11/28/08 Black Friday NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
66-51 (56%) +10.70 Units
9-12 ML's -1.65 Units

Played a couple so far. Thoughts and additional plays tomorrow.

Portland -3
Miami +8.5
Toronto -5.5
Jazz/Kings O210
Indy 2nd Quarter -2
Dallas 1st Quarter +3.5
Boston/Philly Under 186.5
Cavs/Warriors O216

Likely to be on the Sixers, Cavs over, Charlotte under (why not), and Jazz over among other things. 'an_horse'

Last edited:
BOL JP

thoughts on Jazz -10.5? see youre leaning over in it but doesnt seem like a bad idea with the way these two teams have been playing lately. already on Miami and will be on Portland and Cavs Over

why the sixers. I watched the game vs orlando (i know 1 gae doesnt tell a story) but andre miller looked a step slow and couldnt shoot, their inside defense was slow to double team and their backcourt D was too slow or didnt know to rotate.
Then watching them on the break, they were so bad, no spacing, didnt pass the ball. now against a much better defensive team in the celts, i miss be missing something here cause a bunch of guys like philly. Do you just think they will cover or have a chance to win the game? thanks.

Good Luck bro, love the blazers...their line jumped to 6 already so I couldn't do it.

BOL JP

thoughts on Jazz -10.5? see youre leaning over in it but doesnt seem like a bad idea with the way these two teams have been playing lately. already on Miami and will be on Portland and Cavs Over

I've been avoiding them at all costs until they get healthy. Covering DD's with half of your squad is a tough task imo and don't foget that Deron might not be playing on b2b's. I'm sure he'll go tonight, but maybe the Jazz want to push him and play him limited minutes so that he can play tomorrow as well. To many unknowns for me to lay DD's though. :cheers:

why the sixers. I watched the game vs orlando (i know 1 gae doesnt tell a story) but andre miller looked a step slow and couldnt shoot, their inside defense was slow to double team and their backcourt D was too slow or didnt know to rotate.
Then watching them on the break, they were so bad, no spacing, didnt pass the ball. now against a much better defensive team in the celts, i miss be missing something here cause a bunch of guys like philly. Do you just think they will cover or have a chance to win the game? thanks.

Honestly it's just a gut play. Looked at the schedule yesterday morning and it popped out at me. Then I looked at the matchup and saw the exact same last year. Sixers as 9 point dogs went in and won SU. Of course they had won 9 of L11 when that happened, but not everything is perfect. I still haven't pulled the trigger on it and may pass in the end. It just seems like a spot that Boston gives one away to me. :shake:

nice day yesterday as you were on both the roads and i was on both the homes hahaha...

thoughts on toronto? likely my first 5u play in this nba season...

nice day yesterday as you were on both the roads and i was on both the homes hahaha...

:smiley_acbe:

Personally I'm trying to find a reason not to bet because every thing I'm currently seeing I like it.

Played it. Some interesting articles in the Toronto newspaper about this game.

"We got kicked in the butt, we know that," Chris Bosh said yesterday.

Toronto heads west after this one for a very difficult 3 game swing. Hawks have won 3 of 4 and get Smith back on Wednesday. He practiced with the team on Thanksgiving (you hear that AI) and I always think it's a distraction on a team when the star player is getting ready to return and is practicing, but not playing yet. With the Hawks having some recent success (certainly not ATS) I think they'll have a bit less fight than the Raptors.

Raptors -5.5

BOL, heard from sports news in TO, that raps definitely trying to win this game with the hawks, they expect a 1-2 road trip, so this is a huge game

I've been avoiding them at all costs until they get healthy. Covering DD's with half of your squad is a tough task imo and don't foget that Deron might not be playing on b2b's. I'm sure he'll go tonight, but maybe the Jazz want to push him and play him limited minutes so that he can play tomorrow as well. To many unknowns for me to lay DD's though. :cheers:

gotcha, figured I would check back in later today on D-Wills status and hope for it to drop under 10. Still pleased with how Millsap and Okur have stepped up the last couple, but I see its now 11 so may have to lay off

Good luck jp i like your total plays. I like the warriors tonite against the cavs. Cleveland has blown out 2 teams, albeit they were bad teams. Looking for them to cool off.

Good to hear lungster.

Renew--Millsap is the reason the Jazz can afford to let Boozer walk this year. He plugs right into the system and the Jazz don't miss him a ton with the first unit. It's the 2nd unit that takes a hit with the depth. Korver is playing tonight as well.

