2 tOSU players/1 starter will be suspended for NC Game..

JumpOnBoard

CTG Partner
Per tOSU insiders...for violation of team rules...assume will be announced tomorrow...

If you like LSU, I'd buy now as it may rise a point or so...not sure what they'll value a starter at..

One player (the starter) is Donald Washington...boundary corner opposite of Malcolm Jenkins...he's had a very good year and it's a loss unfortunately....CB may be our deepest position though on D (or LB)....but a RS frosh (Chikwa) will get the start...w/ Andre Amos playing Nickel and some Jamario O'Neal..

The biggest deal is Heacock sometimes likes to bring in Chikwa for Jenkins in passing situations that aren't long yardage and move Jenkins to safety...that won't be an option this game....takes away some versatility...

The other play is rumored to be true frosh Eugene Clifford, who's a bigtime prospect but been slowed by injury and ineffectiveness this eyar...so no loss there.

LOL...I get ya Blue Chip..

Washington has really played well this year and LSU has best WR Corps we've faced by a mile....but Chekwa has played great sans the Illy game when he was out of position on two Play action TD's...although one was an insane pick play...

and he did win defensive player of the week vs Purdue in the big ten..

But still you want all of your arsenal in a big game.

Only in Columbus...playing for the Ship and get suspended

dumb Ohio..

(Yes..Jump is outta town for a few days..so I will pepper this thread wih comments)

Don't kid yourselves guys. TOSU will be the brides maid again but it will look better than what happened last yr.

The SEC comes to play in the real bowl games (Michigan fans beware) :36_11_6:

In all seriousness, you are playing for the NC, is it too much to ask to stick to the rules for 6 weeks? Un-fuken-believable

No doubt...it's Yag and hasn't been announced but my guess is weed...don't know for sure but Clifford had some issues w/ that in high school I remember..

Dispatch has the story now and the other one is Clifford:

Ohio State's starting corner suspended for title game

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:11 PM
By Ken Gordon and Tim May

The Columbus Dispatch
Ohio State starting cornerback Donald Washington and reserve corner Eugene Clifford have been suspended for the national championship game because of a violation of team rules, a source close to the team confirmed tonight.
There were no details on the nature of the violation, except that it is not a legal issue.
The loss of Washington is significant. The sophomore from Indianapolis has started every game this season and played well, twice being named the team's defensive player of the week.
He has 34 tackles, a sack and an interception returned 70 yards for a touchdown against Kent State.
In November, while discussing who has stood out on defense, center Jim Cordle called Washington “the most underrated corner in the nation.”
His absence means redshirt freshman Chimdi Chekwa likely will start with Malcolm Jenkins at the corners. In the nickel defense, safety Jamario O'Neal now likely will get the nod.
Previously, Chekwa has played corner in nickel and Jenkins has shifted to safety. Andre Amos, Nick Patterson and Aaron Gant also could see more playing time.
Clifford, a freshman from Cincinnati, has played in four games and has eight tackles.
In March, while in high school, Clifford was cited for marijuana possession by Colerain Township police. He paid a $105 fine for the minor misdemeanor.
Because he had not enrolled at OSU, Clifford did not fall under the school's drug and alcohol policy. A university spokesman said, though, that because of the infraction, Clifford might be subject to more stringent testing.​

all trash talking aside, this is complete lack of self control. you play in the nfl to one day win a super bowl; you play college football to one day win a nat'l title. and like etg said, these kids can't control themselves for six weeks before they play in the biggest game of their college career. unreal!

There's rumors of a fight between the two as well ...not sure if it was on field or somewhere else, but the rumors not clear.

It's all conjecture as I doubt a public statement will be made about what the kids did.

Like you said jump, you always want everyone available, but this isnt a make or break player IMO. If it was a DLman I would be very upset!

I still like this play alot as I think we match up well with them in pretty much every facet of the game.

ML only for me

This happens at LSU all the time. The difference is the SEC doesn't suspend their kids. With the exception of South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Florida. The rest of the SEC is slimey as slimey gets. Kudos to Tressel for taking the high road.

This happens at LSU all the time. The difference is the SEC doesn't suspend their kids. With the exception of South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and Florida. The rest of the SEC is slimey as slimey gets. Kudos to Tressel for taking the high road.

:36_11_6:

I have a friend close to the program and the allegations and subsequent suspensions definitely revolve around " mary jane " .........whether it was smoking it or possession, I'm not sure.....but it's definitely weed.

isn't weeed legal at osu?
It was during the Cooper Era....it was the only way players and fans could maintain their sanity and stomach all the wasted talent and gross underachievement. But when "Sweater Vest" arrived and had to endure 1 year with Maurice.....he figured it was about time to start cleaning things up. Now it's only allowed when we lose to Michigan. Needless to say, most have been without pot for a while now. Although, I've recently heard there has been a strong movement to ammend this policy so it would include "getting blown out in National Championship games" as well.

It was during the Cooper Era....it was the only way players and fans could maintain their sanity and stomach all the wasted talent and gross underachievement. But when "Sweater Vest" arrived and had to endure 1 year with Maurice.....he figured it was about time to start cleaning things up. Now it's only allowed when we lose to Michigan. Needless to say, most have been without pot for a while now. Although, I've recently heard there has been a strong movement to ammend this policy so it would include "getting blown out in National Championship games" as well.

:36_11_6:

He will not be allowed to receive the bowl gifts like the FLorida DE (I think) that raised hell in the doughnut shop.

Still up in the air...was a 2nd offense for Clifford and auto suspension...first suspense for DW..

Still not sure he'll play.

Back