10/30/07--11/04/07

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Tuesday Plays
Jazz +4 (-110)
Spurs/Blazers O185.5 (-110)

Wednesday Plays

Mavs -3.5 (-110) (Shitty line I'm ending up with)
Pacers/Wiz O200 (-110)
Nuggets -6 1st Half (-110)
Nets -2 (-110) BM
Kings +9.5 (-110)
----------------------------------------

Thursday Night

Pistons -4 (-111) BM but sold a unit off at +109 so juice = -111
Jazz -3 (-110) BM (Homer play #2 of #82 as Killa would say)
Suns 1st Quarter -3 (-130)
Suns 3rd Quarter -2.5 (-115)
-------------------------------------------

Friday Night

Wizards +7.5
Wizards/Celtics O203.5
Nets/Raptors U192.5
Knicks +5.5
Orlando/Detroit U185
Pacers -7--Line is high, but it's there for a reason. Keep fading the Heat.
Lakers +9 2nd Half
-------------------------------------------

Saturday Night

Bulls -2.5 (-102)
Wiz/Magic U200 (-110)
Grizzlies -4.5 (-110)

I'll throw some thoughts in here later but for now I wanted to post these as they've both moved since I got them and will probably move some more.

JAZZ +4 (-110)
Really simple play for me. The exact same Jazz team handled the Warriors in the playoffs last year and as long as they want to continue to give the Jazz points I'll take them. Warriors lost Richardson, which happens to be the position that Jazz have the most problem defending, and will also be without the services of Stephen Jackson. Worst part about losing Richardson was that he actually led the Warriors in rebounding versus the Jazz in the playoffs. No Matt Harpring for the Jazz, but that bench is plenty deep.

SPURS/BLAZERS O185.5 (-110)
Regardless if it's the Spurs or not this line should have been at 190. Spurs aren't immune to playing over the # on openers either. Their last two openers have cleared the total and I'm expecting something in the mid 190s.

Last edited:
Utah homer play #1 of 82?

Utah should beat them, I agree. Some serious firepower missing from G.S. with Richardson and Jackson missing.

GL dude. I'm gonna focus my efforts on the next night, see if I can find a gem. Selectivity early on is the name of the game for me.

BOL this year JPicks, looks like a couple of solid picks to start off the year.

Hope to see you around to discuss.

Utah homer play #1 of 82?

Utah should beat them, I agree. Some serious firepower missing from G.S. with Richardson and Jackson missing.

GL dude. I'm gonna focus my efforts on the next night, see if I can find a gem. Selectivity early on is the name of the game for me.

Might be hard for you to find that gem without the Knicks playing huh? I'll keep a seperate record for all my Jazz plays just for you man.

BOL this year JPicks, looks like a couple of solid picks to start off the year.

Hope to see you around to discuss.

Thanks reNew. Looking forward to a great season.

Played one so far for Wednesday.

Mavs -3.5 (-110) Greek

Maybe this is the season that motherfuckers start tailing you and hopping on the money train.

Nice job as usual.

Thanks fellas. Glad I picked the two easy winners. Going to be a long season of close calls and mooses.

Adding Wiz/Pacers O200.

I think I'd probably rather have the Wizards +1 then the O200, but in the end they're pretty close to the same play. I hate laying points with crappy road teams on the road and consequently I couldn't lay the 2 1/2 with the Wizards. Game should be somewhat exciting as the Pacers will run this year and the Wizards have never been bashful when it comes to pushing the ball.

Thanks ETG.

Nuggets -6 1st Half (-110)

Probably be my last play before the first game tips off tonight. I love the Nuggets tonight, but they have no bench. Nene might play with limited minutes, Camby is limited, two backup PG's to Iverson are hurt and the list goes on. Until the Nuggets get some guys healthy again I'm not counting on them to cover DD's. The Sonics on the other hand probably has a second unit that is as good as the first unit. Unfortunately neither unit is great for them.

63-52 halftime score and the Nuggs coast to victory in the 2nd half.

gonna be on both- lets cash

You guys (warrior fans) going to live on that picture forever? :) AK created a few of his own posters last night. GL SF.

ADDED AGAIN:

Kings +9.5 (-110) BM
Nets -2 (-110) BM

Gotta leave the computer now before I find anything else I might like.

You guys (warrior fans) going to live on that picture forever? :) AK created a few of his own posters last night. GL SF.

ADDED AGAIN:

Kings +9.5 (-110) BM
Nets -2 (-110) BM

Gotta leave the computer now before I find anything else I might like.

heh BOL tonight, but me thinks a Baron facial poster might sell a bit more than an AK poster

heck, I bet some people on Utah secretly have this poster in their rooms

can you sell me on Sacramento? I understand it's probably a fade of New Orleans as huge faves when they shouldn't really be to anyone, but what makes Sacramento any good?

It's mainly a fade of the Hornets being a big favorite. Overaction to Bibby and Artest being out. Bottom line the Hornets haven't played much together as Peja was out most of last year and Peterson is new to the system. West being out is going to hurt them and it's a big # to cover. I'd give them about a 20-25% chance of winning straight up.

Thursday Night ADD:

Pistons -4 (-110) BM 2 Units

One unit is because I like it and one is because B.A.R. had a great write-up on it. You can still get it at Bookmaker right now.

Thanks Renew. Does seem to be a big favorite. Nothing like playing road fav after road fav.

SOLD out one of my Detroit Units at +109 at MB.

Still think it's a solid play, but not worthy of two units.

Jazz -3 (-110) BM (Homer play #2 of #82 as Killa would say)
Suns 1st Quarter -3 (-130)
Suns 3rd Quarter -2.5 (-115)

Last edited:
WADR, "a class team in the West" should be able to hang more than 20 in the 2Q and 17 in the 3Q, shouldn't be giving up 33 in ANY quarter to Houston, and shouldn't be getting their asses kicked by dd at home.

