12/9/08 Tuesday NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
103-76 (57.6%) +18.95 Units
1-1 Last night -0.10 Units

Well I'm hoping the short dip is over after the 18-7 run. I'd be more than happy to take a 3-4 over two nights if that's the drop I was worried about. I won't be around until Friday as I'm leaving town for business. May or not play anything while I'm out of town, but if I do it'll be posted via the crackberry and I'm not one to type a ton of shit on those things so don't expect any discussion from me. Have one that I really like for Thursday, but Killa got me worried that the line is going to be crazy. We'll see. Off to the races for Tuesday...

Hawks +6.5 -- Ya I'm not very happy they lost to the Grizzlies last night. Still play was made more on my high opinion of the Hawks more than anything else. Think it'll be a one possession game. Agree with BC about the under and I'm going to try and play it depending on the #. Sure the line won't be released until tomorrow late morning when Artest's status is known.

Orlando/Portland Under 187-- Didn't get it in before they took it down tonight, but hopefully it'll be up sometime tonight and I'll update the thread. Expecting a grinder of a game in this one.

Do like the Suns over a bit, but out of dogs, favs, overs and under the overs are the only thing I'm not positive on the year with so I'm trying to be a bit more selective.

Knicks/Bulls Over 213--Going to post what I put in the discussion thread as far as my thoughts on why I like the over. I know Tuck likes the under so I'll be interested in seeing his exact thoughts.

Last 3 meetings vs. Phoenix for the Bulls which does mean a bit more:

165 total points, 173 shots, 31 FT's, and 34 TO's. Teams shot 38% and Luol Deng and Bend Gordon missed it.

214 points, 173 shots, 51 FT's, and 29 TO's. Teams shot 46%.

219 points, 167 shots, 73 FT's, and 41 TO's. Teams shot 45%.

A ton of possessions. My point is the Bulls have had no problem in past years running with Dantoni teams and when you add in Derrick Rose it only increases that. They aren't the 5th fastest paced team for no reason.

Looking at the Knicks L10 games they have actually gone over this # three times as you missed Cleveland. They were one point shy of 213 @BOS and had they shown up @DET or @CLE they both would have cleared this # as well. I personally think the fact that they have gone under 4 straight creates the value in this play.

Home versus Detroit was just a weird game where they scored 65 in the 1st half but Detroit couldn't get anything going so the Knicks rested on their lead. If the Pistons and their terrible Sunday shooting had shown up in the 1st quarter that total would look awfully different. Still Knicks shot 47%, but were limited to 75 shots.

@ATL I give credit to the Hawks for playing defense like they did previous to Josh Smith's injury. Also the same reason I played the Hawks @DAL and tomorrow @HOU. Still Knicks with only 6 FT attempts and 17 TO's.

@CLE Nobody is scoring on Cleveland lately and the Knicks stunk up the joint. Pace was pretty good (especially considering the score) though as they combined for 168 shots, 40 FT's, and 42 TO's.

@POR Last game of Portland's 8 game under run. They got to 201 with about 30 less possessions than I expect to see in the Knicks/Bulls game. Neither team shot very good (44 and 41) but hit 21 3's and 36 FT's. Poor pace as it involved the Blazers, but still a decent amount of points.

GSW A flat out track meet. 263 points, 206 shots, 53 FT's, and 32 TO's.

The Knicks just need an opponent that will run with them as they aren't good enough to impose their will on another team. The Bulls at home will certainly play along. The best comparison for this one for the Bulls is the game vs. Indy on 11/15. They aren't quite as quick as the Knicks, but it will have to do. The scored 195 points but they also had 187 shots (shot 37% and 39%), 48 Ft's, and 28 TO's. That's only 24 less possessions than the Knicks/Warriors game that totaled 263 points and about a dozen more possessions than what the Bulls/Suns averaged last year in games that topped 214.

I don't know if any of that makes sense or if anybody will actually read it, but it further solidifies my feelings on the over. If the teams combine to hit 43% from the field this one will go over imo.

Detroit -4.5 -- If BAR and Tuck like it, I like it.

Last edited:
Lean those on the totals as well. Actually ORL under was the 1st play that caught my eye. Good Luck . I am to lazy to make to decisions until gameday..:shake:

Not accurate yet to say I like it under. It would be accurate to say I am HOPING I like it under because I really like to bet with the book in these situations. Would say that the 219 you list probably should not be considered a good example of anything. In any case the message that you should have received was that because you like a game over between the Knicks and the Bulls does not mean that you should like it when the Knicks play the Nets the next day. That is a huge variable that none of you pay any attention to. GL

Not accurate yet to say I like it under. It would be accurate to say I am HOPING I like it under because I really like to bet with the book in these situations. Would say that the 219 you list probably should not be considered a good example of anything. In any case the message that you should have received was that because you like a game over between the Knicks and the Bulls does not mean that you should like it when the Knicks play the Nets the next day. That is a huge variable that none of you pay any attention to. GL

Please explain why you think the Nets game the next day is of pertinence. The Knicks hav much more motivation beating Chicago then NJ. Im sure Dantoni and Duhon will go al out tonight being as the Bulls and chicago media bashed both for different reasons. The Nets game is basically like a home game always has been.

Mokey, its an in city rivalry where since Kidd arrived the Nets OWNED the Knicks for a long, long time. Knicks finally won on a night Kidd had a ownership induced headache and did not play. There is NO team that the Knicks are more concious of than the Nets. This will take 2 or 3 more years to fade away if it ever does.

Mokey, its an in city rivalry where since Kidd arrived the Nets OWNED the Knicks for a long, long time. Knicks finally won on a night Kidd had a ownership induced headache and did not play. There is NO team that the Knicks are more concious of than the Nets. This will take 2 or 3 more years to fade away if it ever does.

