11/7/08 nba

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
21-12 +8.10 Units
4-5 ML's +0.45 Units

Random stuff:

Interesting to see the Pace Rankings for the first time this year. Phoenix, while going 4-1 to the overs, is the 17th ranked team as far as overall pace. Their #2 Offensive Efficiency ranking is keeping their point totals up more than their pace.

The Bulls are already fighting. Interesting article to read. I wanted to play them tonight as the Suns are extremely thin with Shaq and Barnes out but this article is keeping me off of them.

''Starters have to get off to a good start; that's their responsibility,'' Gordon said after Sefolosha went scoreless and starting forward Tyrus Thomas had one point. ''They have to step it up. Maybe Coach needs to mix something up a little bit.''

''No, no, no; they're the players, I'm the coach,'' Del ***** said. ''The easiest thing is to look from the outside in and say we should do this or that. But when you go through it, it's a lot different. We're trying to put everybody in the most successful area we can. Sometimes it's not the system; sometimes it is. Sometimes it's the familiarity of everything.''

Haven't even made it thru the entire card yet as I'm not moving to quickly today after the Utah/TCU game last night. Will be adding more later. I will say that I hate cards this big.

Hornets -7' -- Wasn't planning on playing this until the news of a Bobcat shakeup is in the works. To many distractions right now for the Bobcats to play an angry Hornets team. Hate laying big road chalk, but the Hornets have won by 14 and 15 in recent history @CHA as well as losing SU as 1' point road favs.

Warriors/Grizzlies 4th Quarter Under 48'
1st Quarter Over 49'

-- Warriors 4th and 1st quarter results so far this season: (Red are home games)

NOH 206 Listed Total 211 points scored 42 points in the 4th 61 in the 1st
TOR 207 Listed Total 192 points scored in REG 44 in the 4th 50 in the 1st
NJN 202 Listed Total 202 points scored 48 in the 4th 50 in the 1st
MEM 200 Listed Total 169 points scored 29 in the 4th 51 in the 1st
DEN 209 Listed Total 212 points scored 48 in the 4th 63 in the 1st

Heat +6' -- Liked this one more when I played it yesterday than I do now. Merely fading the Spurs as I don't think they are playing good basketball. Took 55 from Parker to beat the TWolves. 3rd game in 4 nights with Parker playing 50 minutes and 48 from Duncan against Minny. Spurs are dead last in defensive efficiency this year and they're clearly not playing well. I'd rather it wasn't Miami that keeps popping up when I want to fade another team though. They have covered 3 straight against the Spurs but two of those games they were DD dogs in.

Clippers +6 -- Should have grabbed 7, but missed the early #. Draining OT loss for the Rockets with a huge game against the Lakers in two days in the same stadium. See a major flat spot with a team hungry for it's first victory. Hou has owned the Clippers and this seems like a spot to get some redemption. What an atrocious schedule the NBA gave the Clipps this year having to play Dal, Hou, Den, Utah (2) and the Lakers (2) to start the season. This is probably their 2nd or 3rd easiest game of their first 7 games. Brutal. If the Clipps are up 5-10 at half I'll probably look to middle as I'm sure they'll find a way to lose in the 4th.

Knicks/Bullets Over 210' -- Nice little over run starting to help even the season tally up and the Knicks should finally get their first over here. Both teams are brutally bad at defense and the Knicks are the 2nd fastest team in the pace rankings so it's not like they aren't trying to score.

Others I'll be looking at:

Toronto +3
Jazz/Thunder Over
Nuggs/Mavs Over

Played the Hornets -9' for Saturday.

Hope you enjoyed the Utah game , win and entire day . Should have listened on the ORL game , nice hit there .

I would caution playing on NOH because the shakeup amounts to CHAR playing shorthanded . Which is one of my favorite angles to play on those teams . Might see Carroll wipe the dust off .

DelNegro being a young coach certainly has to defuse that situation quickly otherwise he loses that team quickly IMO . He needs to make it clear now that he is the COACH imo.

Basically like them all except NOH. :cheers:

I hear ya with being shorthanded, but I think all three actually play so it's just the distractions going on. Speaking of that angle you like the Nets/Mavs tonight playing up against Iverson and Billups?

Thanks Marlo.

Joining BroadwayJoe on the Cavs over 193'. Looks like tonight could see it's first major over run of the year based on the BC's thread and the way the first two are starting.

Sorry Jeff wasnt on the forum but YES . Played against Det . Would list them all but you would laugh at the length of the list .

Staying off Miami for now . Looking to lay them 2nd Half and actually interested in SA 1st Q and 1st H . Looking at the Heat's 2 road games(+2.5 at Charlotte and +2.5 @ NYK losing both rather easily against probably bottom 10 teams) and the fact its still SA where they are 1-20 SU and SA is 0-2 at home . Expect a good start from the Spurs . heat forcing a ton of turnovers so far like 23 a game while SA league best only 10 per. Neutralizes Miami greatest strength so far......

GL
Still looking at how I am going to attack it ....

Nice. As long as the Heat cover the game I"m happy. Any last thoughts before I add Dallas to the list?

Think I'm going to do it. 10 plays seems like a real possibility today. :hang:

Dallas ML +100 Not really considering it a ML play though.

I actually like Denver if anything . Would prefer Dallas 1st H to game . Billups is basically a guy who could fit in alot easier then most traded players because of the enviroment Det has had for a few years IMO. Only weak game for Denver was @ GSW and they simply shot their load way to early getting up like 17 in the 1st 8 minutes or so. Not sold on Dallas especially seeing the start by SA . Just my take.

GL

Boston and Under 2nd H . Have it in a reverse . Boston took control late and this is exactly what happened vs OKC last game . Terrible 1st Q then eventually the find a groove 2nd Q and they shut down the opponent .

Boston and Under 2nd H . Have it in a reverse . Boston took control late and this is exactly what happened vs OKC last game . Terrible 1st Q then eventually the find a groove 2nd Q and they shut down the opponent .
:shake:

Guess I play the Heat game . Should have stuck to my original lean I guess . Damage minimal lose -1.10 units and pick up a 0.50 on the 1st H under ...

Cant win a close one all week. Sucks cause I had Celts -14 and the 2nd H reverse but this night has gone great so far . Had Indy ML hit or the Boston plays would be damn near perfect . Nets and Bobcats MLs came in . :cheers:

damn you and your bobcats ML. :) j/k glad you cashed that since the hornets didn't have a shot of covering

Good hit on the 1st Quarter total @ GSW . Hope the trend continues in the 4th Q as well and sure looks like it might be setting up that way . Looking at the 2nd H under possibly ...

When I lose I basically hope your on the other side considering I played every game on the board (except two and added 2nd H plays on both) . Makes my losses feel like wins as long as they arent close ones .

Broke the 50 play mark on a Friday ....a ton of small ones though

With you on LAC but went Denver +1 . Though I snuck in 2 small winners in the 1st Q at the denver game (-1/2 and und 52) so again if I lose probably can live with it . GL

Back