12/12/06 Rare Spot For HOUSTON Tonight & Welcome Message

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
The play: HOUSTON -2

Let's first mention the very odd scheduling here for Houston. They are coming off a 3 game road trip (2-1 su & ats). They come home for tonight's game. Then they are back on the road for a 5 game west coast road swing! That is some crazy shit there! I like playing on a team's last home game before a road trip. Coming off a win and then heading away from home, is a major confidence booster. So suffice to say this is definately an important game for Houston.

Next, T Mac is out. But does it matter THAT much? Don't laugh. Luther Head is having a tremendous year. He is a great shooter (has range), and a gritty defender. Alston's ability to drive and kick makes Head a nice fit for Houston. Van Gundy also mentioned that we could see Bonzi Wells tonight for the first time all year. The two have not been on the same page since the signing. But I think you might see a PISSED OFF Bonzi Wells tonight. Ok, he might be rusty, but the man is still possibly the best rebounding Guard in the league. And he'll provide some muscle for Kobe tonight.

Houston has won 8 of their last 10 with impressive #s regarding opposing teams shooting %. The team is really buying into Van Gundy's defensive system. We all know the key to beating the Lakers is to stop Kobe, and this is a great challenge for an already great defensive unit. On top of that, Houston is flying under the radar in the WEST imo. They are 14-6, and tonight they can prove that defensive really does win games in the NBA.

GL to all, and I'm glad to have joined this forum. It's definately refreshing to read some educated insight. Covers has really become a place for jackasses looking for attention and clowning around. Not to mention the new Covers Mods are losing control of that forum. It's glad to be aboard guys! I hope to provide the forum with some good basketball insight. I used to run a joint book operation with some buddies. I'm out of that now, but I am still trying to get nightly book info out of the people running it now. I'll do what I can to provide that info if it becomes available, so we'll see. As far as the winners, there are no guarantees right? LOL

PS: These smilies are fuckin awesome! LOL. This is my favorite:

:13_1_102v:

tough loss on the rockets dude. yao ming just couldn't do it alone. hope you bounce back tomorrow night. :shake:

Back