1st Period Overs

Zeke

Big Dick and Average Size Boat
I know there have been other threads about this, some for specific teams, some for unders, etc.

Specific teams hitting at a high clip, even more so when they face off against each other. TB has been hit or miss on this lately, once on fire, but got there last night despite me taking a stab at the under.

Heard on VSIN this morning that when ta certain six teams play one another, they are 55-6 to the first period over. That's a 90% clip & we are what 2/3 through the season so this is not a fluke at this point. The juice on these climbs quickly. I just got PIT/NJ at -155 (helps being on east coast) which I expect to be over -200 by game time. Assuming an average of -180 this would be a return of $4,420 on $100 to win plays. Heard some guy "Sharpbettor" or something on Twitter is going contrarian betting 10-15 K on unders waiting for the regression. He's now down over 200K.

This model works when the following teams play one another:

TB
NJ
CBJ
PIT
SJ
CHI

If you like unders Dallas has been a bet-on team. I haven't followed their 1st P but for the games they have been hitting.

You can circle the Blackhawks. That team is an over machine. Beyond 1st periods...last night 8-7 and easily could've been 20 goals. Saturday vs. Columbus, no goals the first 11 minutes but at least 5 outstanding scoring chances....last 9 minutes there were 4 goals and CBJ lead 3-1 after 1.

The sport is just awesome to watch and still so under the radar.

If you've got a site like Bovada with an outstanding live platform, if you are trying to avoid laying juice, these games are dealt live and on Sunday for example with Florida/Montreal (no Carey Price), at 3:30 in I got 1P o1.5 at even money. think that game was like -170/-185 before the game.

The rule changes opening up the ice and the reduced goalie equipment sizes have just made the sport an absolutely awesome watch.

Hit a 5-team RR a few weeks back playing just 1P overs on a Saturday night after wifey went to bed. 5-0 and not a sweat in a one of them.

Zeke, dead on though...get on these early if you play them...juice gets silly.

5-teamer, that's impressive.

It is such a great sport to watch, agreed. Once playoff time rolls around nothing compares although some will argue March Madness.

I'm usually in bed early so the live betting isn't always an option, just try to get them in early. The great thing about these is on work nights you have a wager that last only 45-50 minutes & if televised entertaining as all hell. Plus even with a minute left you're never out of it.

Even if you get on it late, like Pauly said on VSIN this morning "People who complain about laying -220 on a bet that's tracking 90% are the same ones who will cut in line to lay that kind of money on a starting pitcher."

At 7:45 this morning I laid -155 on Pitt/NJ. At 9:15 it was -190!

VSIN seriously underrated...just really started paying attention to them the last few weeks/month or so but the information they have is absolutely awesome.

That 1st period over is going to close probably around 220/225, Zeke.

I admit that I loved the cross-checking and the Devils' style neutral zone trap style of the 90s and was very late to the party to realizing how the rules changes have helped the game. They not only have helped the game, they have made the game more exciting than ever.

I find myself watching way more hockey now in the regular season...and come playoffs, forget about it. The SC playoffs are simply amazing. Hockey players want to win like no other athletes, cannot wait as usual for that 2-month stretch.

VSIN is great. I listen to that & NHL radio almost exclusively on my two hours of commuting. Mitch & Pauly starting at 7 AM have great trends in all sports but they turned me on to these unders.

I recall seeing totals of 4.5 as the norm in that NJ/ANA final series (early 2000's I believe). Now seeing 5.5 is a rarity & 6 is the norm.

Back