11/12/08 Wednesday NBA

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
35-22 +11.30 Units
6-6 ML's +2.65 Units

2-5 L7 so things are trending the wrong way. Going to get back on the + side today.

Clipps -6 -- Wrote in the discussion thread when I played it at 6 just to explain the good #.
Raptors -5'
Jazz -3

Leans that I haven't looked at: (going to be a big card I believe)

Nets ML
Hawks/C's Over 178
Heat if Roy is out
Lakers ML
Grizz/Knicks Over 205 (possible 1st Qtr over)
Rockets +4/ML

gl picks...i like every single one of those. was thinking about adding rockets and/or nets. i'm weary of the lakers, but my end up playin em since you, bar, and marlo all like em. think the hornets will just want this game a little more.

Good luck J, love the clips especially after they lost that game last night. Also no Martin is big as well. This team is going to be night and day different OTR.

Can't play the damn Raptors yet, but wont play the Phillies either. I still can't believe that over didnt hit for you. Jazz score 16 in the 3rd and then Philly scores 15 in the 4th.

Deron in full swing now?

Love the scheduling spot for Houston here, as well as BC's thread indicates a play..also think Houston has something to prove after getting embarrassed by Lakeshow and Boston.

Lakeshow should roll here, like I said in BAR's thread GOAT seems like he is on a mission to break the Bull's record.

Thoughts on NYK tonight. they stayed with SA last night until the 4th, Finley hit some big shots in the beginning of 4th to push that lead into DD.

Love the total here there shouldnt be an ounce of Defense being played

Little crazy right now if you have a chance send me a PM later as a reminder(in case I forget) . I have a few things I want to chat about ...Thanks and BOL

gl picks...i like every single one of those. was thinking about adding rockets and/or nets. i'm weary of the lakers, but my end up playin em since you, bar, and marlo all like em. think the hornets will just want this game a little more.

A little less in love with the lakers today than yesterday. Do like the nets and rockets still but wish that suns would have covered vs mem as it would be a strong scenario under BC's road trip thread

gotta think the blazers are satisfied with a split in florida...what 3500 miles away from home?

Honestly not really. They have more rough waters ahead. Don't have the schedule in front of me but if I remember right this is one of the more winnanle games. Won't be playing Miami regardless of Roy's status

Deron in full swing now?

Williams suggested the ankle, which he sprained Oct. 18, wasn't exactly at full strength. In fact, he said that if the Jazz hadn't lost in New York and/or Okur hadn't been out, there was no way he would have played Tuesday. "It's hard," Williams said. "I can't really explode going to the basket. I settled a lot for jumpers. It's something I just have to get used to. Every day it's gotten a lot stronger and every day I'm getting more courage to try things, to push off a little more. I think I probably can explode if I wanted to, but I'm just a little hesitant." Deseret Morning News

looked rusty last night but didn't seem to be bothered too much by the ankle.

Good luck J, love the clips especially after they lost that game last night. Also no Martin is big as well. This team is going to be night and day different OTR.

Can't play the damn Raptors yet, but wont play the Phillies either. I still can't believe that over didnt hit for you. Jazz score 16 in the 3rd and then Philly scores 15 in the 4th.

Deron in full swing now?

Love the scheduling spot for Houston here, as well as BC's thread indicates a play..also think Houston has something to prove after getting embarrassed by Lakeshow and Boston.

Lakeshow should roll here, like I said in BAR's thread GOAT seems like he is on a mission to break the Bull's record.

Main advantage to kings losing last night is that they don't go in to tonight with the feeling of invincibility. had this circled since the day the clipps best the mavs. Love it

I can believe the total didn't hit. Good pace for awhile but the sixers offense is still lost. Deon looked good last night but he wasn't looking to score much. It'll be a week or so before he's back. Admirable that the jazz won in his return game

Couple spots now that the rockets have had a chance to prove themselves. T Mac looks lost next to artest nuth I'm sure they'll figure it out soon enough. Still pondering this one

Thoughts on NYK tonight. they stayed with SA last night until the 4th, Finley hit some big shots in the beginning of 4th to push that lead into DD.

Love the total here there shouldnt be an ounce of Defense being played

Can't play the knicks on a road b2b getting only 4 points nor do I want to lay points with the grizz. Really just want to take a better look at the first quarter over once I get back to a computer. Afraid they could combine for a 40 point quarter somewhere along the way

Williams suggested the ankle, which he sprained Oct. 18, wasn't exactly at full strength. In fact, he said that if the Jazz hadn't lost in New York and/or Okur hadn't been out, there was no way he would have played Tuesday. "It's hard," Williams said. "I can't really explode going to the basket. I settled a lot for jumpers. It's something I just have to get used to. Every day it's gotten a lot stronger and every day I'm getting more courage to try things, to push off a little more. I think I probably can explode if I wanted to, but I'm just a little hesitant." Deseret Morning News

looked rusty last night but didn't seem to be bothered too much by the ankle.

Man do I feel what Deron is spitting here, its been over 2 months, and I just got back to jumping up and down on mine. Its funny because I am favoring my right ankle more than anything

Hawks TT U86'

Wizards +4'

Middling out of my Jazz bet however small the window is. Hearing rumors the Jazz may give Deron the night off, via local radio, and he's being listed as game time decision. I'll lose the juice and move on. Certainly wish I had Pinny so I could make some money out of the line move.

Highly doubt the Jazz want Deron playing a 4/5 right out of the gates and this game would make the most sense for rest. Jazz have a little revenge coming up with CHA who they lost to last year.

Some good points on the forum for a Wizards play, but to me it's worth waiting until they actually win a game rather than talk about winning one.

Spurs Under 181

Rockets +3'
If it loses I'm done with the Rockets until December.

on a cold streak so i'll edit these in rather than subjecting somebody to actually playing them with me:

Spurs +5 2nd half
C's -7' 2nd half
Grizz -5' 2nd half

Last edited:
weird night last night, I missed all of the Sac/Clips game but it looks like SAC dominated from start to finish.

Glad we were on the right side of that Houston game. Lakers dominated per usual. I don't think it stops with Detroit on Deck...

NO has some issues right now, like the boys from NO have said.

Atlanta the New Orleans of this year? I don't know if you watched any of that game, but some questionable foul calls on them are the only reason they lost....that and they shot like 50% from beyond the arc.

Toronto/Philly I can't figure out either of these teams.

Utah was in a flat spot last night, great job getting out fo that.

Spurs, im thinking we see alot of unders while TP is out.

I see you're "waiting" to post your picks until someone-that-shall-remain-nameless posts his plays...he's obviously just tailing your picks the last couple of days...

It's really disgusting, in all honesty

BOL, JP

Back