08playoffs SERIES discussion. who upsets who?who clobbers who?+Predictions?

Master P

Pretty much a regular
THE MATCHUPS

EAST

1-BOSTON CELTICS
8-ATLANTA HAWKS

2-DETROIT PISTONS
7-PHILLY SIXERS

3-ORLANDO MAGIC
6-TORONTO RAPTORS

4-CLEVELAND CAVS
5-WASHINGTON WIZ

WEST

1-LA LAKERS
8-DENVER NUGGETS

2-NO HORNETS
7-DALLAS MAVS

3-SA SPURS
6-PHO SUNS

4-UTAH JAZZ
5-HOUSTON ROCKETS
*rockets get home court advantage if im not mistaken

IF ANYONE GETS THE EARLY SERIES LINES, FEEL FREE TO POST

WHO UPSETS? WHO GETS CLOBBERED?

SERIES PREDICTIONS?

DISCUSS :cheers:

i like all the top seeds in the east. West, I think Spurs, Jazz, get upset first round.

Celts over Hawks in 5
Pistons over 76ers in 4
Magic over Raptors in 7
Cavs over Wizards in 7

Lakers over Nugs in 5
Hornets over Mavs in 6
Suns over Spurs in 6
Rockets over Jazz in 5

Random thoughts and a lil picks part two

ATLvCELTS
*there's a reason the hawks brought in bibby, to bring his playoff experience and knock in clutch shots but will it be enough
*upseting the favorite? hmm yeah hawks upset celts by one game maybe, not the series, just one game and that's a big maybe

DETvPhilly
*everyone knows pistons are probably the most rested team going into the playoffs and the philly is on a four game losing streak going into the playoffs, you know who takes the series

CLEvs WAS
*rematch of the playoffs before, remember LBJ's winning layup?
*I read somewhere that the wiz wants a piece of the cavs in the playoffs, they got what they wished for, how healthy are the wiz w/ arenas and butler? will inexperience kids like mason jr, young, blatche affect them?
*for the cavs, question is team chemistry and sasha's health, have they gelled together after the big trade, how healthy will sasha be when he returns
*dunno who takes the series, but dog certainly has a live shot

TORvsMagic
*i read somewhere that raps wants orlando in the playoffs, they also got what they wanted
*van gundy has done a real good job w/ the magic, they are w/o cook and battie though (you know they need these two to stop bosh), a lot of kids for them too, will inexperience affect them?
*raps are probably the deeper team, and mitchell knows of it feels to be upset, maybe he has some tricks to upset the fav this time
* dunno who wins but raps have live shot here

Be Back w/ random thoughts on west

THE MATCHUPS

EAST

1-BOSTON CELTICS
8-ATLANTA HAWKS

Boston in 4

2-DETROIT PISTONS
7-PHILLY SIXERS

Detroit in 5

3-ORLANDO MAGIC
6-TORONTO RAPTORS

Orlando in 6

4-CLEVELAND CAVS
5-WASHINGTON WIZ

Cleveland in 7

WEST

1-LA LAKERS
8-DENVER NUGGETS

Lakers in 5

2-NO HORNETS
7-DALLAS MAVS

Mavs in 7

3-SA SPURS
6-PHO SUNS

Spurs in 7

4-UTAH JAZZ
5-HOUSTON ROCKETS

Utah in 6

SERIES PREDICTIONS?

Predictions in bold

Random Thought:

The Nugs are the worst defensive team in the playoffs hands down and w/ LAL's great ball movement they should drop 150 a game on Denver.

Who's gonna guard Kobe? JR? lol......

I will write the thoughts later, but this is my scenario...

THE MATCHUPS

EAST

1-BOSTON CELTICS 4 - 1 or 4 - 2 (depends who wins game number one)
8-ATLANTA HAWKS

2-DETROIT PISTONS 4 - 1
7-PHILLY SIXERS

3-ORLANDO MAGIC 4 - 3
6-TORONTO RAPTORS

4-CLEVELAND CAVS 4 - 3 (can't decide which way though)
5-WASHINGTON WIZ

WEST

1-LA LAKERS
8-DENVER NUGGETS

2-NO HORNETS 2 - 4
7-DALLAS MAVS

3-SA SPURS 0 - 4 (maybe Stern help them to win a game - just maybe)
6-PHO SUNS

4-UTAH JAZZ
5-HOUSTON ROCKETS

Does anyone think that Kidd can guard CP? I see Paul owning Kidd's ass up and down the floor.

