SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Solid start on day 1. I played Cle full well knowing the line was 2 points to high. Not suprisingly it lost ( silly play) but I had the under right. As we learned Gary Payton @ the PG spot leans towards unders. I was glad to see even Magic Johnson noticed that during halftime. Williams is the pace of the offense and w/o him it takes away from Wade and slows them down as Payton is not running the ball up the court like he is(or pooping threes). Having Shaq furthers slows things down. Check Paytons games where he played 24+minutes. Luckily we had some value at halftime. With the late game it was interesting did mostly good and some bad. Every since Pinnacle went bye-bye I have sucked for the most part of 1st H's so no suprise that SA who played last nite rather the Suns off 2 days rest started fast. Had the pace of the game correct except that 6 minute span to start the 2nd scared me into shaving some of my under game play. I was a pussy. It so setup for an over chase by the avg bettor. The Suns were cheap at the half so I pounded them further based on the expectation that I didnt think they could do better then lose by4 and we had them @ -2.5 game.....

Over 211 Philly {6units} -6.60
Over 107.5 1st Half Philly{3units} -3.30

Where does one start with GS? How bout last 5 games they have allowed on avg 62 pts by halftime and 112 for the game(neary 114 away for the season). While shooting and allowing 47 %. The problem with them has been 1 area largely. Three point shooting. They cant hit a three for there life 24% on 19 shots(recent) while allowing 41% on 23 shots. Enter Kyle Korver! They have also gone to the line 36 times and allowed 34 attempts. Philly isnt doing much different scoring and allowing 98 per recently. On the road GS has allowed 48 % FG this season. Recent away games 115 , 124 , 115 , 108 , 128 , 144 , 119 and New Orleans shorthanded had only 89 ! Its safe to say any decent sort of offense nite should produce 110 pts for Philly. In fact only NO twice and Boston with 95 failed to break 104 on GS. I think eleven times allowing 110 or better and 6 of those were 120 or better. Last matchup was 116-97 in GS for the home team. With GS constant struggles it hard to not like Philly here.....

Over 199 Lakers {4units} -4.40

Somewhat similiar arguement here. The Lakers idea of good defense is seeing there opponent score only 98. They allow 105 on the road and score 102. Pacers are playing solid ball but I think this game should be closer to a PK. So might entertain LAL.

Under 193 Boston {4units}+4.00

LAC struggles somewhat offensively on the road. A good showing is in the 95 pt range. The Clipps now playing better smoked Seattle last time out and have handled Boston the last 2meetings. I think Boston tops out at 90 here and LAC will struggle to get to let alone crack 100. For anyone thinking LAC is high check the last meeting in Boston. They were -3.5 and cruised when Pierce played. Its tricky fading the Celts at this point but the Clippers are fairly eaqual to the Lakers in terms of line value. So the spread seems correct....

Cavs -7 {3units} as a hedge Bobcats ML +260 {1unit}+2.00
1st H -4 Cavs {1.5units} +1.50

After the recent slide by Cle they have undershaded Cle here in my opinion and everyone will be looking to ride Charlotte. The Bobcats are GIANT killers no doubt with 11ATS wins on the road and 8 SU(think all +5.5 or higher)! However I dont like the spot. Cleveland will come out strong after fading down the stretch last nite. I had this game at -8.

Cleveland knows full well about Charlotte as they have given them trouble twice no the books took the value out of Char. Bobcats pull some upsets but they also have been undervalued. Think about 5.5 in ATL , 9 in GS , above 10 in LAL and Den. Hard pressed for me to believe that Den and LAL are significantly better then Cle. You have tolove how Gibson has stepped in. I will be cautious about playing the Cavs side incase James is a late scratch. Let see if the LeBron inury pays dividens in the sense that thguys who filled in played well and got into the flow...will it continue. Even though Char is rested theyhave hardly any bench. Adam Morrison who does play better away , Jake the Snake Voskuhl and Jeff McInnis. The latter two have been widly inconsistent..

Hawks +110 {3units}-3.00

Both teams playing better but ATL getting no respect. Also like fading Tor due to the perception Ford is back and they did shoot only 59.3 at home vs Wash...

For as much as ATL has struggled injuries have destroyed them. Lue doesnt get much press but they are 1 game below 500 when he plays. Now with Childress , Josh Smith and Marvin Williams back they are healthy. ATL has taken 2 of three this year and I had this line at -1.5. So simply a value play. ATL 7-4 SU last 11. Total is unbelievable low so low its scary.....

Underdog is 9-1 ATS past in Wolves series. Have this at a PK so lean Wolves with Paul working his way back into the mix.....

