2007 Season:
CFB ATS: 79-76-5, -3.675 units
CFB ML: 2-4, -1.708 units
CFB O/U: 29-26-0, +0.900 units
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 110-106-5, -4.483 units

'07/'08 Bowl Season:
20-13-1, +3.00 units

I'll keep track of all my bowl plays in this first post...updating it over the coming weeks...but also i'll post them in future posts, for tracking purposes as well as for discussion/reasoning.

Poinsettia Bowl, 12/20
Utah (-8) over Navy (-110) for 1 unit L

New Orleans Bowl, 12/21
Florida Atlantic (-3) over Memphis (-110) for 1.5 units W

Papa Johns Bowl, 12/22
Cincinnati (-11) over So Mississippi (-110) for 1.5 units L

New Mexico Bowl, 12/22
New Mexico (-2.5) over Nevada (-110) for 1 unit W

Las Vegas Bowl, 12/22
UCLA (+7) over BYU (-120) for 1/2 a unit W

Hawaii Bowl, 12/23
Boise St (-10.5) over East Carolina (-110) for 1.5 units L

Motor City Bowl, 12/26
Purdue/Central Michigan over 72 (-110) for 1/2 a unit W

Holiday Bowl, 12/27
Arizona St (+1.5) over Texas (-110) for 1.5 units L

Champs Sports Bowl, 12/28
Boston College (-5) over Michigan St (-110) for 1 unit L

Texas Bowl, 12/28
Houston (+7) over TCU (-120) for 1/2 a unit T

Emerald Bowl, 12/28
Maryland (+5) over Oregon St (-110) for 1 unit L

Meineke Car Care Bowl, 12/29
Connecticut (+3) over Wake Forest (-110) for 1.5 units L

Liberty Bowl, 12/29
Central Florida (-3) over Mississippi St (-110) for 1/2 a unit L

Alamo Bowl, 12/29
Penn St/Texas A&M under 51.5 (-110) for 1 unit W

Independence Bowl, 12/30
Alabama (-3.5) over Colorado (-110) for 1 unit W

Armed Forces Bowl, 12/31
Air Force (+3.5) over California (-110) for 1.5 units L

Sun Bowl, 12/31
Oregon/South Florida over 52 (-110) for 1 unit W

Chick-Fil-A Bowl, 12/31
Auburn/Clemson under 47.5 (-110) for 1 unit W

Music City Bowl, 12/31
Kentucky (-3) over Florida St (-115) for 2 units W

Humanitarian Bowl, 12/31
Fresno St (+6) over Georgia Tech (-110) for 1/2 a unit W

Insight Bowl, 12/31
Indiana/Oklahoma St over 69 (-110) for 1 unit W
Oklahoma St (-5) over Indiana (-110) for 1/2 a unit W

Capital One Bowl, 1/1
Michigan/Florida over 59 (-110) for 1.5 units W

Cotton Bowl, 1/1
Missouri (-3) over Arkansas (-110) for 1.5 units W

Gator Bowl, 1/1
Texas Tech (-6) over Virginia (-110) for 1.5 units L

Outback Bowl, 1/1
Tennessee (-1.5) over Wisconsin (-110) for 1/2 a unit W
Wisconsin/Tennessee over 57.5 (-110) for 1/2 a unit L

Rose Bowl, 1/1
USC (-14) over Illinois (-110) for 1/2 a unit W

Sugar Bowl, 1/1
Georgia (-7) over Hawaii (-120) for 1 unit W

Fiesta Bowl, 1/2
Oklahoma (-7) over West Virginia (-110) for 1.5 units L

Orange Bowl, 1/3
Kansas (+3.5) over Virginia Tech (-110) for 1.5 units W

International Bowl, 1/5
Ball St/Rutgers over 61.5 (-110) for 1/2 a unit W

GMAC Bowl, 1/6
Bowling Green/Tulsa over 76.5 (-110) for 1/2 a unit L

BCS Championship, 1/7
LSU (-3) over Ohio St (-120) for 1 unit W

Enjoy the bowl season, everyone. Hopefully many of us will salvage this crazy CFB season now that we're in the bowls.