Dampier trying to get out on that pick/roll.......scares me if I was Dallas.

No chance for Kidd to guard CP3, none what so ever. But, expirience has its advantages and Howard can simply own Peja...

THE MATCHUPS

EAST

1-BOSTON CELTICS
8-ATLANTA HAWKS

2-DETROIT PISTONS
7-PHILLY SIXERS

3-ORLANDO MAGIC
6-TORONTO RAPTORS

4-CLEVELAND CAVS
5-WASHINGTON WIZ

WEST

1-LA LAKERS
8-DENVER NUGGETS

2-NO HORNETS
7-DALLAS MAVS

3-SA SPURS
6-PHO SUNS

4-UTAH JAZZ
5-HOUSTON ROCKETS

SERIES PREDICTIONS?

Celtics have no problem with the Hawks. Atlanta is just happy to be here.

I could see the Sixers taking the Pistons to the limit, and maybe even coming through with an upset. However I think Detroit has played below their potential this season and is going to turn it up in the postseason. Detroit in 6 if I had to guess.

No opinon on Magic/Raptors.

Agent Zero was right to want the Cavaliers. The Wizards are going to win this series.

Lakers take care of Denver.

Hornets beat Dallas in 6.

Suns beat the Spurs in 6.

Jazz over Houston in 5.

I've been calling out for the Raps to get the Magic and phew good thing they did.

Raps match up fairly well with the Magic and I can honestly see this be a close encounter. Key for Toronto is to protect home court. I think Magic have that tendency to be lazy on their home court and have been a surprisingly good road team.

Bosh and Howard always light up the scores when they meet but I do expect Toronto's bench to play a big part. Tip my hat to Van Gundy though, he's really assembled an interesting shooting game that could either be the winning or losing factor for his team.

Orlando a good sleeper because they can drain the 3 and have a dominant big inside. Their pg play is so bad tho. Put Calderon on Magic and I think they would be in the Boston/Detroit Convo to win the east. Too bad he plays for raps.

divol said:
1-BOSTON CELTICS 4 - 1 or 4 - 2 (depends who wins game number one)
8-ATLANTA HAWKS

Interesting ... so you wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta win Game 1? Does this mean you will be taking them with the points?

Bos- 6000
Atl+3000

Det-1200
76ers+700

Orl-300
TOr+220

Cle-130
Was-even

La Lakers-800
Den+500

No-170
Dal+140

Spurs-155
Suns+125

Utah-220
Hou+170

Orlando has awful guard play, can't pick them to go far.

Wizards over the Cavs. The Wiz are fired up. LeBron might get his 40 but what else can that team do? Who knows with the Cavs.

Suns over Spurs. I hate the Spurs right now. Everyone keeps on saying now is there time to turn it up but I don't buy it one fucking bit.

Mavericks over Hornets. This should be an interesting series and the Kidd guarding CP3 points are well taken. Mavericks are experienced though and if they can get it going, they should be a top tier team. But again, who knows with this bunch.

I like the Sixers to take the Pistons to the limit and could see the upset but I won't call it.

Lakers and Nuggets could get ugly. I see a sweep. Kobe going to Colorado, love it!

I wonder what Byron has been doing the last few games. It seems like he and CP3 have been purposefully not showing their offense in the 1H of games... Minus the Mavs game, we came out in the 1st quarter to play, but other times I'd see Chris Paul just bidding his time and not even attacking the basket and just looking to pass.

I'm so confused about what the hell is going to happen in this series but Im just glad we got a team with a lack of depth in the front court. Dirk looked awful trying to step out on CP3 after Paul got a screen and CP3 should have plenty of room to operate from there. I do not like Bass on the other side because he's going to want to keep showing up the Hornets.

