12 team draft opinion

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
QB, WR/WR/WR, RB/RB, TE, W/T/R, K, DEF. 7 BN.

.25 per rush attempt, 1 ppr, rest is standrad

qb- Rodgers

wr- Amendola
wr- Bowe
wr- Nicks

rb- Foster
rb- Ridley

te- Rudolph (2 picks away from witten :()

flex- Bernard

k- Bironas
def- Seattle

bench
Stafford
B. Brown
B. Tate
A. Dobson
J. Cook
J. Edelman
Detroit

Obviously dont like my flex yet, really mad at myself for missing dwyer, was picked superrr late in my draft and some how it escaped my sheet/eyes.....

thoughts?

12 teams? Agree with Jump, loaded. I'd say this team is loaded in a 10 team league. I'd really like to see every round in the draft of this one, just to see what the other guys were doing.

How did you get Foster and Rodgers? Keeper league?

Funny you mention Rodgers, ljc... I got Rodgers with the 35th pick in the CTG2 league last night.

(totally threw off my strategy of getting Vick late, but, simply could not pass on Rodgers in the 4th round)

Funny you mention Rodgers, ljc... I got Rodgers with the 35th pick in the CTG2 league last night.

(totally threw off my strategy of getting Vick late, but, simply could not pass on Rodgers in the 4th round)

4th round? Wow it's hard to believe he'd fall that far.

4th round? Wow it's hard to believe he'd fall that far.

Yup, hard to pass up there... Jump just posted our draft results in the league thread.

Arian went 9th too...with his injury concerns, Yahoo rankings moved him from #2 to #8.

Yup, hard to pass up there... Jump just posted our draft results in the league thread.

Arian went 9th too...with his injury concerns, Yahoo rankings moved him from #2 to #8.

I took Richardson ahead of him....not touching Foster this year.

I had the 5th pick, and ya, you guys are exactly right, there were a couple silly picks in the early rounds, brees was the 3rd overall pick, and the next qb to go was me with rodgers in the 3rd, lol. After that I grabbed my 3 wr's in a row, and i thought I needed my solid flex spot, but stafford was still around in the 7th with only 2 teams left without a qb (eli was picked before, giant fans.....) figured I'll atleast have him for trade bait

I had the 5th pick, and ya, you guys are exactly right, there were a couple silly picks in the early rounds, brees was the 3rd overall pick, and the next qb to go was me with rodgers in the 3rd, lol. After that I grabbed my 3 wr's in a row, and i thought I needed my solid flex spot, but stafford was still around in the 7th with only 2 teams left without a qb (eli was picked before, giant fans.....) figured I'll atleast have him for trade bait

Nice work...and good thinking with Staff so late, could be valuable trade bait. I did the same thing with Vick, still got him where I wanted him even though I already had Rodgers. Depending on how things go, hopefully can trade either Rodgers or Vick at some point.

looks great.

sure you can find a WR to fill in if Nicks gets hurt and dobson or edelman dont step up. thats the only weakness I could see.

A WR in Rd 7 would've done a lot better than stafford rotting on your bench but looks like you got some good value given the settings. Nice work.

None of this draft makes sense...

you had rogers and you wasted a decent pick on stafford?

Witten comes off the board and you decide to take Rudolph two picks later? The gap is close to 15 picks in the avg. ADP...

You wasted a decent pick on Seattle too....drafting defenses make very little sense to me...for example? I drafted Seattle with my last pick in a few drafts last season...

You managed a lot of strong players early and wasted a nice head start late...I don't see how Rogers fell to the 4th...I dont see how Foster/Ridley/Ammendola/Rogers/Bowe all fell to one player in a 12 team league....

bizarre league

Witten comes off the board and you decide to take Rudolph two picks later? The gap is close to 15 picks in the avg. ADP...

You wasted a decent pick on Seattle too....drafting defenses make very little sense to me...for example? I drafted Seattle with my last pick in a few drafts last season...

You managed a lot of strong players early and wasted a nice head start late...I don't see how Rogers fell to the 4th...I dont see how Foster/Ridley/Ammendola/Rogers/Bowe all fell to one player in a 12 team league....

bizarre league

I brought up a point about defenses before and didn't get much of a response. In my league, defenses score more points than every other position outside of QBs. Maybe this league is the same way?

Defenses start going off the board around the 5th/6th round in our league, as again, they score so many damn points. I realize that it's different than most other leagues, but are there any other guys on here that have defenses that score that much?

Here's a bit of what I posted in OM's thread about his team...

Last year, for instance, the Bears defense scored 273 points and the Broncos scored 272 points. There were then 8 other defenses that scored more than 200 points for the season (Seahawks, 49ers, Steelers, Bengals, Texans, Chargers, Rams, Pats).

Comparing that to QB/RB/WR, the top guy in the league (Arian Foster) scored 265 points, and only 10 other players scored 200+ points (Martin, Lynch, Rice, Marshall, Bryant, Charles, Green, Ridley, D. Thomas, Richardson). Guys start drafting defenses in our league right about the 5th or 6th round, and with good reason, seeing as how they score so many points.