Also, please don't forget to enter our free $1000 CFB Bowl Contest. There are no strings attached...so be sure to get your picks in, and try to win some money.

Happy Capping. :cheers:

Last edited:
I'll prolly be playing jsut about every bowl game this year...but for now, just posted my first 5 plays.

I actually made them all much earlier this week. I just haven't been online since Monday night to post them.

In any case...Utah, FAU, Cincy, AZST, and the UM/UF over are my first plays of the season.
Just getting started...and also trying to wait as much as possible before committing to any plays...so i'll be back later with more.

But i'll also be back a bit later w/ my thoughts (short write-ups) on these first 5 plays soon.

:cheers:

BAR/Steed/Hunt...:cheers:

Thanks, guys.

Well, added 10 more bowl plays over the last couple of days...so i got something going in 15 of 32 already. Still may add to some of these games, or even hedge if the situation calls for it...but i definitely plan to have a "rooting interest" in each and every bowl game this season, at least to some extent.

But the latest additions are: New Mex, Boise, UConn, PSU/A&M under, AFA, Oregon/USF over, Auburn/Clemson under, Mizzou, TT, and Kansas.

Only a couple more days til it all begins... :tiphat:

I just noticed a text message from Yanks early this morning asking me to post
a 2 unit play on Kentucky I think -2

Kentucky -3 @ -115 for 2 units, actually...but thx.

woke up to espn talking about this/confirming all the recent news/rumors, and looked around for any lines still up. there were actually a few smaller books that had it today...beted, sbg, oddsmaker from what i could find.
decided to go w/ beted, since i've seen a couple people here using it from time to time. (easy to fund w/ a visa too, btw...but only a 300 limit that way.) anyways, it was -3 @ -125 first thing this morning...was thinking i'd get a 3.5 or 4 by the time i funded...yet by lunch, when all was approved, it was -3 @ -115. go figure...
nevertheless, they kept this line up until after 4pm pacific time today/tuesday...before finally taking the game otb sometime in the evening.
if all these suspensions indeed hold true...and my wager is honored...it was well worth adding yet another book, albeit w/ a small amount. and who knows...by the time the line's back out, there might even be a nice middle opportunity if it's more than 7.

1-1, 2 bowl games into the season. Fucking moose in the 1st one though.

Anyways, added a very small play on the Bruins tomorrow. Everything's updated in the 1st post above. But now i'm taken care of thru the holiday...up to the 12/26 game, where i'm still undecided.

btw...for those looking around tonight at lines...i saw that the wisky/tenny game was otb at many places, again due to suspensions. Beted had it up at midnight tonight, still with Tenny as a 2.5 favorite.

i'm still undecided on that game...but wanted to point that out, in case anyone was looking to tke wisky.

Probably joining you on Boise tomorrow. No reason I can see to back ECU. Boise is used to Hawaii, a better team, etc. ECU will partially be on vacation.

add...

CMU/Purdue O72(0.50 units)

Thx for posting this for me the other day, BAR. :tiphat:

Well after this ASU loss (asu shaves, btw), sitting at 4-4 so far this bowl season. Problem is that i'm winning the small plays, & losing the bigger ones...dammit.
:hang:
Anyways, added 4 more plays tonight...for the next 2 days. I'll get them in up at the top (and grade what's complete)...but it's BC, Houston, Maryland, and UCF. Adding those 4 will take me up to the lone game on the 30th.

The BC play boils down to their run defense, as well as the MSU suspensions. Houston, despite the apparant mismatch, is jsut a small play. (Still haven't gotten that taste outta my mouth from the tcu/afa game this year.) Think the Terps are a live dog...especially if a certain RB's recently operated on knee doesn't hold up. (Should be a low scoring, close game...regardless.) And UCF is a small play, mostly due to Messy St being horrible against the run down the stretch.

