7. Samuel Eto'o
6. Steven Gerrard
5. Lionel Messi
4. Thierry Henry
3. Ronaldhino
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
1. Kaka

They have to be kidding me
Rio Ferdinand??????????????????????????????????????
Albelda????????????????????????????????????????????
Lucio?????????????????????????????????????????????
Berbatov??????????????????????????????????????????
BEckham??????????????????????????????????????????

Come on......... they have to be able to do much better..........

Diego Milito
Juninho Pernambucano
Zambrotta
Diego Forlan
Fernando Belluschi
Diego
Aguero
Maxi Rodriguez.....

Isnt that magazine or site English by anuy chance??

FIFA released its player of the year award and best eleven today. And Kaka was the top name and the rest of the team are well represented on this list.

FIFPro World XI: Gianluigi Buffon (Italy/Juventus); Alessandro Nesta (Italy/AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Italy/Real Madrid), John Terry (England/Chelsea), Carles Puyol (Spain/Barcelona). Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United), Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan), Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Brazil/Barcelona)

Beckham didn't carry Madrid to the top. There were other players far more significant in the run, such as Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United), Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan),
Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona), Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea), Ronaldinho (Brazil/Barcelona)

PERFECTLY ATTACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've hated beckham since '98.....

but the man did big things in spain last season, in arguably the best league in the world.

the list is definitely not perfect, but none of them ever are. but it is a pretty interesting read.

ballack does not belong in the top 50 though.

Beckham lacks consistency to be on this list. He played well in the latter part of last season but he was nowhere near that level years before that.

Ronaldo always has to be higher, despite the fact he wasn't that great in last couple of years (actually he barely played).

That sounds unreal for any European guy, Fondy :D

But hey, not like I'm an expert in NFL either. Or especially college sports.

Really? Care to say why? He's pure class....no doubt about it.

The Nesta of mid 20s is gone. So I don't know how he can be rated this high. Same with Maldini. If you ask me, Nesta should be rated higher than Maldini who is just playing because it seems whatever he says, goes in Milan. Also I am suprised they can list those 2 higher than Nemanja Vidic??? If this list is based on last year then it is totally corrupt and all they are doing is picking off players from AC Milan's champions league run which is ridiculous.

Also, Ashley Cole.....what the hell?? Zambrotta is a far better player the past few seasons and where the hell is he? The funny thing that i find is that Roberto Ayala is the 2nd highest rated Central Defender......you have got to be joking.

This list is very bias you can see it.

oh and Gattuso, as hard working the guy is, he should not be rated higher than Cesc Fabregas. Gattuso can barely kick with his left...let alone kick a good pass! If he is playing as a defensive midfielder at least play like Essien who can score, tackle and pass

The Nesta of mid 20s is gone. So I don't know how he can be rated this high. Same with Maldini. If you ask me, Nesta should be rated higher than Maldini who is just playing because it seems whatever he says, goes in Milan. Also I am suprised they can list those 2 higher than Nemanja Vidic??? If this list is based on last year then it is totally corrupt and all they are doing is picking off players from AC Milan's champions league run which is ridiculous.

Also, Ashley Cole.....what the hell?? Zambrotta is a far better player the past few seasons and where the hell is he? The funny thing that i find is that Roberto Ayala is the 2nd highest rated Central Defender......you have got to be joking.

This list is very bias you can see it.

Milan doesn't win the CL without Nesta coming back from injury last year....I agree the list is a somewhat of a joke.

And the list is based on the opinions of journalist and editors who work for FourFourTwo, which is a very credible organization.

But it's just opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Gattuso is ranked higher than Fabregas because he's been around for about 10 years at the highest level, winning big-time championships consistently.

Cesc and Vidic have had a couple of good seasons to start their careers, but not enough to be considered true greats of the game just yet.

Gattuso is ranked higher than Fabregas because he's been around for about 10 years at the highest level, winning big-time championships consistently.

Cesc and Vidic have had a couple of good seasons to start their careers, but not enough to be considered true greats of the game just yet.

Ummmm

Yet Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, Dani Alves and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are ranked higher?

There is no consistency. The players are based on how their team performed last season. AC Milan winning CL, Man Utd winning EPL, Sevilla winning UEFA Cup, Inter winning Serie A. If you were to put the best possible starting XI, i bet you will only find a few players in the top 10 that will be listed in the XI.

I don't think you get what i'm trying to say. You say Gattuso is on the list based one what he's done over the past years. Ok so what has Zlatan Ibrahimovic done to actually solidify his place on that place ahead of Gattuso?

I said Gattuso is ranked higher than Fabregas because he's proven himself for both club and country for a consistent period, while Cesc is just breaking onto the sceen.

Zlatan, Rooney and Ronaldo are all superstars who have excelled at the domestic, European and international level, hence the high rankings.

i think the main problem with this list is we don't know what criteria they are basing it on. Are they listing the top 100 players of last season? top 100 right now? top 100 in the last few years? and where was more weight placed on: league play, champions league, international ect.....

i think the best top 100 list would be,who would you most want on your team right now if you had 1 game to play- and using that method the list is way off

Back