Over 192.5 Pistons {2units} Ov 194 {2units}

Bucks cant defend and Det although they have opening nite revenge will be disinterested with game @ Cle on deck. I think everything about these numbers smells of the books telling you FLAT spot here for Det. Pistons off abig win in NJ travel to Cle on Super Bowl Sunday. The Bucks have just been embarrassed by everyone lately including Miami and Orlando. Pistons on offense can choose a number. Worst case is they score 98 best case 110. You can see the Pistons offense evolving 28 dines last game everyone getting involved and getting to the Line....Hell Rasheed was 0-7 and they managed 113.

Magic -3{4units}+4.00
Under 186.5 Orl {2units}-2.20
Magic -1.5 {2units} 1st Half+2.00

Simply continuining my NJ fade. I contend they played over there head for a strecth and now will come back down to Earth...crashing back.

Dont make much of Grant Hill the role player being out. The 3 keys to Orl are Dwight Howard , Turkoglu and Nelson. If you dont believe me well they are 5-1 SU when Hill sits and 4-1-1 ATS. They played teh last meeting in NJ w/o Hill and that was thee loss. Look for Diener and Reddick to see more time. Basically if you watched the game in NJ you saw a tale of two halves. Magic up 10 or 12 at half and NJ outscoring them by 17 or 19 in the 2nd H. Had this line @-3.5 and lets not forget about NJ away struggles. I think Howard gets his revenge from last meeting as they really dont have anyone to neutralie him that game was jsut one of those days

"A win like this helps your mental health a great deal and that goes for everybody, players and coaches alike," Magic coach Brian Hill said. "You can relax a little more and it makes coming to the gym a lot easier"

The Nets have played like 5 straight overs and the last meeting we saw a 180 total...nows its 186.5 in ORL......UNDER

Over 199 Portland {3units}not sure why it crashed
Not a big advocate of playing Port away but I had this at closer to 8 or 8.5. Unless AI plays. Have this worst case 200 pts 105-95 . You saw the 2nd H open up in Portland the other nite. I dont think its hard to believe Denver is going to be around that 110 mark at home especailly off a few losses. Outside of Houston the Blazers have shown they can score on the road now that Roy is healthy again and they should add Outlaw tonite

GL

Last edited:
Hawks +110 {4units}

Both teams playing better but ATL getting no respect. Also like fading Tor due to the perception Ford is back and they did shoot only 59.3 at home vs Wash...

For as much as ATL has struggled injuries have destroyed them. Lue doesnt get much press but they are 1 game below 500 when he plays. Now with Childress , Josh Smith and Marvin Williams back they are healthy. ATL has taken 2 of three this year and I had this line at -1.5. So simply a value play. ATL 7-4 SU last 11. Total is unbelievable low so low its scary.....

Going to have go against you on the ATL play even though I totally agree with you on the total.

Here is my argument for playing the Raptors:

(1) In terms of the line, Raps are 5-1 ATS as favorites in the 1-2.5 range. ATL is 0-2 as dogs in this same range.

(2) Wary of ATL's recent winning ways: Teams like GS, ORL (X2) and BOS are not even close to the level of basketball the Raptors are playing right now. I think Orlando is a good team, but they were in a terrible tailspin at the time they lost B2B's against ATL. What can you say? Sometimes teams play down to their competitition, just ask the Lakers about the Bobcats.

(3) Anthony Parker/Garbajosa: I don't know if you ever take into account a players +/- rating, but if you do, Anthony Parker has the second highest rating on the Raps right now (Bosh is #1 of course). Parker has no question excelled defensively this season, but he is now also gaining confidence on the offensive end. Joe Johnson might have been able to go off for 33 against the Warriors, but there is no way Parker will allow this to occur. I also respect the defensive game of Garbo, and I feel that he will be able to contain Williams on the offensive end.

(4) Who is going to contain Bosh? If we see the Bosh we saw against Washington instead of the Bosh we saw for most of the game against NO, the Hawks are going to be in for a long night.

(5) No Ford, no problem: Ford will likely come off the bench to spell Jose for maybe 10-15 minutes like he did against Washington. I may get flack for this but I think Calderon will be able to contain Lue much better than a healthy Ford. Ford is excellent on the offensive end, no doubt. But I give the defensive edge to Jose.

If Toronto -1 loses, the reason I will lose is because I underestimated the effectiveness of a healthy ATL team and I accept that. However, I feel that Toronto has the offensive/defensive weapons to keep ATL on their heels. Could Toronto come out flat? Its possible, but I think the team is enjoying being a game ahead of NJ and would prefer to keep it that way.