WADR, "a class team in the West" should be able to hang more than 20 in the 2Q and 17 in the 3Q, shouldn't be giving up 33 in ANY quarter to Houston, and shouldn't be getting their asses kicked by dd at home.

Yeah, you're right. It's good to draw whole scale conclusions based on such a large sample size.

You're the one that brought up them being "a class team in the West", not me. That's a pretty small sample you're drawing from to make that statement, as well, friend.

You're the one that brought up them being "a class team in the West", not me. That's a pretty small sample you're drawing from to make that statement, as well, friend.

I do think they are a class team in the west. I think they are one of the 4 or 5 teams that have a legitimate shot of coming out. You don't agree? A team that made it to the Western Conference Finals last year with no real downgrades and a team spearheaded by a young and improving pg in Deron Williams.

It's an 82 game season. I expect the best teams to struggle against the worst and vice versa. I didn't base my statement on their play this season seeing that it's been 1 game versus GS and a 2nd game vs Houston.

They need to show me more than they have for sure in the first 8Q they've played (granted, I wasn't able to physically watch tonights game). IMO, they should have throttled both these teams. I'm not sold on the jazz. They have a lot of proving to do before they deserve to be backed by any more of my money.

What am I saying? This is the first and last night of NBA I'm playing this year. The NBA is almost as shady as the Sun Belt...

Personal recap of HOU/UTA

Bottom line: Utah turnovers combined with a hot Tracy McGrady doomed a Jazz team that thought they were unbeatable after being up 15 in the 1st. McGrady's 47 were more than legitimate as he "only" took 27 shots to get them. It was a game he had to step up in as Yao hit the bench early with 3 fouls and was never a factor in the game. For some reason, which I'll never know, Sloan decided to sit Brewer for an extended time and T-Mac scorched Giricek and Miles. Sloan has a little bit of Phil Jackson in him when it comes to playing situations that he knows aren't going to help at the time, but will benefit the team later. It's extremely frustrating as a fan to watch though. For the Rockets I was very impressed with Luis Scola and the defense that Alston and James played. As a team they shot 49% which was aided by McGrady's great night. Minus McGrady they shoot 41%. In the end there are a handful of NBA players that can get hot and personally beat any team, anywhere. Have to tip your hat to McGrady and move on. Just wonder where that game is during the playoffs every year. He's the A-Rod of the NBA.

Couselor--I don't know what to tell you man. I think the Jazz are one of the class teams of the west myself and to say that because of 2 quarters in one game they aren't is kind of absurd. What team hasn't had two bad quarters of basketball? You say they haven't show you anything in the first 8 Qtrs they've played? What more did you want them to do against Golden State? A 21 point road victory over a team you beat in the playoffs is pretty convincing I'd hope.

In the end it would probably just be a little classier if you didn't post that your Jazz fade train is about to gain steam when they are down 15 while I have an open bet on them. No hard feelings either way.

Couselor--I don't know what to tell you man. I think the Jazz are one of the class teams of the west myself and to say that because of 2 quarters in one game they aren't is kind of absurd. What team hasn't had two bad quarters of basketball? You say they haven't show you anything in the first 8 Qtrs they've played? What more did you want them to do against Golden State? A 21 point road victory over a team you beat in the playoffs is pretty convincing I'd hope.

In the end it would probably just be a little classier if you didn't post that your Jazz fade train is about to gain steam when they are down 15 while I have an open bet on them. No hard feelings either way.

No hard feelings jp. I had the open bet, too. Just not posted. At the time, looked to me that the writing was on the wall (albeit I was following via Gamecast). No disrespect meant. I apologize for that.

I think it's best to let this die here. Doesn't matter what I feel, and it will only cause hard feelings. I don't wan that. I wish no ill will on you or the jazz and hope your squad does well this year...

Personal recap of HOU/UTA

Bottom line: Utah turnovers combined with a hot Tracy McGrady doomed a Jazz team that thought they were unbeatable after being up 15 in the 1st. McGrady's 47 were more than legitimate as he "only" took 27 shots to get them. It was a game he had to step up in as Yao hit the bench early with 3 fouls and was never a factor in the game. For some reason, which I'll never know, Sloan decided to sit Brewer for an extended time and T-Mac scorched Giricek and Miles. Sloan has a little bit of Phil Jackson in him when it comes to playing situations that he knows aren't going to help at the time, but will benefit the team later. It's extremely frustrating as a fan to watch though. For the Rockets I was very impressed with Luis Scola and the defense that Alston and James played. As a team they shot 49% which was aided by McGrady's great night. Minus McGrady they shoot 41%. In the end there are a handful of NBA players that can get hot and personally beat any team, anywhere. Have to tip your hat to McGrady and move on. Just wonder where that game is during the playoffs every year. He's the A-Rod of the NBA.

This game could've been summed up with a lot less effort....

THE REVENGE MCGRADY HAS BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE MAY. :pillow:

What's on tap for tomorrow boss?

Tell me why the O204 in Boston isn't a winner.

Friday Action:

Wizards +7.5
Wizards/Celtics O203.5
Nets/Raptors U192.5
Knicks +5.5
Orlando/Detroit U185
Pacers -7--Line is high, but it's there for a reason. Keep fading the Heat.
Lakers +9 2nd Half -105

Leans:

Bobcats Over
Warriors -- Almost guranteed to be a play.
Hawks/Hawks Over
Detroit Under
Spurs Over

Last edited:
Adding two Saturday Plays:

Bulls -2.5
Magic/Wiz U200
Grizzlies -4.5
Dallas 1st QTR -4.5 (-115)
Dallas 1st QTR -4.5 (-115)

Last edited:
Back