i just don't put Umpire info in my writeups all that much

Back