I brought up a point about defenses before and didn't get much of a response. In my league, defenses score more points than every other position outside of QBs. Maybe this league is the same way?

Defenses start going off the board around the 5th/6th round in our league, as again, they score so many damn points. I realize that it's different than most other leagues, but are there any other guys on here that have defenses that score that much?

Last year, for instance, the Bears defense scored 273 points and the Broncos scored 272 points. There were then 8 other defenses that scored more than 200 points for the season (Seahawks, 49ers, Steelers, Bengals, Texans, Chargers, Rams, Pats).

Comparing that to QB/RB/WR, the top guy in the league (Arian Foster) scored 265 points, and only 10 other players scored 200+ points (Martin, Lynch, Rice, Marshall, Bryant, Charles, Green, Ridley, D. Thomas, Richardson). Guys start drafting defenses in our league right about the 5th or 6th round, and with good reason, seeing as how they score so many points.

Defenses can score a lot of points but the delta between the expected and the actual production predraft and post season is HUGE...

You draft Ray Rice, and you know unless he's hurt you're going to get a floor or 1000 yards rushing, 300 receiving, 8 all purpose TDs....

you can draft the best defense in the league going into the season and have dropped them in week 8....or you can pick up a team off the wire in week 4 and have them rank #1 for the season....

Take a look at the top defenses every season and see what number they were drafted.... the climb is 100x more significant then it is in any other position

That point proves nothing...if they all score more pts, it doesn't make them more valuable.....the pts values are the same for all defenses...it doesn't make them any more valuable...u just said 10 defenses scored 200 or more....there's no urgency to get one early

That point proves nothing...if they all score more pts, it doesn't make them more valuable.....the pts values are the same for all defenses...it doesn't make them any more valuable...u just said 10 defenses scored 200 or more....there's no urgency to get one early

2 of the 10 scored over 270 points though. There are a few elite defenses that score more than others, but I generally agree with you that there are enough good ones to go around. I'm not the one who takes the defense first, but once the run starts, everyone seems to grab one.

I was also saying that it makes defenses in our league more valuable than it does it the vast majority of other leagues. When you are taking a defense in the 5th/6th/7th round, that defense will outperform any WR or RB who is still on the board, usually by a lot.

total points is irrelevant, it's the net difference per position you should be concerned with

a defense you can take in round 12 will probably outperform the WR or RB as well

by your logic, QBs and D's should go in rounds 1 and 2 because they score more points

Defenses can score a lot of points but the delta between the expected and the actual production predraft and post season is HUGE...

You draft Ray Rice, and you know unless he's hurt you're going to get a floor or 1000 yards rushing, 300 receiving, 8 all purpose TDs....

you can draft the best defense in the league going into the season and have dropped them in week 8....or you can pick up a team off the wire in week 4 and have them rank #1 for the season....

Take a look at the top defenses every season and see what number they were drafted.... the climb is 100x more significant then it is in any other position

Good point on the defenses that don't always pan out, but it is also possible to draft a defense thinking/knowing they will be good, and they turn out to be as good as you had expected. The 49ers defense last year would be a good example, as they finished with 227 points and practically carried my team with Brady for the first few weeks of the season.

Actually, last year was a pretty good example of many of the top thought of defenses at the draft performing pretty damn close to expectations. Denver, Seattle, SF, and Pitt were probably 4 of the first 5 or 6 defenses off of the board...and they all finished in the top 5 with Chicago being the other top 5 team. I can't remember if Chicago's defense was that high on the ranking for defenses heading into last year's draft.

total points is irrelevant, it's the net difference per position you should be concerned with

a defense you can take in round 12 will probably outperform the WR or RB as well

by your logic, QBs and D's should go in rounds 1 and 2 because they score more points

It probably would, but it wouldn't perform as high as the better defenses taken earlier in the draft. Ah well, we each have our own strategies, and for this league I'm in, it makes sense to take a defense right around when they start going.

You could also say the same thing for a WR or RB you draft in the 12th round vs a WR or RB you take in the 7th/8th round....they will probably outperform them, or do on many occasions. After the first few rounds of a fantasy draft, it's pretty much a crap shoot. Guys come out of nowhere every single year to outperform what the "experts" say they will before the draft. Fantasy leagues are won in the 6th round (or so) and later, not in the first few rounds. Most teams will get the same number of "studs" who will perform as expected, for the most part.

bizarre league

I didn't, he was two picks away from me eearlier in the draft, and I passed, ended up getting rudolph later, just said I was close,

and I got rodgers in the 3rd, not 4th

I thought I had a strong team, and I saw roughly 11 qb's gone with stafford left..... with 2 teams without a qb, and I thought it was time to strike, figured I also had the best of the best thus far, and might as well grab what I see to be a top 5 defense regardless

Back