2 big plays for Friday

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Beckett allows a lot of baserunners, Colorado lineup too good for that.. Lyles is good but no ace..
7 isn't too much to ask with two solid lineups and beckett is always good for at least 3..

Astros bp is used up.. Oakland hungry after Texas series.. Oakland owns Astros..
Astros no offense, bad defense.. Will fade them all series.. Chavez solid enough to limit damage..
Astros hardly ever score more than 3..

I don't trust beckett.. Those good performances were against lineups not as good as Colorado..

He gave up one run vs Sf but bases were loaded twice that game..
I don't think he'll go more than 5 either.. I think he's still a fraud..

I'll be at this game, cheering for runs.. Lol

I like the reasoning on both plays. I swear though, every time I bet over on a low total, I lose. I think, just guesstimating, I'm about 7-582 betting over 7.5 or less.

Caught an honest 7 and played that over. Good luck. If it loses, I'll just blame my gynecologist.

With you on the As, got spooked by the number at Chavez. I was expecting higher than 7 when I saw the pitchers involved.

Been to any games yet Gyn?

2 bets that were 100% the wrong side and 2 "easy" winners, love it! nice job, continued good luck this season sir

gyno, did you win both bets? Then you had the right sides.

I don't understand how Oakland was wrong side..

Astros bp is horrible and used up.. They won by 7..

Extremely weird passive aggressive comment

I don't understand how Oakland was wrong side..

Astros bp is horrible and used up.. They won by 7..

Extremely weird passive aggressive comment

gyno - i know he pitched poor yesterday but whats your thoughts on Chavez? people here seem to love him but he is 30 and never started before. I have his early start as smoke & mirrors which is why I stayed away from Oakland last night. granted his stats might look good pitching 1/2 games in Oakland but I don't think he is this big breakout candidate like people are takling. please let me know what you see.

generally when a -180 road favorite should be trailing an entire game but catches a bunch of breaks to be tied going into the 9th, it isn't considered to be the right side. but that's solely based on things like reality. wrong sides that win get paid just as much as right sides that win, so not being remotely aggressive. if you capped the astros leaving 2 on 1 out, then bases loaded 1 out, then man on 3rd, then leaving a leadoff double on in the 8th in a tied game for the As to get a chance to explode in the 9th then you were on the right side? maybe? no, just kidding of course, but the winning side is worth far more than anything else in this world, and i sincerely hope you continue to be on far more winning sides.

are you serious?

A's were up 4-0 early, the Astros offense scored 5 runs which is rare. A's had chances to score in previous innings too.

I admit the Rockies over was a total luckbox but the A's wasn't even close to a wrong side. I mean c'mon the A's won by 7 runs, are you senile?

Astros BP has been used up dude.

Seriously I'm down on the season a bit, down about $100 bucks. Was up $300 then went on a spiral this week. I haven't had any breaks, but I know they balance out.

gyno - i know he pitched poor yesterday but whats your thoughts on Chavez? people here seem to love him but he is 30 and never started before. I have his early start as smoke & mirrors which is why I stayed away from Oakland last night. granted his stats might look good pitching 1/2 games in Oakland but I don't think he is this big breakout candidate like people are takling. please let me know what you see.

I think he is a pedestrian pitcher, he's alright. Nothing great. Think if he continues to start he will be a 4 ERA 1.25, 1.3 WHIP type of pitcher.

A's own Astros.

I used Oakland in a couple of parlays. The total? Not sure what you saw. When Colorado plays in division and at night would not see a high scoring game especially playing off a loss. Team is now 9-2 off a loss and take those games seriously. Tonight? Bottom line is playing Oakland is not crazy but listing it as a BIG play might be a little much. BOL

"right side" ... "bad beat" ...

The cries of the loser in his natural habitat.

"right side" ... "bad beat" ...

The cries of the loser in his natural habitat.

Don't be a(n even bigger) moron. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being on the wrong side of the game, especially when it wins. It is not a personal attack or any attack in any way, it's just a simple fact. Winning side is all that matters, and if he was on the right/more equitable side in that game, he would have lost. Get over yourself.

Don't be a(n even bigger) moron. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being on the wrong side of the game, especially when it wins. It is not a personal attack or any attack in any way, it's just a simple fact. Winning side is all that matters, and if he was on the right/more equitable side in that game, he would have lost. Get over yourself.

He won the bet. That was the right side.

Guys, something completely improbable and historic happened last night. More than one run was scored after the game was tied.

And the Asstros couldn't hit with runners in scoring position. Who could cap that?

Gyno even speculated that runs would be scored on the bullpens, I think. Who got charged with the runs, the Easter Bunny? You guys that call an organic baseball game a bad beat amuse me. Extra innings and late runs happen every fucking day, untwist your panties.

Wait, did relief pitchers give up some runs? Cancel everything I said. That almost never happens in baseball.

astros bullpen ERA 5.94
A's bullpen ERA 2.25

If it's 5-5 in the top of the 8th you can be damn sure I'd want Oakland.

If it's 5-5 in the top of the 9th, you can be damn sure you want the home team getting 80 cents...anyways, nothing was meant as any disrespect to gyno. He's a good guy, good capper, I read and enjoy his stuff and am very happy to have him here. Was just responding to tipyer, since he's a known idiot who tries to start shit for no reason and add worthless dribble. Anyways, I'm out, serious BOL rest of the season to you, gyno

Astros almost blew a 4 run 9th inning lead today..

Can't back thus team unless it's ff..

cmon, by that logic you should just blindly bet against them every game...you don't do that, and you won't do that, because you know that's -EV. they were +140 home dogs against a .500 pitcher whose era floats around the 4 mark. yes, they are the worst team in the majors, they don't have a good bullpen, and they will struggle often (and lose far more games than they win). but they still WON today and you got 1.4x your bet for your troubles

If it's 5-5 in the top of the 9th, you can be damn sure you want the home team getting 80 cents...anyways, nothing was meant as any disrespect to gyno. He's a good guy, good capper, I read and enjoy his stuff and am very happy to have him here. Was just responding to tipyer, since he's a known idiot who tries to start shit for no reason and add worthless dribble. Anyways, I'm out, serious BOL rest of the season to you, gyno

Says the guy who enters a thread with two winning bets tucked away, apparently for the express purpose of declaring them lucky. And also to gasp at the sheer wonder of relief pitchers giving up runs.

I didn't say to fade them I just said you can't back them right now..

With these bp issues how could you feel comfortable backing them? They hit. 208 as a team and have no bp...
It's not like the Astros have been huge dogs or anything.. It's coming though..

I'm all about making money with bad teams but this team is something else right now..

yes, this team is awful, no question, but there have been a number of favorable lines with them and they still will generally win somewhere around 40% of their games in the end, so big prices at home are going to have some value from time to time. i will have no problem backing them in many spots.

anyways, i'm not sure why anyone would want to take calling a bet 'lucky' as some kind of personal attack...i'm not suggesting that i'm on the right side 100% or that anyone is. i mean, who is really on the right side 60% of the time? i read the post after the games were over and sort of chuckled at how sweet baseball is that someone can make 2 big bets, end up on the sides with negative equity in both, and come away with 2 winners. that's great and part of what makes sports betting interesting.

i hope you have continued success and thanks for your contributions here

I would say Astros win no more than 35 %of their remaining games.. I actually like a couple of their starters and they have some farm guys but this team will have some 7 game losing streaks no doubt..

Back