1/24/09 - Mosley vs Margarito

Aztec4Life

Montezuma Mesa Survivor
Any thoughts on this fight, fellas? Where you at Throwback420?

I'm tempted to throw a little cash on...

Mosley +560 (winning by a 12 Round Decision)

We all know Mosley is a great boxer (whereas Margarito is more of a brawler). As long as he doesn't allow Antonio to pull him in to a brawl, it could very well go the distance, and that would favor the quicker fighter Mosley, at least in my opinion.

:shake:

I don't feel like the value is going to get any better than this, so I just made a small play on...

Mosley +609 (winning by a 12 Round Decision) [0.6 Units]

I definitely favor Margarito in this fight, and honestly, he's one of my favorite fighters in the game right now. Having said that, I can't pass up the value here. If Mosley wins, and Sugar Shane does have a fighting chance, he will win by a decision...NO WAY will he knock out Margarito, who is way too tough to get dropped, especially by Mosley. If (and it's a big if) Mosley sticks and moves, and utilized his speed in this match, this will be a very live bet. If he stands toe to toe with Margarito, this fight might not last 6 rounds.

Fight is this weekend...can't wait!

:cheers:

Marquito fights aliens for a living, Mosley is out of his league.

margarito014_448319437.jpg

Mosely has never lost to a Mexican fighter before. The home crowd will be with Shane since he lives in California. Mosley has the longer reach and better hand speed. Mosley will have Nazim has his trainer for the first tieme . This is also B. Hopkins trainer.I thought the line is outrageous seeing Margarito as 430 favorite. Margarito will get hit but has a strong chin. If it turns into a brawl , Margarito will win but Mosely can outbox Margarito for sure. Excellent value catching + 380 Mosely.

Interesting link when both fighters were interviewed.

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=17062

One question to Margarito was :

Q: I wanted you to talk about what you believe is your ultimate advantage in this fight against Mosley. Where do you match up best? And then secondly do you see any signs that his skills are deteriorating through age or whatever?

Antonio Margarito: I really don’t see that I have any advantages anywhere against him, I just think that my preparation, the way I work, the way I always come prepared for fights, that will carry me over. I know what I need to do to win fights and I always come to do that. They say Mosley is old and all of this I really don’t see it. I think he’s a great champion, I think he’s a great fighter and I’m not going to underestimate him. I know what he’s done and I’m coming in prepared because I believe this is my moment, this is my time to shine

If anything they will draw this fight out to the end to give the public a chance to like Mosley again. Mosley probably worked out an agreement the same way Oscar worked out with Mayweather. Don't pound me into the ground and make the fight go the distance. Never know what boxing agreements are up to, thus the reason everyone switching to MMA.

Spartan - I think Mosley never losing to a Mexican fighter is completely irrelevant, no matter how you look at it. Also, from my experience, Mexican fans are often more vocal and show up in greater numbers to support their fighters, so I doubt the crowd will go nuts for Mosley. It's tough not to like a guy who fights with as much heart as Margarito does, who I can confidently label a fan-favorite.

Having said that, I agree 100% that Mosley has the superior hand speed/boxing skills. The value is definitely on Mosley's side, but I still favor Margarito. His power and will alone could dictate the fight. We'll see.

damn this fight is only a few days away and i havent seen the hbo 24/7 yet.

time to check out the old digital tv guide and tivo that shit.

From what I've observed, Margarito is a bad matchup for the smaller-stockier guys because he is so long. He does however struggle more with boxers who are similiarly long like him, such as Paul Williams.

Mosely is about 5'9 but has superior quickness in hand speed and foot speed.
Besides Cotto, the only other opponents who have wins over Mosley are the 5'11" Winky Wright and Vernon Forrest, who stands nearly 6'0".

Still, I don't think Mosely takes down the machine but betting Mosely is certainly worth the value.

Margarito is undefeated in his last 30+ fights spanning nearly 13 years against fighters under 6'0". While nobody will confuse the free swinging Margarito’s style with Forrest and Wright’s technical boxing, Antonio throws more punches per round then anybody Mosley has faced during his 16-year professional fighting career.

played 4 units on Mosely ml... too much value here folks... think this one goes to the cards and its 50/50 IMO... mosley plus money is the play:smiley_acbe:

So much for Margarito's steel chin. Should've just bet on Mosley straight up. Ah well. . congrats to all Mosley backers!

No doubt, that was Mosely,s best career performance. He punished Margarito soundly. What an excellent game plan the trainer Nazim had in place for Mosely.
Looking back, to make Magarito a 4-1 choice was a bad line. I think the public bought into a aging fighter who was mixed up with steroids was on his way out. The line never did budge much til the match began . Easy money only regret, I should of hammered it. Opportunties like this don,t come too often.

MArg even tried to cheat and shit and still got his ass kicked. Cheaters never prosper, he is done in the boxing arena

Lol i knew that marg was putting shit in his gloves to cheat luckly the refs caught him before he could have killed mosley with one punch.

:36_1_23:

MArg even tried to cheat and shit and still got his ass kicked. Cheaters never prosper, he is done in the boxing arena

Cotto should be at home really pissed off. Who is to say he didn't cheat for that fight?

<H2>'Plaster-like substance' found on wraps
Comment Email Print
<CITE class=source>By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive </CITE>
<!-- begin story body -->LOS ANGELES -- Welterweight titleholder Antonio Margarito was forced to re-wrap his hands before Saturday night's defense against Shane Mosley at Staples Center after Mosley trainer Nazim Richardson discovered an abnormality during the pre-fight inspection.
"It was a plaster-like substance," Golden Boy Promotions attorney Stephen Espinoza told ESPN.com. "It was bagged up by the commission and taken as evidence."
Espinoza said that Dean Lohuis, co-executive director of the California State Athletic Commission, said it was discovered under both of Margarito's wraps.
Margarito's camp could not be reached for comment.
Richardson originally had objected to the amount of tape on Margarito's hands and when it was removed, the foreign substance was discovered, Espinoza said.
Richardson, who trains Bernard Hopkins, had also objected to Felix Trinidad's hand wraps before their historic 2001 undisputed middleweight championship fight. Trinidad was forced to have his hands re-wrapped and Hopkins went on to knock him out in the 12th round to unify titles.
</H2>

That's what Lampley was suggesting. Could be true, but it's the refs responsibility to control that shit.

My thinking is:

Do you really try to put some crap on your hands for the first time in the Title match of your career? Or, have you been getting away with this and were confident that no one would discover the crap.

A) 1st time +300
B) Multiple - 400

Back