11/11/08 Tuesday

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
34-19 +13.60 Units
6-6 ML's +2.65 Units

It's tough being a Niners fan. Just thought I'd get that out of the way first. Dropped a unit back today on one game that was never going my way and ended close (indy) and another one that was going my way and ended anywhere but close (pho total). Moderate interest in Tuesday's cards, but I really despise the lack of overnight lines. Never around in the mornings when they get released so I'll get whatever's left over. Favorite play of the year is coming on Wednesday.

Bulls -3 -- Hawks with playoff revenge next night @Bos. Hawks undefeated. Hawks playing 1st of 4/5 w/out Josh Smith. Home dominated series since the Hawks became competitive. Hawks already put in to much effort against the Thunder so I expect them to save a bit to go battle the C's.

Jazz/Sixers O191 -- Sixers can't hit the broadside of a barn in their last two losses and all I've heard from them is about making shots. Had an off day on Friday and then practiced the last 3 presumably on offensive spacing and making shots.

"It's about getting used to each other," reserve guard Willie Green said. "Our spacing has been bad."

"Again," coach Maurice Cheeks said only minutes after Thursday's loss. "We have to make shots to make them pay."

Cheeks added: "When teams are making shots and you're not . . . . We played everyone on the court."

Going to see the Jazz go with a rookie center in Okur's place and he'll be in foul trouble 4 minutes into the game and Millsap will replace him. Okur's points are easily replaced with Millsap and look for AK to step up his offensive output. Sixers have shown they can score in bunches, 125(kings)and 117 (Knicks), and they think they'll iron out their offensive problems. Both teams should get to 90 with the winner in the 100's.

Whatever else I play won't be until late afternoon tomorrow before the first tips. GL to all. :cheers:

Hawks playing 1st of 4/5 w/out Josh Smith.

so also a 5/7...so game two of that..just too keep an eye on...

Was going to take tomorow off but dayum I missed this situation when I was looking through.

Putting my write-up here as his thread should get the credit when we win

J-Picks makes excellent points. This is a great spot and I have a few more points to make regarding this game.

-Don't worry about Chicago's latest loss. They were playing very well early. They just ran out of gas and leBron took over. He loves dominating this team and it shows. The Phoenix win was convincing and that made it a good weekend for them. They have worked out some early season kinks imo.

-The Rose-Gordon pairing is real nice imo. Gordon usually has slow starts but has started this year real strong. Obviously the lingering issues with the contract and this that help but he is on a mission.

-Two full days rest for Chicago compared to one for Hawks. Hawks lookahead as J-Picks said. The kicker, Chicago is in middle of big homestand before the Circus trip out West that last for two weeks. They have Dallas and Indiana after. They need these home wins before that retarded anual trip.

-Last years matchups: Home team won and covered easily.

Lets get this man. Glad I read the post:cheers:

Get to see Kosta Koufas start for the Jazz.

---An Okur clone. Maybe more athletic but doesn't want to bang down low. Another crap pick by the Jazz. Koufas will block shots though.

Chicago matches up well with ATL. A team that will run and shoot jumpers with them. Kind of like Milwaukee.

Fade Chicago against Cleveland Boston type matchups. It's easy.

Good luck j-picks. I believe most of the forum will be on the Bulls, so we're all gonna celebrate or bitch after this one.

Aren't Bulls playing first game w/out Hinrich...

Why fade my boyz right now. This is not the same old Hawks team. The lookahead factor is washed with the fact they are undefeated, probably a streak they will be trying to continue.

Haven't played them yet...but I won't play against them right now. Confidence is sky high. Bench is playing great. Winning with defense.

Thought a fight broke out in my thread when I logged on and saw all the activity. Evidently BAR just posted a link to my thread in his thread. Hilarious. I'll see if I can't sort through some of the comments in a minute.

Aren't Bulls playing first game w/out Hinrich...