Lastly, a question...
The Kentucky line came back out at 6, and now it's at 10. Debating if i just take what should be an easy 2 units...or do i get greedy and try to middle this game. I mean how often do you get a chance at a 7 pt middle? Jeebus...kinda wish i woulda doubled up at -6...but since that's long gone, i know i'm gonna be debating this prolly all the way up to kickoff.

Jeebus...12/27-12/29 have been the gayest 3 days of bowls i can remember. Just flaming...

Still adding a play on Bama tomorrow.
Saban needs this game...or Bama's in exactly the same spot as when they hired the guy, minus a decent chunk of change.

hey there yanks.

a few thoughts for you ...

1. good call on the pennst/tamu under

2. nice hook purchase in the houston game ... some times those actually fall !!!!

3. I do not think you should try to middle that kentucky game for the full amount you bet. I mean it is easy to say "how often do you get a chance at a 7 pt middle ?" .... but you can also say ..... "how often do you have 7 points the best of it ?". Sure there is some no risk value in the middle but i am not sure that it outweighs the pure value that you have with your number. If you do decide to try and middle ... maybe do it with just a percentage of your bet. just my opinion for what it is worth and i havent done the historical math on this to back up what i am saying.

kind of like bama myself tomorrow , best of luck yanks

Thx, VK.

Was talking about the same thing w/ BAR...a couple times, actually. The huge middle is tempting...but also maybe jsut greedy, as it's prolly for the best to just let it be...and not blow a decent win if Kentucky wins by 11. Who knows what FSU will look like w/ all these suspensions? Could get ugly, quickly...

But thx for the thoughts.
Mostly jsut bummed about the last 3 days. ASU was shady, plus they sucked. BC was a horrible, unlucky moose job. Between them and the Terps, i've never seen so many dropped balls by inept receivers. Plus, curly (the Terp QB) is a complete retard. And UConn was jsut the totally wrong side...wake was far superior. Anyways, a lame ass 3 days in a row had me not even watching the bowls today...that down on them lately. (Plus, they've been horrid to watch of late)

the game tomorrow should be fun to watch. like i said if i had to play it it would be bama ... but i have no real strong opinion on it. And you should enjoy every game this bowl season you can watch ... we are running out of games !!!!

also curious about your thoughts on Air Force. I was kind of leaning the other way assuming the skill players for CAL got a bit healthier. Realize one team has been finding ways to win and one team has been finding ways to lose but dont we have an incredible talent , speed and size advantage here for cal ?? Anyways appreciate your reasoning on that one. good luck brutha man

also curious about your thoughts on Air Force. I was kind of leaning the other way assuming the skill players for CAL got a bit healthier. Realize one team has been finding ways to win and one team has been finding ways to lose but dont we have an incredible talent , speed and size advantage here for cal ?? Anyways appreciate your reasoning on that one. good luck brutha man

on AFA cuz u can always count on a service academy to play motivated. cal, on the other hand, doesn't want to be here. hell, ever since they spent a few minutes in the theoretical #1 spot...before they choked and lost their first game of the season...it's been all downhill. sure, they're way more talented...but it doesn't mean a thing if they don't show up to play...which despite injuries and so forth, they didn't for much of the 2nd half of their season. jsut see them going thru the motions tomorrow, while AFA takes it as a great opportunity for the program.
as for skill/talent/etc...AFA has the better running game, and possibly the better defense. they do numbers-wise, but against lessor competition.

anyways, adding a few more plays...so i got something going on each game tomorrow. already had 4 of the 12/31 games locked in...added the other two. added Fresno, Okie Lite, and the OkieSt/Indiana over.

Fresno is a lot like AFA...in that this is a big game for them. GT doesn't wanna be here. Who the hell wants to go there? But at least Fresno's used to playing here, at least they'll show up motivated, and it's a very similar situation as to the '02 bowl between these two teams.