Thanks bukii. Can't fade the Cavs right now myself. Possibly tomorow in the 2nd half. Their schedule is set up for them as well. They may have less than 5 losses heading to Christmas.

<table class="free"><tbody><tr class="data1left"><td>2008-11-28</td> <td>G</td> <td>Kyle Korver</td> <td>Wrist</td> <td>missed last game, downgraded to doubtful Friday vs Sacramento.</td></tr></tbody></table>
so JP is Kyle in??

like ur card man...gl

Thanks ret. Kyle is definitely in.

Jazz: Korver to return tonight, Williams still unsure about back-to-back
By Ross Siler
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 11/28/2008 01:03:45 PM MST

The injury trend has become encouraging for the Jazz, with Deron Williams return from a sprained left ankle Wednesday set to be followed by Kyle Korver's from a sprained right wrist for Friday's game against Sacramento.

"It's definitely been tough the last month or so with everyone being hurt," Korver said, "but I think we're getting back to the point now where guys are getting healthy and we can start to get some rhythm back and showing what kind of team we really can be."
Williams said his ankle was "pretty sore" after playing 29 minutes in Wednesday's victory over Memphis. He will play Friday but is uncertain about Saturday, when the Jazz will play the second in a rare set of home back-to-back games.

"It'll be easier, it'll definitely be easier," Williams said of the home back-to-back, "but it's going to be sore regardless on a back-to-back. That's the thing I'm worried about is it being too sore and affecting me during the game."

Korver missed three games after re-aggravating his wrist, but said he shot around Friday and has "been surprised at how well it's felt." He has been cautious about giving himself enough time to rest and allow the wrist to heal completely.

"It's getting pretty close," Korver said. "I wouldn't say it's 100 percent yet, but I think to wait until it was 100 percent, I'd have to wait quite a while. Hopefully it's just something, if you go down, try to roll to the left and see what happens."

The Jazz will play without Carlos Boozer, who will miss a fourth game with a strained left quadriceps tendon, as well as Brevin Knight (sprained left index finger) and Matt Harpring, who described himself as being back to "square one" with his sore back.

No problem. Good luck tonight.

Still looking at a couple more. Was hoping for this Cavs total to come back down, but not might happen.

Leans at this point:

Sixers/C's Under
Cavs Over
Thunder
Bucks
Bobcats Under
Mavs 1st Q/over

You are talking about at Washington with rest. Agreed they can kill them and want too. Unfortunate location of Orleans and Utah. Probably would lay at least 9 currently. GL

You are talking about at Washington with rest. Agreed they can kill them and want too. Unfortunate location of Orleans and Utah. Probably would lay at least 9 currently. GL

Exactly. NOH might be the one that they don't show up for. They lost to utah on their home court last year so Hornets are a bit of a sandwich.

Thanks Tim.

Added the rest of the plays in the main window. Only other thing on the radar is the Bobcats under, but I'm trying to figure out the status of J-Rich.

Bow to the LEGEND ....half point and a blowout cost him 8-0 ...

You should figure out what your season % is minus those rough few days you had . Its has to be near 65-68% ... :tiphat::cheers:

Bow to the LEGEND ....half point and a blowout cost him 8-0 ...

You should figure out what your season % is minus those rough few days you had . Its has to be near 65-68% ... :tiphat::cheers:

Thanks Mike. I'll take a 7-2 day every day of the week. Can't complain about the .5 point loss as I won by the same margin with the Dallas 1st Q play.

Those rough few days were to the tune of 5-14. Luckily previous years of bad runs like that made it easier to fight through it. Might have done something stupid in the past. Minus that run I'd be at 64% but those runs WILL happen both directions so can't think about what if's.

7-2 +4.80 Units on the day
73-53 (58%) +15.50 Units
9-12 ML's -1.65 Units

Everyone has the bad stretches but as you said you rebounded quickly . Its easy to get off track and not so much a what if scenario but important to know IMO when your going well just how well . From my perspective the 5-14 is the fluke and the other sample size is the real value . Thats why overall % doesnt interest me its just another useless avg . All bad stretches are going to kill the W/L % but hitting high levels then a slump is better then hitting 50/50 and getting 55% on a couple spurts . The 50/50 guy is always tettering on a disaster IMO......Just my take...

Back