11:30 Saturday ESPN Game: Washington at Hawaii....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Notes:

Probably the greatest win in Hawaii’s history last week. Debateable though, as Hawaii did smash Ty Detmer and #4 BYU, and Hawaii’s Jason Elam (Denver Broncos) did beat #1 Iowa on a last second FG.

Lost my last 2 with GOY lines put in before the year, 4-4 +1,000ish on the year. Had correct lines and great value…… last week is one I had no problem losing….

Longest Win Streak in the Nation…12 games…geezus, seems like yesterday Hawaii had the longest losing streak…..21 wins in 22 games….

Passing this week. Too much on the line and I will be on the sidelines with the team. Look for me yelling in Jones ear to throw it deep…..I will be wearing Green.:tiphat:

Hawaii just needs to win this……I see people saying Washington is probably deflated, I am sure they are…….But I worry about Hawaii coming off their Greatest Win ever….your emotions can only be sustained so high.

Don’t forget Oregon State last year…..A PAC-10 team coming in off their heated rivalry game with Oregon and with seemingly nothing to play for…..Everyone thought OSU was coming here for a vacation…..Also, if you actually saw Washington play the last 4 games, they are moving the ball VERY well…

People here are looking past Washington....Like we have already won.........

PAC-10 talent is still PAC-10 Talent....4-8? Geezus look at who UW lost to....Oregon, USC, Ohio State, Cal, ASU? 5 losses to Top 25 teams at the time......

I am scared shitless....

Following the best recruiting class in Hawaii’s history last year, Hawaii is going to have a ton of top tier recruits at this home finale. One of California’s Top High School QB’s is considering Hawaii……One of Mississippi’s top LB’s is considering Hawaii over LSU…..Success is bringing in 4 and 5 star recruits like crazy….

My guess for the future of Hawaii QB? Fresno State’s Coach Pat Hill’s son. How unreal would that be? Our biggest Rival, our QB is their Coach’s son…..Pat Hill and Jones are good friends and Pat Hill’s son comes every year to Hawaii’s practices….and the son will not play for the dad.

Most BCS websites have Hawaii as 90-95% for the BCS. Lot of things still could happen where Hawaii could get dumped out of the Top 12…..

Hawaii needs this….$3 million added to our measly $5 million revenue is program altering……$3 million to Georgia’s $40 million a year is nothing….

Reserving my flight for New Orleans like the rest of Hawaii…….Los Angeles sure would be easier if it happens….but just win this week and I will worry about that stuff later….please.

Good luck in whatever you play…..

Last edited:
Why Hawaii better not underestimate Washington:

They led Ohio St. 7-3 at halftime

They were tied with Oregon 31-31 early in the 4th quarter with Dennis Dixon playing

They barely lost to USC 27-24

They beat Cal 37-23, and Boise St. 24-10.

They lost AT Oregon St. 29-23

SOS is ranked #1 in the nation

their 2007 schedule:

08/31 at Syracuse W 42-12
09/08 #22 Boise St W 24-10
09/15 #10 Ohio St L 33-14
09/22 at UCLA L 44-31
09/29 #1 USC L 27-24
10/13 at #14 Arizona St L 44-20
10/20 #10 Oregon L 55-34
10/27 Arizona L 48-41
11/03 at Stanford W 27-9
11/10 at Oregon St L 29-23
11/17 California W 37-23
11/24 Wash St L 42-35

Does strength of schedule matter? This game will determine it:

WASHINGTON #1 STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

HAWAII #119 (#142 OVERALL) STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

Hawaii will beat WASH by 24+. Do you know anything about Hawaii? Its a vacation game for WASH and the refs will give HAW all the calls.

HAW 49 WASH 17

HG - Kudos on the big win last week, hope you get another one this week and stay unblemished. Enjoy the game. :cheers:

Hawaii will beat WASH by 24+. Do you know anything about Hawaii? Its a vacation game for WASH and the refs will give HAW all the calls.

HAW 49 WASH 17
Have I done anything offend you asswipe?

Hey kid I know you got no money, but never have I said anything over your crap posts....:36_11_6:

Thanks for the early notice. I guess this one will be on ESPN Game Plan or whatever...enjoyed watching them against the other FSU and BSU. Have fun at the game.

Does strength of schedule matter? This game will determine it:

WASHINGTON #1 STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

HAWAII #119 (#142 OVERALL) STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE

i wish. mostly cuz i took the 14 pts this evening. partly cuz i want this team to lose. (sorry, bro.)

as far as SOS...it definitely matters, but 1 game can't be the be all/end all.

imo, it mattered in the Mizzou/Kansas game. but here...well, it's tbd. problem is UW's pass defense.
if UW shows up...and hasn't cashed in the season...i don't see them having a problem staying in the game offensively, which is why i'm on them.

