12/27/14 National University Holiday Bowl (Nebraska vs USC)

Who will win ATS?

• Nebraska

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Administrator

CTG Administrator
Staff member
Who do you think will win and why?

[TABLE="class: data, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]8:00 PM EST[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]235 NEBRASKA[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]61[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]61[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]62[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]+197[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]236 USC[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-5.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-6 -15 / -6 / -6 -15[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-6.5 [/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-225[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand the players loved Bo. The remaining staff is going to have to put in alot of work to have Nebraska up for this one. Nebraska has traveled to the Holiday Bowl before 2009 and 2010 and laid an egg in the rematch vs UW in '10 - they didn't want to be there. Different team obviously, but if they don't want to be there again same result will happen. Will be interesting to see how they go about preparing for this game. If I start hearing talk of the players dedicated the game to Bo then their minds will atleast be in the game. Otherwise their minds might be elsewhere. I have a distant in-law family member affiliated with the program. That is how I know about the 2010 situation. On a chance I hear anything I will follow up here. I rarely speak to the individual directly so anything I get will likely be 3rd or 4th hand.

From what I understand the players loved Bo. The remaining staff is going to have to put in alot of work to have Nebraska up for this one. Nebraska has traveled to the Holiday Bowl before 2009 and 2010 and laid an egg in the rematch vs UW in '10 - they didn't want to be there. Different team obviously, but if they don't want to be there again same result will happen. Will be interesting to see how they go about preparing for this game. If I start hearing talk of the players dedicated the game to Bo then their minds will atleast be in the game. Otherwise their minds might be elsewhere. I have a distant in-law family member affiliated with the program. That is how I know about the 2010 situation. On a chance I hear anything I will follow up here. I rarely speak to the individual directly so anything I get will likely be 3rd or 4th hand.

Good stuff.

Have to think that USC O holds up their end of the bargain. Has there ever been a better QB than Kessler that nobody talks about?

Maybe if they'd beaten UCLA and he'd played a little better there they would've. USC lost to BC and Az St, but not Kessler's fault I don't think (only watched spots of those games and relying on box scores). The UCLA game was his only average game all year. Kessler has 4 INTs in 413 attempts! Same yards and % as Mariota and USC has some killer WRs.

When backing USC the confidence question in doing so will come down to USC's D...how can anyone forget what BC did to them? Still not sure Nebraska will have any of their shit together though.

I will definitely try to catch all of this game, I really enjoyed watching both teams play this year, but I think with Bo gone there may be some air out of the tires in Nebraska, also the fact everyone is really down on their program, even locally. I think Nebraska expected to come into the Big 10 and kick ass and take names later but they have really been just an above average team. USC playing pretty well and the QB is pretty damn good. Think this will be an Over play for me though.

healthy ameer should make nu offense quite a bit better than what we saw the last month as well.

Have to think that USC O holds up their end of the bargain. Has there ever been a better QB than Kessler that nobody talks about?

Maybe if they'd beaten UCLA and he'd played a little better there they would've. USC lost to BC and Az St, but not Kessler's fault I don't think (only watched spots of those games and relying on box scores). The UCLA game was his only average game all year. Kessler has 4 INTs in 413 attempts! Same yards and % as Mariota and USC has some killer WRs.

When backing USC the confidence question in doing so will come down to USC's D...how can anyone forget what BC did to them? Still not sure Nebraska will have any of their shit together though.

The BC game is just hard to figure out. Guess that coast to coast travel for an ooc game is just a really bad spot. ASU won on a hail mary and I watched that game .... had usc won by 10 it would have been short of how much they deserved to win by. UCLA pummeled them.

It would be hard for me to back Nebraska because of the two headed monster of USC coaching situation vs Nebraska coaching situation and because not only is Kessler the best qb on the field but he is the only QB on the field.

USC might actually think they are ready built for next year and might need the bowl win to boost preseason rank. Kessler v Armstrong is about as big a qb mismatch as you will ever find.

Interim HC Cotton will be on UNLV's staff next year. I got the feeling that he won't win any popularity contests with some players or other staff members. And I'm not sure if this sentiment was isolated or widespread, but the displeasure of Bo's firing has not faded and there isn't much enthusiasm for the bowl.

Back