Okie Lite is small...but the over is basically a normal play. Both teams can score, and both teams don't play much defense. Simple as that.

In any case, i'll add these plays up in the 1st post. BOL today.

Thx, guys. :cheers:

Nice 6-1 day, just in time to turn this bowl season around. Too bad AFA couldn't finish as well as they began...

Having comp issues tonight, so trying to get my additions posted quickly. Hopefully i'll also be able to add them into the first post above too...but i've played every bowl now (so far) up to the final 3...including 2 of them two ways.

Tonight's adds...
Oklahoma (-7) for 1.5
Tennessee (-1.5) for 1/2
Wisky/Tenn over 57.5 for 1/2
USC (-14) for 1/2
Georgia (-7) at -120 for 1

Happy New Year, and BOL with the 1/1 bowls. :cheers:

11-3 last two days...Zexy

Yanks, if he were here, would say "thanks, bro."
Minus a few retarded days (12/27 to 12/29), it was an excellent bowl season.

Anyways, Yanks has 2 (small) additions...for the 2 shit bowls this weekend. He's still undecided/uncommitted on the NC game though.

He played...
Testicle St/Rutgers over 61.5
and
Blowing Green/Tulsa over 76.5
each for a 1/2 a unit

:tiphat:

Thank you, mr admin. :tiphat:

Now let's see if the 2nd shit bowl can put up as many points as the 1st.

Still waivering on the NC game though :hang:

After quite a bit of deliberation...going back & forth a few times...Yanks finally hopped off the fence to add a small play on the NC game.

LSU (-3) @ -120 for 1 unit

Lost my post once already, so the quick version...
First is homefield. That's huge for LSU...and way more significant than any dvd or past humiliation.
Second is that i don't like the extra layoff tOSU has had, coming into this big game.
Third is historical. LSU, i believe, is 3-0 in the Superdome. And tOSU is 0-8 against the SEC in bowls.
Lastly, and most importantly, is what i've been calling the x factor in this game. For me, that x factor is LSU finally being healthy/whole. We all know of LSU's pitfalls this year...but now that they're basically complete again, will that be the difference? I mean will this team tonight look like the one that lost to Kentucky or Arkansas, or will they look like the team that totally destroyed VT early in the year.
Anyways, that's what finally pushed me onto LSU for good...albeit with only a small wager. Yes, tOSU is much improved...excellent defense, very good running game, etc. But i'm betting that this'll be an LSU team much more in line with how they began the season over VT...back when they were healthy and dominant.

BOL tonight. And enjoy the game. :cheers:

Thx, LJC. Hope u had a great bowl season, buddy.

Well, the end has come. Unfortunately...
Just wish we had a plus two (a final four), to end this crazy season properly. Based on the bowls...LSU, USC, UGA, & WVU would make it to the 'plus 2' in my opinion. But that's neither here nor there...jsut wishful thinking on my part.

Anyways, it was truly a crazy season. But was able to make back 2/3's of my reg season losses w/ the bowls. Shoulda been better, but i played most the bowl games lightly. But for record keeping's sake, here's how i finished the cfb season.

2007 Season:
CFB ATS: 79-76-5, -3.675 units

CFB ML: 2-4, -1.708 units
CFB O/U: 29-26-0, +0.900 units
------------------------------
CFB Total/YTD: 110-106-5, -4.483 units

'07/'08 Bowl Season:
20-13-1, +3.00 units

Despite my best efforts, just wasn't able to get back on the plus side of things overall. In a way, it's pretty disappointing...to spend so much time, energy, effort all season long...only to end up roughly 150 bucks in the hole when it's all said and done. But on the other hand, i still enjoyed the season. And who knows...w/out all that time & work i put in, the cfb season could've went a helluva lot worse...considering.

Nevertheless, it's a done deal. Sad...but no more college football until late summer. In any case, hope everyone @ ctg had a good time...and we'll see each other next season.

Peace :cheers:

Back