12/15/08 Monday NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
118-89 (57.0%) +19.85 Units

2-1 yesterday up 1.10 units. Probably should have played the 2nd half with the Thunder. That team honestly has a ton of heart. They just don't get fazed by anything and continue battling. Playing my first favorites in 4 days today which is rather odd. Didn't know that I had been playing so many dogs recently.

Kings -5 -- Would have played this at the opener but I wanted to make sure the Wolves didn't get blown out of the building by the Lakers. Last game of a 5/7 for Minny and they've had to travel for every game. They looked real flat at the end of that Lakers game missing lay ins and just reaching on the defensive end. Miller, who missed the previous 5 games before SAC, was the only player who had any energy. Meanwhile the Kings are coming off of an emberassing home loss to the Knicks while shooting 36%. They immediately hit the road for 4 games @POR, @HOU, @NOR, and @SAS. I'm assuming they take care of business in this spot and cruise to a rather easy victory. They have won by 5 or more in every W this year, but two of those wins were by 5 points exactly.

Suns/Knicks Over 223 -- Grabbed this at the opener, but I'm not entirely sure that I'll keep it. Like to hear Tuck's thoughts on the game plan for the Suns in this one. Are they resentful and want revenge vs the old head coach or are they fine going out and playing a track meet with his new team. They certainly haven't been playing much defense lately and I'd prefer to stay on the over train and see them hit 250 so I could immediately play their next under. Need more info, but I have played it already and would like to keep it.

Bobcats +4 1st Half
Nets/Raptors Over 202.5
Celtics 3rd Q -2.5 (-15c)
Knicks/Suns O57.5 1st Q (-15c)

Leans/Thoughts

Nets/Over -- Like the over more than the side as the Nets run on the road and the Raptors have been pretty dominant to the over at home. No reason for this to drop 3 points from the total less than a week ago when the venue they are going to is more inclined to produce an over.
Wizards --Just looking at future schedules I think this one is a bit more important for the Wiz.
Bobcats 1st half/Hawks 2nd half -- Agree with tuck in that Bobcats 1st half probably the way to go. Probably some good vibes from the 4th quarter that will be carried into Atlanta while they should be coming off of a bit of hangover from their Cleveland win. Do expect ATL to win, but not confident about an 8 point victory.
Jazz 1st Half/Celtics 3rd quarter--C's third quarter for sure and I really assume the jazz come out quite strong following the collapse to the magic at home in the 2nd half.
Heat/Bukcs 2-9 L11 ATS, 0-3 on 0 days rest, MLW 7-2 on one days rest. Interesting stats. No line. Bucks 10-5 Heat 7-4 home/away O/U. I lost money trying to play the last bucks under, but won't happen again today. Lean Heat, but those stats are stupid.
DEN/DAL -- Not interested other than a spectator seat. If I had to I'd play the Mavs as this every other day home game stretch is great for momentum and they play 6 of next 7 on the road. Still this is the 1st of 6 really tough games for Denver. Maybe a small lean to the under.
ORL/GSW -- Howard status? Don't see why the Magic throw him out in this derby, but I'm not the coach. They have a few days off after and face some tough competition at home. Magic should be feeling pretty good after the jazz victory in what Stan Van Gundy called one of the best wins he's ever been part of. Could be a spot where a team takes liberties with the coach happy and doesn't give 100% effort on the defensive end. Could be a real track meet as the Magic are pretty much a lock for 115+

Last edited:
Absolutely no resentment. He was a players coach and he did not leave as a first choice but left because Kerr make it clear he was no longer wanted. Barbossa is the only regular player left who might feel negative toward him based on playing time. Still after the Knicks raped the Kings instead of just beating them it complicated things. When you crush a weak team like that the next team you play which in this case is the Suns is going to be up for the game. Have no problem with your play. GL

Suns have not said anything yet but I think it will be the new standard guns blazing game. The Knicks are the side I am wondering about. They seem more flexible right now then most teams. Very capable execution of plays and more control of tempo than one would expect.

Sounds great tuck. Thanks for the input. Knicks do look good as they finally have an 8/9 man rotation depending on the status of Q. Rich who I believe was out with the flu last game. Quietly winning 7 of 8 ATS. I say quietly because that's hard for a NY or LA team to do. Grabbing the points here seems like a wise decision.

Bobcats 1st Half +4

Thanks SF. Think Jersey is the right play there as well.

Satyr--Got a question for ya if you're still around. You know much about this new Sixers coach Tony DiLeo? I see he coached in the European league and has ties to Paul Westhead. Essentially looking to see if his teams run like the article that I read says they do?

Hey J

I don't have any news regarding the guy, will ask around these days, perhaps Divol knows something.
if not I'll add some thoughts after I get the info.
:shake:

Satyr--Good call. I'll ask Divol. Thanks

Thanks Karl.

Added:

Celtics 3rd Q -2.5 (-15c)
Knicks/Suns O57.5 1st Q (-15c)

Waiting for Howard status and will likely be playing the Magic/Warrios 1st Q over regardless, but no line yet.

Thanks Phil.

bukii--they are all the same to me honestly. I either like a play or don't. Guess it's a good thing that I flat bet. :)

Funny pic Ca$he. GL health to you as well.

Thanks Renew, Tim.

Hawks -8 2nd Half -- Think this one should be fairly simple which is scary. Hawks shot 41% while the Cats shot 50%. Atlanta outrebounding Charlotte 22-15 including 7 offensive boards to 0. Hawks had 13 assists on 16 baskets so they're moving the ball. Just a matter of making their shots in the 2nd half.

1st quarter play didn't work out in Phoenix, but I'm still firing away in the Bay.

Warriors/Magic Over 56

Didn't watch a second of it and haven't looked at the box score so no clue man. Looks like the Nuggets are going to get you your victory so just enjoy it and don't force anything else. :cheers:

Thanks, I just thought Denver would fire it away like the 1st 2 Qs and Dallas having the momentum getting into the 3rd Q. I'll leave it alone though. GL on your kings tonight.

Back