03/18

TodaysWinners

The Sun Shines More Brightly in Florida
Laurel Park has a lot of Stake Races for Saturday. Does anyone have a good feel for this track or races?

Here's how I broke down/my comments for race 4 from Oaklawn Park:
1: I won't back, for the win, a trainer who is 0 from 28 starts this meet.
2: I generally don't and won't back a horse, for the win, bred in Ontario. This is the case here.
3: I generally don't and won't back a horse bred in Oklahoma. This is the case here.
4: Horse has lay-off issue and won last race which was cheap. In the last year, the trainer off 180+ days is winless (first race back).
5: Has won at the track and distance plus trained by all-time wins leader Steve Asmussen. Long shot for the race.
6: Race over the surface this meet, 80% ITM at OP and is 7:1-3-1 at the distance. Contender.
7: Has beaten length issues.
8: generally don't and won't back a horse bred in Minnesota This is the case here.
9: 2 wins at the distance from 6 races but only a show from 3 races from OP. Contender.

4 across the board
6 win and place in equal amounts
9 win

They will be part of my Daily Doubles (races 3-4 and 4-5) and used for Pick 3's and Pick 4's that have race 4 connected with those wagers.

That's how I see this race panning out.

Here's how I broke down/my comments for race 4 from Oaklawn Park:
1: I won't back, for the win, a trainer who is 0 from 28 starts this meet.
2: I generally don't and won't back a horse, for the win, bred in Ontario. This is the case here.
3: I generally don't and won't back a horse bred in Oklahoma. This is the case here.
4: Horse has lay-off issue and won last race which was cheap. In the last year, the trainer off 180+ days is winless (first race back).
5: Has won at the track and distance plus trained by all-time wins leader Steve Asmussen. Long shot for the race.
6: Race over the surface this meet, 80% ITM at OP and is 7:1-3-1 at the distance. Contender.
7: Has beaten length issues.
8: generally don't and won't back a horse bred in Minnesota This is the case here.
9: 2 wins at the distance from 6 races but only a show from 3 races from OP. Contender.

4 across the board
6 win and place in equal amounts
9 win

They will be part of my Daily Doubles (races 3-4 and 4-5) and used for Pick 3's and Pick 4's that have race 4 connected with those wagers.

That's how I see this race panning out.

5 was a late scratch, happened inside the starting gate, which changed how the body of the race ran. The 4 won off the lay-off and cheap race in last outing. Congratulations to the connections and those who backed Sand Mountain (the 4).

Here is the order of finish: 4, 6, 3, 2, 7, 1, 8 and 9.
The six took the lead briefly down the stretch but got out kicked by the four. It looked like the four was switching leads to be past briefly, will need to watch the replay a few more times.

Back