1/17/08 Thoughts/plays

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
nobody is going to like this one....

Celtics -6.5

I get it. The Celtics have struggled on the road, have some look ahead games to worry about all while the nets win every game they're dogged in and lose every game they are favored. Oh ya and the C's just pounded the hell out of this team. This is a classic JP spot to hit the Nets. Not happening today though. The C's schedule is very tough heading to the ASG. @MIA, @ORL, DAL, SAC, @DET, MIN, @PHI, LAL, @NYK, SAS, @NOR, @DAL. Only Sacramento and Minny would be considered sure things at this point. Don't look now but the C's are third in the EC behind both Orlando and Cleveland.

Celtics finally played two home games b2b and then got 2 days off after those home games. Think it probably refueled them. Going against everything I typically do and playing the C's here.

Played the Nuggets at a PK for a couple of units. Killa pretty much summed up my thoughts in the discussion thread. Had this one marked since the schedules came out and it couldn't have turned out much better getting to this point. Tough to fade the Magic right now, but I can't ignore the situation. Enjoy the elevation fellas.

Sixers -1 Are the Sixers on fire? yes. Do I want to play them the night after they knock off the Spurs? no. Do they have any room to pat themselves on the back? no. Sixers own this series and they have to continue to win these games. I'll take them in what is pretty much a pk em situation. If Elton Brand does indeed play and the line jumps to a 3 I'll likely bail on the play. I want no part of betting on the Sixers when EB comes back. They should put a bow on him and ship him back to the Clippers.

Eddy Curry's knee is feeling better. Yo Eddy stay off your knees and you'll be fine bro.

Other games of interest.

Blazers/Hornets/Spurs/Bucks

Pretty much all the road chalks look good today. Take that Killa.

Loved the jazz today once they lost to the Thunder, but w/out millsap they are EXTREMELY thin. Line has already gone from 3 to 5 and quite frankly I think they'll probably lose by DD's at the moment. Haven't decided if I'll play the Mavs, but it'd be the only side I'd play in that game.

dammit!!! well i'll likely be on denver as well but i was looking at the cats today, and as you know on the nets---the other 3 road chalks would probably be the only way i'd play em. gl with the sixers and nuggs

Hey JP, totally agree with your assessment on the 6ers with EB in the lineup. They tend to underperform when he is back. Im sure the public will push this line im lookin to fade the 6ers if it moves to 3

BOL today JP, i was tempted by the C's as well. Like the Sixers play, Knicks running into the wrong team at the wrong time. David Lee though... boys on fire.

oh and get with the program, its '09.

BOL today JP, i was tempted by the C's as well. Like the Sixers play, Knicks running into the wrong team at the wrong time. David Lee though... boys on fire.

oh and get with the program, its '09.

doh. stupid 09. honestly just surprised this is the first time that's happened. speaking of getting with the program I'm not sure if the Nets realized it was a 1 pm start.

Back