Tuck I have been a Knicks fan since 1991 your not telling me anything I dont know. Kidd and RJ being gone takes the air out the rivalry and tensions between the two. Sh1t Tim Thomas was the recipient of a flagrent by Kenyon last time these two faced eachother in the playoffs. All Im sayin is that these knicks wouldnt be looking ahead to the Nets because its not the same and the Bulls are the team dantoni turned down. Duhon is having his best seasn after sitting on the bench for years. Q Rich returning home to chicago etc.. Those factors to me make the Bulls game more improtant then the silly Nets who play 10 mins away from MSG. Who is left from the Knicks-Nets rivalry?

Richardson, Robinson and Lee to start and it is still in city. That means competition for the same customers and that angle never goes away. GL

lol@competiton have you ever been to the izod center? Its the worse arena in the NBA. old scoreboards bad seats terrible food. Its in the middle of nowhere and only accessible by car and they never sell out. Its so bad they sell tickets for 5 dollars. Knicks fans go there when they want to watch the Knicks for cheap so it will be a home game tommrow for NYK

Mokey! You actually Think I have Ever been to a basketball game? Hot Tub and a book is my hangout. GL:cheers:

Have now valiantly fired out .5 a unit on Chicago under 216. If this movement does not stop I might lose control and fire off a Whole unit.. GL

Leave #'s and trends for the Bulls game at the door. It's about matchups and this game should get over 214 with EASE. If both teams can shoot 40% don't even check the final score. Just count your cash.

No value in taking the Knicks at this #, it re-affirms that this game will be a shoot out with the spread being 4 possessions.

103-76 (57.6%) +18.95 Units
1-1 Last night -0.10 Units

Well I'm hoping the short dip is over after the 18-7 run. I'd be more than happy to take a 3-4 over two nights if that's the drop I was worried about. I won't be around until Friday as I'm leaving town for business. May or not play anything while I'm out of town, but if I do it'll be posted via the crackberry and I'm not one to type a ton of shit on those things so don't expect any discussion from me. Have one that I really like for Thursday, but Killa got me worried that the line is going to be crazy. We'll see. Off to the races for Tuesday...

Hawks +6.5 -- Ya I'm not very happy they lost to the Grizzlies last night. Still play was made more on my high opinion of the Hawks more than anything else. Think it'll be a one possession game. Agree with BC about the under and I'm going to try and play it depending on the #. Sure the line won't be released until tomorrow late morning when Artest's status is known.

Orlando/Portland Under 187-- Didn't get it in before they took it down tonight, but hopefully it'll be up sometime tonight and I'll update the thread. Expecting a grinder of a game in this one.

Do like the Suns over a bit, but out of dogs, favs, overs and under the overs are the only thing I'm not positive on the year with so I'm trying to be a bit more selective.

Knicks/Bulls Over 213--Going to post what I put in the discussion thread as far as my thoughts on why I like the over. I know Tuck likes the under so I'll be interested in seeing his exact thoughts.

Last 3 meetings vs. Phoenix for the Bulls which does mean a bit more:

165 total points, 173 shots, 31 FT's, and 34 TO's. Teams shot 38% and Luol Deng and Bend Gordon missed it.

214 points, 173 shots, 51 FT's, and 29 TO's. Teams shot 46%.

219 points, 167 shots, 73 FT's, and 41 TO's. Teams shot 45%.

A ton of possessions. My point is the Bulls have had no problem in past years running with Dantoni teams and when you add in Derrick Rose it only increases that. They aren't the 5th fastest paced team for no reason.

Looking at the Knicks L10 games they have actually gone over this # three times as you missed Cleveland. They were one point shy of 213 @BOS and had they shown up @DET or @CLE they both would have cleared this # as well. I personally think the fact that they have gone under 4 straight creates the value in this play.

Home versus Detroit was just a weird game where they scored 65 in the 1st half but Detroit couldn't get anything going so the Knicks rested on their lead. If the Pistons and their terrible Sunday shooting had shown up in the 1st quarter that total would look awfully different. Still Knicks shot 47%, but were limited to 75 shots.

@ATL I give credit to the Hawks for playing defense like they did previous to Josh Smith's injury. Also the same reason I played the Hawks @DAL and tomorrow @HOU. Still Knicks with only 6 FT attempts and 17 TO's.

@CLE Nobody is scoring on Cleveland lately and the Knicks stunk up the joint. Pace was pretty good (especially considering the score) though as they combined for 168 shots, 40 FT's, and 42 TO's.

@POR Last game of Portland's 8 game under run. They got to 201 with about 30 less possessions than I expect to see in the Knicks/Bulls game. Neither team shot very good (44 and 41) but hit 21 3's and 36 FT's. Poor pace as it involved the Blazers, but still a decent amount of points.

GSW A flat out track meet. 263 points, 206 shots, 53 FT's, and 32 TO's.

The Knicks just need an opponent that will run with them as they aren't good enough to impose their will on another team. The Bulls at home will certainly play along. The best comparison for this one for the Bulls is the game vs. Indy on 11/15. They aren't quite as quick as the Knicks, but it will have to do. The scored 195 points but they also had 187 shots (shot 37% and 39%), 48 Ft's, and 28 TO's. That's only 24 less possessions than the Knicks/Warriors game that totaled 263 points and about a dozen more possessions than what the Bulls/Suns averaged last year in games that topped 214.

I don't know if any of that makes sense or if anybody will actually read it, but it further solidifies my feelings on the over. If the teams combine to hit 43% from the field this one will go over imo.

Detroit -4.5 -- If BAR and Tuck like it, I like it.

AGREED

Back