Another play I am looking at is Seattle, no trust in Chi on the road as a fav, but I still want to look at it some more. GL

Excellent post...I am sort of backwards so I will respond backward...

-Cant say I disagree with the Ford comments. I guess my point was I feel he is being priced into the line despite not being 100%. I do agree his role will be limited.

-Bosh...do I so agree!!! My only counter point is on paper a true mismatch. Outside of the last meeting though he didnt do much 2 of 9 and 7 of 16 in the 1st two meetings this year. So hile it scares me I am gonna have that he wont go 15-17.

- Actually I dont take into account plares +/- cause I have never sen them listed but would be interested in the future. if JJ gets 33 it wouldnt be in the same easy fashion as he did vs GSW. I think part of ATLs resurgence lately is the fact they are getting 4,5 guys in double figures now and not looking at just Joe. Garbo will relegate Williams to alot of jump shots probably so its either hit or miss with him...

- I think it goes both ways though. Raps are more consistent and really a tough win at home where ATL is just all over the map. They seem to be ateam that plays well against only certain teams and have a solid history vs ATL. You get the feel its a LOSS when you travel to tor and not the same fel in ATL. However that is hwy they are small favs on the road.

- I was cautioned by the fact Tor went into philly and as -1 and won easily where as ATL hosted Philly as -4.5 and lost. I do think and pointed out this the other day ATL fades after big SU wins. So that Philly game was a letdown spot and it has happened after a few big road wins were they return home.

Bottomline is you present a good arguement so I shaved a unit off my play. Really its as you say are we overestimating or underestimating a healthy ATL. I think we kknow what to expect from TOR its the ATL unknown variable that is interesting. good Luck!

I am out for the rest of the evening.....playing Hoops myself in Brooklyn....

NCAAB :
Over 145.5 Manhattan {5units}
Over 136 UPenn {3units}
Over 144 Harvard {2unit}

> I think if you look at these teams involved and the situations / locations combined with series history there should be some points scored in these games. They are either very square ideas by me which could be after last nite or the betting public not catching onto these programs yet.....

I'm on the other side of your Magic bet, details in my thread.
I like several of your plays, namely the over in Philly and Hawks ML.

Good luck SportsNut :cheers:

Have left the scene for a while, not quite by choice though. I must say I like the Orlando play. I haven't investigated much but I have enjoyed fading the Nets this year as well. Good Luck.

Thanks all. Had a change in plans and will be around tonite. Made 5 adjustments to my orinal post. Had Cle -7 from 4 units to 3 and 1st H three units to 1.5 units. Added 2 more units on Orl 1st H and played the under. Reduced ATL to 3 units from 4 and added on 2 more units to the Det over.....

Thanks Rufus , cake , Believe , Satyr and MX Good Luck! Nice to see ya MX as well and Satyr I will read your post

Thanks Driver . BOL bro

Told you guys I stink with 1st Half plays lately. 37 1st Q points in Philly...

Went Under 93.5 1st H Minnesota {2units}+2.00

Last edited:
Add:

Bucks +11.5 {2units} ML +460 {1/4u}

2nd H:
Over 104.5 -110 GSW {3units}+3.00

It has to be worth a shot after a disgusting 1st quarter....dont laugh on the way home the score of 98-94 Philly popped into myhead for this game lets seeif it holds up......Hopefully I dont have any hidden Nostradamus abilities

Last edited:
2nd H :
LAC -2 {3units}+3.00
Under 92.5 Tor {2units} +2.00

Down 17 at half I think the Hawks dont have much of chance of coming back here and Raps put the clamps on. A team like ATL will settle for alot of jumpers and it will be hit otr miss for them...

With the Clipper I was close to laying the price all day and -7 is about the same anyway. The Celts just have issues...even with LAC 2nd H issues I will chase them here.

Last edited:
I thought about my many speeches today. I have mental debates with myself at times...todays topic was ML dogs....

Basically I came to the same conclusion that I have always had...shocking...Seriously though it was that the best way to have success with this system is look at the most unattractive dogs who are big . Then look at the line and ask is it a good line or are they making you overpay for the fav just cause the dog stinks and the fav has perception value....

Today I came up with 2 attractive but unattractive to the logical man...

Bucks ML & Blazers ML.....Gonna to start taking this into consideration more in the future....

2nd H :

Bobcats -1.5 {1unit}-1.10

Really a middle attempt but after the recent play of both its proceeding with caution. Basically last time these teams met in Cle jumped out and folded late so I am keeping that in mind..