Definitely concerned if our defense is going to be playing like it has lately heading into this game.

Also bold prediction: while the Lakers are in Denver, a girl gets mysteriously raped.

Interesting ... so you wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta win Game 1? Does this mean you will be taking them with the points?

I believe that if there any chance for the Hawks to win a game in Boston, it will be game number 1. Atlanta will come with most of their faith and energy and Boston still be in the regular season mode in their mind a bit, since they are that clear of a favorite. Points don't have value I think. The line is too high and I thought it will be between 10 - 11 points only but still, Boston are more than capable of winning by 20+ points, if they will have their minds set to the game. Celtics can win by a close game after waking up in the second half, but still, the odds in the line are too small. On the other hand, a small wager for Hawks ML can pay off big time.

EAST

1-BOSTON CELTICS --- Boston in 5
8-ATLANTA HAWKS

2-DETROIT PISTONS ----- motown in 6 but im rooting for the 6ers lol
7-PHILLY SIXERS

3-ORLANDO MAGIC ---------- This one goes 7 and its a toss up
6-TORONTO RAPTORS

4-CLEVELAND CAVS ------------ Wiz in 4 to 5 games
5-WASHINGTON WIZ

WEST

1-LA LAKERS -------- Lakers in 5
8-DENVER NUGGETS

2-NO HORNETS ---------- Mavs in 6
7-DALLAS MAVS

3-SA SPURS ----- Suns in 5
6-PHO SUNS

4-UTAH JAZZ ------- Utah in 7 but I honestly think Utah dominates
5-HOUSTON ROCKETS

:shake:

So you saying that Utah will celebrate again in Toyota Center in game 7th? If that is the case, it will be simply amazing.
I hope you are right about Lakers. Denver scares be a bit... Agree with all your picks though, besides the Utah - Houston series - can go either way... :)

So you saying that Utah will celebrate again in Toyota Center in game 7th? If that is the case, it will be simply amazing.
I hope you are right about Lakers. Denver scares be a bit... Agree with all your picks though, besides the Utah - Houston series - can go either way... :)

I think Utah could kill em the but for some reason i have a weird feeling tmac advances but Utah should kill em.

and yeah Nugz are scary but I like that they play soft D cuz we all know Lakers can put up points. The x factor for the Nugz imo is Kenyon when he is on it seems like they play better.

If lakers contain the nugz bigs, dont let AI drive and get easy buckets and play average perimeter D they should roll with ease.

I was hoping that Warriors would advance. Don't think they had any chance against the Lakers. The good news are that if Lakers go past Nuggets, they play Utah or even better, Houston.
If the Finals will be Shaq - Kobe it would just be great or a heart break for Lakers fans to see Shaq eliminate them (I really hope it won't be the case, rather lose in the first round than to Shaq to be honest)...

For some reason Houston scares me the most out of any team in the west I dont know why but they always seem to beat the lakers. I think the Lakers own utah and the jazz no it I have no problem playing them.

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while. Good to see you.

1-BOSTON CELTICS
8-ATLANTA HAWKS
BOSTON 4-1

2-DETROIT PISTONS
7-PHILLY SIXERS
DETROIT 4-0

3-ORLANDO MAGIC
6-TORONTO RAPTORS
ORLANDO 4-2

4-CLEVELAND CAVS
5-WASHINGTON WIZ
WASHINGTON 4-3

WEST

1-LA LAKERS
8-DENVER NUGGETS
LA LAKERS 4-1

2-NO HORNETS
7-DALLAS MAVS
NO HORNETS 4-2

3-SA SPURS
6-PHO SUNS
SA SPURS 4-3

4-UTAH JAZZ
5-HOUSTON ROCKETS
JAZZ 4-2

-Franky

Does anyone think that Kidd can guard CP? I see Paul owning Kidd's ass up and down the floor.

Dampier trying to get out on that pick/roll.......scares me if I was Dallas.

JKidd last seen still looking for CP3 somewhere in French Quarter......old balls cant hang.

Back