1st Quarter totals

Tito

The Salty Dog
I've always liked 1q plays in the nba, it's a quick result and you can generally avoid the fuckery that usually goes on in the nba. I also wondered if they weren't as careful with the lines, w the possibility of finding weak spots.

So far I've hit 3 out of 4 of these, of course I won't keep up that rate, but maybe something...

Tonight - The Jazz and Mavs play with a 1q total of 53.5 seems way too low to me. The Jazz don't have amazing 1q #'s, but they've avg'd 29.7 last 3 and Dallas is top 10 in pts allowed in 1q at home. Mavs themselves have been avg'ing 32 last 3 and 29 at home for the season. Just seems off to me, maybe w the rep Utah has and Luka out? They have the same 1q total as Spurs/Nuggs, and they actually have some 1q #'s to support that #.

Over 53.5 1q in Dallas

Like I mentioned, I look for apparent weak spots with these lines, which I think the Dallas game is. I'm also playing the 1st Q Over 59 in Toronto. Numbers look good for it, but it's not exactly a great line. Still playing it for half the dallas play.

Great call. I had a similar thing with a Utah Portland game two matchups ago. The HT line was just 'off'... Good work, looking fwd to more.

Ty Bar!

Going back to the well with the Jazz again. L3 they have avg'd just shy of 30 and Miami is just above 29 for 1q. L last 5 Jazz have given up 30.5 per 1q. Not a mistake line or anything, i thought it would be set at 57.

Over 55.5 1q in Utah

Also playing the Over in Memphis. Both teams in the top 10 in pts allowed for at home (memphis) and away for portalnd. Blazers going off in L5 - 33.4 and L3 - 37.3. And L5 for Blazers they are also giving up 33 in 1q. Its exactly where I had it, but I still like it to go over.

Over 60 1q in Memphis

Lean to Laker 1q over, don't have time to look now. Hopefully after I'm back from coaching 2 diff of my kids b-ball teams. Ready for the youth season to be over, freakin exhausting.

Shit, sorry Jimbo...was not my night. I blame it on the fact that it was the night before the break.
Such a tough night to cap. Heck, this whole week and coming back next week is no picnic either. I'm basically taking the rest of the month off.

Such a tough night to cap. Heck, this whole week and coming back next week is no picnic either. I'm basically taking the rest of the month off.

Yeah, I think you're right. Going to read up on fantasy baseball prep...that said, I'm still looking at the 2 games tonight, ahahaha

Shit, sorry Jimbo...was not my night. I blame it on the fact that it was the night before the break.

No worries bud. You’ll get em back. Both seemed like they had their chance, just didn’t work out. How it is sometimes
GL

Going to play the Under in New Orleans....obviously NO isn't interested in much D, but OKC has some of the lowest away #'s for 1Q. I think this is set too high. Scary playing NO Under...

Under 59.5 1q in New Orleans

Went 3-1 last 2 days w these, so figured I post now that i got the winners out of the way....

Knicks/Rockets - UNDER 58.5 - Knicks on extended rest generally have come out sluggish in the 1Q. Not to mention, both teams have solid defensive #'s in the 1Q this season. I like it.

Still looking...

also a strong lean to the over in Clev 1Q 58. Heat really score in 1q, home or away. Cavs don't defense too well in 1q.

also a strong lean to the over in Clev 1Q 58. Heat really score in 1q, home or away. Cavs don't defense too well in 1q.

dont know off hand and too lazy to look it up but 2 nights ago I remember it being very high scoring. Without butler

So far tonight I have:

Philly/Cavs Over 56...

lean to Mavs 1q (-1), but no time to look right now.**edit** - nor mind the Mavs. Spurs last 2 back from rodeo trip have done fine in 1q. Despite #'s, Spurs not great in 1q.

Last edited:
Adding:

T-Wolves/Heat Over 59.5 - like this one a lot. Wolves have no interest in D right now. Last 3 on the road the 1st q's have been: 68, 81, & 76.
L5 Wolves have allowed avg of 35 pts in 1Q. Playing this one x2.

Adding:

T-Wolves/Heat Over 59.5 - like this one a lot. Wolves have no interest in D right now. Last 3 on the road the 1st q's have been: 68, 81, & 76.
L5 Wolves have allowed avg of 35 pts in 1Q. Playing this one x2.

I’ll play along

Also for the Cavs play Drummond is out. Should help ya a little bit

Back