$2,745.00

Football_Expert

Moderator of FE Island
This is where FE stands after day 1 of his "$3,000 to $10,000 or $3,000 to bust journey"

Today
Phillies +170 for $50.

:shake:

Not worth trying to get to 10,000 if you're betting $50 a game

Do you know how long that'd take/how big of a streak you'd have to go on?

I view you're picks a lot and you never go through huge losing streaks, I'd suggest hitting around 15% per pick, but thats just me

*And for what its worth, whenever I deposit I put $100 in and do what it takes to get to $1000 (so this is kind of like what you're doing, 3000 to 10000, except on my scale its like 300 to 1000) before I start really gambling (then I do 15% a game)...this seems to be the best method I've used since starting 3 or 4 years ago...I can seemingly get to 500 quick, then I go a bit slower when trying to get to 1000, I'll also throw about 3 parlays together a week for 100 and hope to hit big on one of the 3, tonight I've got Rays ML and Browns ML for instance, 105 to win 1000 even..

Just my thoughts if you feel like reading them FE

^ Tell me how it is Fondy? You know it isn't possible...

I'd be shocked if he got to 4,000 by Christmas at $50 a game, then what is he to do?

I always thought it was assumed 16% a game is the only way to do it if you're using gambling as a means of income/money?

If I'm wrong, please someone let me know...I'm not trying to start arguements in here, I'd really like to get a disscussion going on what's better to do with the 3,000...50 dollar bets, or 15% bets?

I PM'ed Fondy and asked him to come back in, I'm sure he hasn't gotten around to it but hopefully he does...I'll check back in later and see if anyone has any thoughts

I really don't have a finish line in mind Capt. Slap.

The title is fairly meaningless, like most everything I say.

I can't reach $10,000 at $50 a game in a few months. You are correct.

If I reach $10,000 in 2011 on this $3,000 without having to reload, I'd be happy as a pig in shit or as happy as Giant on top of a well endowed man.

Thanks for looking out.

I always thought it was assumed 16% a game is the only way to do it if you're using gambling as a means of income/money?

LMGDMFAOYPAB

Maximum exposure you will see someone making a living doing this is 2% of their overall bankroll.

Give me a break.

If I'm wrong, please someone let me know...I'm not trying to start arguements in here, I'd really like to get a disscussion going on what's better to do with the 3,000...50 dollar bets, or 15% bets?

I PM'ed Fondy and asked him to come back in, I'm sure he hasn't gotten around to it but hopefully he does...I'll check back in later and see if anyone has any thoughts

I don't gamble for a living meaning it's not my only income but right now it's my biggest income and I bet 2.5% per maximum bet (meaning my medium bets are even lower than that).

Up to 5% is understandable.

10% or more is suicide.

So what are you saying, he loses 3 bets and he's down 45% of his bank? That's THREE bets.

Think about it Capt. :shake:

I don't gamble for a living meaning it's not my only income but right now it's my biggest income and I bet 2.5% per maximum bet (meaning my medium bets are even lower than that).

Up to 5% is understandable.

10% or more is suicide.

So what are you saying, he loses 3 bets and he's down 45% of his bank? That's THREE bets.

Think about it Capt. :shake:

Totally agree man. Thats a way to be done with gambling in about a month

I've been fascinated by the specific topic for years and EVERYTHING I've read centers around the same concepts......

Between 2 - 5% on any specific play
No parlays
Few teasers (if any)
5% only on a 10000000-star play

The percentage basis for your wager size is the built in money management technique which keeps your losses down when on the downswing and gets more into play as you build your BR.

I've been fascinated by the specific topic for years and EVERYTHING I've read centers around the same concepts......

Between 2 - 5% on any specific play
No parlays
Few teasers (if any)
5% only on a 10000000-star play

The percentage basis for your wager size is the built in money management technique which keeps your losses down when on the downswing and gets more into play as you build your BR.

2 team parlays are useless but 4-5-6 teamers are great low risk investments IMO . Why play a 2 team parlay for a 2.6 to 1 payout when if you bet them seperately your gonna be +2.0 if you win anyway . So to save some potential risk but also add risk if you split your reward is +.6 of a unit ? Those are sucker plays imo prefer to play a reverse if its just 2 teams because your risk is basically the same as seperate bet but double the payout . 25 wins a 100 and loses usually 60 .

I really don't have a finish line in mind Capt. Slap.

The title is fairly meaningless, like most everything I say.

I can't reach $10,000 at $50 a game in a few months. You are correct.

If I reach $10,000 in 2011 on this $3,000 without having to reload, I'd be happy as a pig in shit or as happy as Giant on top of a well endowed man.

Thanks for looking out.

I'll bet you'd like to mount Matt Stairs right now.

Back