HG : GL to you & your team, would nothing more than to see them finish undefeated, you have only been their most loyal fan! I also think it would make BCS committees assholes pucker:36_11_6::36_11_6: GET IT DONE RAINBOW WARRIORS!!!

Have I done anything offend you asswipe?

Hey kid I know you got no money, but never have I said anything over your crap posts....:36_11_6:
Hawaiiguy,

JoeBren has "scouts" at these games, and these "scouts" tell him exactly what is going to happen. Thats how he knows so much more than you do about the team you follow, and live and die with.

Earlier this year he posted on one of my threads saying that he had "scouts" who told him that Louisville was shaving points, and that the news was going to break, and the program was in big trouble!

You really have to take anything from this guy with a grain of salt, because lets be real here. How can anyone that claims they have their own personal "scouts" be taken seriously?

Damn...I completely missed that; coming into HawaiiGuy's thread and asking him if he knows anything about Hawaii?!

Fuckin' classic.

I guess Purdue and Oregon St were on vacation last year as well.

Hawaiiguy,

JoeBren has "scouts" at these games, and these "scouts" tell him exactly what is going to happen. Thats how he knows so much more than you do about the team you follow, and live and die with.

Earlier this year he posted on one of my threads saying that he had "scouts" who told him that Louisville was shaving points, and that the news was going to break, and the program was in big trouble!

You really have to take anything from this guy with a grain of salt, because lets be real here. How can anyone that claims they have their own personal "scouts" be taken seriously?

I hear ya bud, the dude has problems with everybody.....angry troll..:36_11_6:

steed :cheers:

timh - :cheers:

RJ ESq, Yanks - I hope we both win with Hawaii winning by anything less than 14.....Yanks, I can see where you are coming from, I have said it from week 1, even if Hawaii goes undefeated they don't deserve a BCS....However, since that is the loophole of the BCS for non-BCS teams we need to take advantage of it.....

Counselor - lmao, dude you just don't know the hangover i had the next day...:36_11_6:

cashflowmatters - :cheers:

horses - yeah, good game to just watch.....motivation is supposedly ALL Hawaii.....but everyone pounded Purdue and Oregon State last year and got their ass kicked when Hawaii didnt cover both....

...and i thought joebron tamed it down since coming over from the other site where he was villified for comments like that one. but he does bring up a VERY important question which is:

will there be wac or pac10 officials for this game? crazy stuff happens when the islanders match up against the power conferences in these get-away games, almost like the zebras from the big conferences don't fear any repercussions or backlash for hosing for calling an atrocious game on the island.

my man.... beautiful win last week.. but i think its a no play for me as well.. going to wait for that bcs and pound it.. best of luck bro

...and i thought joebron tamed it down since coming over from the other site where he was villified for comments like that one. but he does bring up a VERY important question which is:

will there be wac or pac10 officials for this game? crazy stuff happens when the islanders match up against the power conferences in these get-away games, almost like the zebras from the big conferences don't fear any repercussions or backlash for hosing for calling an atrocious game on the island.

Cortez great point........

However, since the Michigan State Game.....

FOR ALL NON-CONFERENCE GAMES IN HAWAII, THE OFFICIATING CREW MUST BE NEUTRAL.

My guess is this crew will be Mountain West.

That is why for the last several years, no team coming to hawaii has complained recently, officiating crews are always neutral.

Saw Wash at +14.5 earlier today and bit on it. Hopefully they're focused enuff to keep it close b/c I don't think HI brings their best this wk in a classic letdown spot.

thanks HG, that's an important fact to try to keep in my head for the future. i would think that a non power conference (bcs conference) crew would be favorabe to the warriors, the boise's, hawaii's, byu's, and utah's of the world have had a long history and need to stick together in todays bcs climate.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

congrats Hawaii guy!!!!! I won my Wash bet, your boys won the game, everybody wins!!

I missed the 2nd half of the game and missed the replay this morning, but Brennan's performance should either win the Heisman or at least in discussion with McFadden and Tebow.

Right now, I'd give it to Brennan.

Thanks guys!

Exciting game, when Hawaii was down 21-0 looked gloomy.....

Being on the sidelines was incredible, i hope all of you guys get the chance with your team......and to rush on the field after the game with the team.........

So tired.......catch everyone later......

Back