12/4/08 Friday NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
90-66 (57.7%) +17.10 Units
9-13 ML's -2.75 Units

Happy to move through TNT Thursday with a 2-0 as there was a couple of potential land mines including the under in Denver. Only regret is not playing Dallas, but hard to complain.

Cavs/Pacers O208
Bobcats/Bucks O186.5
C's/Blazers U185
Magic/Thunder O200.5
Jazz/Raptors O205.5
OKC +2.5 4th Quarter (-15c)
Toronto +2.5 1st Half
Nets -6

Not my favorite card ever and I'd be lying if I said I didn't cut some corners to come up with the final plays. So you've been warned if you plan to tail.

Last edited:
Added C's/Blazers Under 185

Basically riding out of the Blazers under train and I think this is the perfect game for it to continue. Celtics have no problem getting into a dog fight and that's exactly what this game should be.

Magic/Thunder O200.5

Looking at Oklahoma since the coach change:

@NOH Durant moved to SF Shoot 53%
PHO Shoot 42%
@CLE on B2B Shoot 35%
MIN Shoot 50% and Westbrook triples Watson's minutes
@MEM Shoot 52% and Westbrook takes over the starting PG spot
@CHA Shoot 55%

First game vs. Orlando they shoot 37%, but Durant doesn't play. Interesting to note that both teams got off 91 shots and had 54 free throws.

Defense hasn't been any better for OKC as they've given up 103 or more in 11 of L13 including 109 to the Magic at home. Hard to imagine the Magic scoring less than 107 or so and I think the Thunder offense is improving enough to get into the high 90's or low 100's. Thunder have scored 97 or more in all but one game under Brooks. A 110-97 score seems likely.

BOL tonight JP, sure is a lot of totals. also on the Cavs/pacers over but that was all that was really appealing yesterday night

Thanks guys. I have no idea where the hell all of these totals came from hence my warning at the bottom. King of crazy honestly. Added in the Thunder 4th quarter bet and still debating a few other things as I just walked in the door. This card is a bit of a maze to me.

Put my bet in on Ind/Cle Over 208.5 and i say it peaked at 209.5 on certain sites then now its down to 206. Wassup with the total on this game . Any idea?

Put my bet in on Ind/Cle Over 208.5 and i say it peaked at 209.5 on certain sites then now its down to 206. Wassup with the total on this game . Any idea?

No idea man. Nothing to get to worried about though as far as the movement, but I'm always pissed to not get the best line possible.

on those first two overs with ya....bol

Nice. Was a bit worried about how many totals I had, but I'm up 10 units on the year on totals so my worries have vanished a bit. Still don't love the card.

Last two before tip.

Raptors +2.5 1st Half
Nets -6

No concern at all. ITs just wierd the exact same thing happen with buffalo / connecticut ncaab game yesterday. Line started at -15 then max at -17.5 then game time wnet back down to 15 with the public pounding connecticut. Con only won by 4. Man, sometimes i think the books know wassup with certain games.

Damn, I like all your picks.
Don't know if thats a good or bad thing though. BOL J

OKC in the fourth. Played that and Washington in the fourth Actually Bobcats first quarter is percentage. Think Bucks have won 1 first quarter at home and Bobcats have lost 1 on the road.

Good stuff with the 4th Q's would agree with both you and Tuck if I had those available . I actually leaned to your 1st 3 totals but havent played them so might add those . Did have the ORL total but 3 pts higher still cheaper then the close .

GL

no mike miller for wolves

Assumed he had a good chance of missing. Must have been the sudden jump to 7 after I played it. I certainly knew it wasn't my 1 unit bet. :)

OKC in the fourth. Played that and Washington in the fourth Actually Bobcats first quarter is percentage. Think Bucks have won 1 first quarter at home and Bobcats have lost 1 on the road.

That OKC 4th quarter is a beauty. Never got to the Washington one, but I'm sure it looks good as well.

Good stuff with the 4th Q's would agree with both you and Tuck if I had those available . I actually leaned to your 1st 3 totals but havent played them so might add those . Did have the ORL total but 3 pts higher still cheaper then the close .

GL

Ya I've learned to like playing those quarter plays this year. Takes some more research to find them, but the value is probably higher. GL to you as well.

Right now OKC looks like death. To make the play you have to be able to assume a favorite lead of at least 8 going into the fourth.

When Indiana played at Boston at half time free throws were 4-6 for Indiana and 23 of 28 for Boston. Now with Portland we see Portland 5-5 and Boston 12-16. With Portlands record they can not get a call.

Back