Why fade my boyz right now. This is not the same old Hawks team. The lookahead factor is washed with the fact they are undefeated, probably a streak they will be trying to continue.

Haven't played them yet...but I won't play against them right now. Confidence is sky high. Bench is playing great. Winning with defense.

Hinrich didn't play against Cleveland either. Not sure how much the Bulls miss him either way in the short term as Rose and Gordon are both capable of playing 40+ minutes with Thabo picking up the rest. In the Bulls two wins this year he only average 20 minutes. Can't even begin to compare his loss to Josh Smith.

I 100% know this isn't the same Hawks team. Trust me I've seen 3 of their games already and I was behind them two years ago just thinking they should have grabbed CP3 or DWill and they'd be a serious contender. Once they picked up Bibby last year I was sure they'd play great. 7 games vs Bos? Didn't see them being that good. They've already taken two big games on the road and look like one of the top 4 teams in the East. No disrespect for them at all. Teams don't go unbeaten and this is a horrible spot for them w/out their best player. If it wasn't for the fact that the Thunder have no idea how to win games in the 4th they'd likely already have their first loss. So coupled with extended minutes vs Thunder, one day rest, a game against Chicago that looks as if both teams are fine with home court advantage, and then a rematch against the team that knocked you out of the playoffs in 7 games? Seems like the perfect time to mail it in.

That bench is also one player short with Smith out and he's likely their best defender. Think the Hawks are going to be solid all year, but hate the spot for them.

Hinrich didn't play against Cleveland either. Not sure how much the Bulls miss him either way in the short term as Rose and Gordon are both capable of playing 40+ minutes with Thabo picking up the rest. In the Bulls two wins this year he only average 20 minutes. Can't even begin to compare his loss to Josh Smith.

IMHO this is a blessing. This gives more oppurtunity for Rose to spread his wings, and for Ben to shoot. My humble opinion something was off with Hinrich in the few games I have watched him this year. His shooting had been terrible, also With Rose getting more minutes it also allows him to attack the basket, and open up the kick out, which in turn will open Rose driving to the basket and dishing...hope that made sense.

How are the shoulders feeling today boss?

Shooter--No word yet on Gordon. Doubt we'll see him though based on reports calling him very questionable.

Thanks Renew, T. :cheers:

warrior/wolves 1st quarter O52'

These guys are insulting us by continuing to line GSW home games like this. They average 61 per in the 1st quarter of all home games, 58.4 L5 including 3 road games, 57.6 over the entire year road and home combined. Wolves have played one up tempo team on the road this year (SAC) and they combined with the Kings for 63.

warrior/wolves 1st quarter O52'

These guys are insulting us by continuing to line GSW home games like this. They average 61 per in the 1st quarter of all home games, 58.4 L5 including 3 road games, 57.6 over the entire year road and home combined. Wolves have played one up tempo team on the road this year (SAC) and they combined with the Kings for 63.

Wolves are either last or bottom 5 in defensive efficiency so far this year.

This squad can push the pace, but they have to shoot well....to stay in games.

Teams that are aggresive on the glass will kill the wolves.

Wouldnt be surprised to see GSW have 85-90 FG attempts tonight

Wolves are either last or bottom 5 in defensive efficiency so far this year.

This squad can push the pace, but they have to shoot well....to stay in games.

Teams that are aggresive on the glass will kill the wolves.

Wouldnt be surprised to see GSW have 85-90 FG attempts tonight

4th to last.

IF the Warriors hit their shots in the 1st quarter this will cover. Need them to make them though. No Maggette again which is why the total has been falling.

Likely last play to finish up the card. Lakers/Mavs Under 199. Good thoughts in Tucks thread. Lakers 9-1 to the under on front end of b2b's.

^^^^ playing that as well

Capping tomorrow's card noticed you really like Clips. Tough spot for Sac in the schedule. Love the home stretch, go on the road for a game, and then come back home.

Back