Last edited:
Tale of 2 shooting performances in Boston. I think both even out and Boston covers the original game line. 1H was pretty back n forth. LAC would get up 6 or 7 then BOS would storm back. I think it'll be close all half.

nut whats your take on the sonics +3/ML +125? sonics have revenge here, have dominated this series since MJ retired, and you have to love a home dog on national tv that nobody is betting ... right?

Still looking at the late one . I'll be back though....

With Boston yeah lets see how they close the fourth though...GL

add:
Blazers +9.5 {2units} +400 {1/4unit}

The more I look at the late game the more I think just stay away. I have seen alot of Sea last 5 and they simply are not playing well. They lucked out to beat Minny by 2 cause they scored like the last 7 points. Chi continues to get spreads that show reflect there home performance more then there road performance. I just dont think Sea has a home court edge anymore......Bulls and LAC remind me of eachother and SEA got smoked by the Clipps...might go over..??

2nd H:
Over 95 -115 Pistons {3units}

I am out for the rest of the evening.....playing Hoops myself in Brooklyn....

NCAAB :
Over 145.5 Manhattan {5units}Win +5.00
Over 136 UPenn {3units}Win +3.00
Over 144 Harvard {2unit} Win +2.00

> I think if you look at these teams involved and the situations / locations combined with series history there should be some points scored in these games. They are either very square ideas by me which could be after last nite or the betting public not catching onto these programs yet.....

Have a few more nites like this in CBB and I can make up for Thursday! 3-0 +10.00 is a start though

SN I like the UNDER. Don't you think an under wager favors the Bulls. Seattle will want to speed the game up. Skiles is a brilliant coach and will slow the pace. He also has a lot of long athletes to throw at Allen.

Dont have any idea. Would be very nice for any under play but it does lessen my choice. I just want to waittill halftime to see how it starts. Sea starts fast alot and I want to see if I can get something I can pound. So I like Chi here just waiting for once

2nd H
Over 97.5 Port{3units}

2nd H

Bulls -2 {2units}

Gonna take a shot as Chi ran into the half with momentum and Seattle probably wont duplicate ths FG %....thank you Brandon Roy for OT

3's r keepin bulls in game here...not sure they can keep that pace up

sea seems to be on and go figure, sea out boarding them as well

Congrats on your plays tonight, Cle and Orl definitely came through in a big way for you tonight. Also went with the Bulls 2H, the momentum in the last few minutes of the 1H was too much to ignore

Thanks affinity. Good call with Toronto I guess the question with the ATL was answered. I chickened out on that Bulls idea(just 2u} for some reason. I was hoping they were down 7 ish....lets hope it works out.

In FeB:
Sides/ Totals 8-7 {-3.80}
1st Half : 3-3 {-1.10}
2nd Half :9-2 +25.60

Have to love being VIGGED to death....

Sides & totals : 6-6 -7.40

Over 211 Philly {6units} -6.60
Over 199 Lakers {4units} -4.40
Under 193 Boston {4units} +4.00
Cavs -7 {3units} as a hedge Bobcats ML +260 {1unit} +2.00
Hawks +110 {3units} -3.00
Over 192.5 Pistons {2units} Ov 194 {2units} -4.40
Magic -3{4units} +4.00
Under 186.5 Orl {2units} -2.20
Over 199 Portland {3units} +3.00
Bucks +11.5 {2units} ML +460 {1/4u} +1.75
Blazers +9.5 {2units} +400 {1/4unit} +1.75
Under 201 Bulls {3units} -3.30

3-1 +2.20 1st H
Under 93.5 1st H Minnesota {2units}+2.00
Over 107.5 1st Half Philly{3units} -3.30
1st H -4 Cavs {1.5units} +1.50
Magic -1.5 {2units} 1st Half+2.00

2nd H : 6-1 +14.90
Bulls -2 {2units} +2.00
Over 97.5 Port{3units} +3.00
Over 95 -115 Pistons {3units} +3.00
Bobcats -1.5 {1unit}-1.10
LAC -2 {3units}+3.00
Under 92.5 Tor {2units} +2.00
Over 104.5 -110 GSW {3units}+3.00

NCAAB : 3-0 +10.00
Over 145.5 Manhattan {5units} W
Over 136 UPenn {3units} W
Over 144 Harvard {2unit} W

Last edited:
To bad I didnt pound Chi like I said I was if they were trailing. Hell how smart would have I looked if I went Sea 1st H and Chi 2nd H? Very? Sucks switching positions and going from Over to under last minute sometimes it works though

Good Nite

Orlando committed murder last night!!! Damn do I wish I was on that play, too bad for lack of getting funds into my account, watched the game at the bar and the expected occured. Nice play!

Back