1-11-07

SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
The world have forever changed again...Death to Pinny!! Going to have make some changes.....as well as update my record.....

10:30
Cleveland @ Pho

One thing I feel I will not rely on here is past meetings. First the most recent meetings in early 2006 were missing Amare and Hughes. The other meetings in early 2004 just seem to be different teams.

The past 16 games the Suns are 13-3 UNDER. In ten of those games the opponent did not score 100 pts(six didnt hit 88) , 101 on 3 occassions , 102 and 105 plus the Wiz OT game. The 102 & 105 were recent games against two of the worst defensive teams who play run and gun ball Seattle and GS. An earlier 101 was also GS whil ethe other 101's were @ Dallas & @ Det in close games.

There is truth in the fact the winner can determine the total winner. Its easy to believe that if PHO covers it will go Under but tougher to imagine Cle covering / winning and an Under.....basically its tough to imagine anything less then 103 at home vs Pho...

If you read alot of what these teams are saying they are talking about DEFENSE.

The Suns also played better defensively, limiting the SuperSonics to 14 points in the third quarter to take control of the game. "I think we were just talking a lot better on defense," Marion said. "We were limiting them to one shot, then getting out and playing Suns basketball."

When one of their best stretches in an outstanding season was over, the Cavs had made a 42-12 run -- and they were much more proud of the 12 than the 42.

You have to realize that chances are we dont see alot of FT attempts and that certainly not a Cle strong point. Cleveland allows 31% from three point land. Which can obviously cut into Pho scoring if they can cut down on the Suns outlook. You have to believe if Cle is to win it will be due to defense.

For all the road games the Cavs have played they have 4 totals set in the 190's and two in the low 200's. The 200 totals in Tor and mIlw played UNDER...Milw played well Under as Milw failed to hit 90 . The 193 and 199's in NY and in Char played Under. The 196.5 in Wash played Over with 210 pts and the 195 in Sac played over at 208 with helps from a close game that saw 14 pts in the final 75 seconds..(94-90 1:14 to go). Think about how Wash and Sac both teams who play PHO type basketball had much lower totals and PHO is better defensively then them...

The Cavs rarely break 200 let alone 210 and while most would be suprised that few PHO games lately cracked 200 let alone 210...

You can see Clevelands shots per game is inflated due to offensive rebounding and they get few fast break pts per game. Its shooting pct as low as it is gets boosted from its offensive rebounding cause it allows for easy put backs. one thing Amare said they focus on is one and done for there opponent......

You can see why any Suns game could go over but I think the fair number here was 205. Suns are 12-6 UNDER at Home. Golden State , Wash , Sac and Milw the only home overs since the first 3 games of the home schedule..Of 8 home games vs the EAST at home six went under...

last yr this meeting was set @ 205.5 without key defensive players...

UNDER 210 Pho {6units} Win +6.
Under 106 -110 1st H {5units} -5.50
Under 109.5 -11o Suns team {2units} +2.
under 103.5 -110 2nd H {7units} +7.00

Last edited:
Time is short ...

Over 190 -110 Bulls {4units} -4.4
Over 98.5 -120 Bulls team {2units} -2.4
Bulls -6.5 -110 {4units} -4.4
Bulls -4 -120 1st H {1unit} +1.

What did in Chi in the last meeting was NJ 44 FT attempts and Chipathetic 13 of 24 from the FT line.....even with NJ at only 70% it still was +18 at the line in a game decided by 6 points.

Bottomline is while NJ is playing better and covered versus Cle it was due to inept FT shooting as well. Bulls in a mini-slump losing 4 of 5 but I like they way matchup versus NJ and they held NJ to below 40 shooting at the MEadowlands which should nake it difficult here for them

See no reason why Bulls dont score 100 and NJ doesnt crack 90...

Last edited:
Its marginal I would expect anywhere from 90-98...my guess ws 92 1st H points...I was thinking about waiting till half but just said screw it...

When your going bad...u get no breaks...2 buckets in the final 7 seconds before half.......

2nd H : Under 103.5 -110 {7units}

This game is a blowout and going alot like I expected. Unfortunately I was hoping for a more flat 1st H....I dont fore see Cle coming back and disgusted for not playing PHO here...I cant thank Pinny here for a bad day and forcing me into decisions I didnt want to make....

ill tickle the under 104 here

good lord...this whole pinny debacle has fucked me wit the lines...ive been scrambling all day...shopping lines was a must...now it just got alot harder

:(

was going to pass on everything today just because ive been so drained by this whole pinnacle mess, but couldnt resist and added two late plays, both looking absolutely terrible lol, figures the way this day has gone.

It's sad how lost you feel when your reduced to having to play lines with -110/-120 juice that are 1/2 pt or 1 point worse then the market.....

Really fucked me up on that total in Chi...I wanted to see out till halftime was worried...

Sick part Was Dan I absolutely agreed 100% with your logic that for an Under Suns had to cover.....Suns are playing great ball right now and Iwas all set to play them but just get disgusted...

yup...cashed on under and cavs 2nd half but damn...paid more then i wanted to

i have a feelin there will be more sick days ahead gettin used to the new lines and vig

gl nut...better times ahead

SportsNut said:
Sick part Was Dan I absolutely agreed 100% with your logic that for an Under Suns had to cover.....Suns are playing great ball right now and Iwas all set to play them but just get disgusted...

tell me about it Nut, had a pm to somebody here with a projection of 110-93 suns with 1H over and whole game under and ended up losing money on this game somehow, we need to chat and get this problem/issue we seem to continually have resolved LOL :cheers:

Back