CappingCrunch

Cereal King
33-22 since 02/28

Boston Celtics ML @ x5units
Los Angeles Lakers ML @x4units
Oklahoma City Thunder +13.5 @ x3units

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Little bit of a scared cat. I am playing all 3 of those games but I usually split points and ml and that is what I did. Put a little more on Boston than LA because I see Houston as being much better team than Miami and because I expect Marbury to have a much better game this time. GL

Trying to understand why its Boston running on fumes instead of Miami. Every player on that Boston team knows they are getting the chance to show they deserve to be on a legitimate NBA Championship team. They will take chances to show they belong very seriously. Was it Wade's house recently when they lost at home to Cleveland and Minnesota. How about 13 games ago when they got hammered at home by Denver. I guess property values change around a lot. Either that or people like to bet on Supermen too much. Sooner or later it turns out there really are no easy wins given because of a cape.

i agree, boston is not running on fumes...they are just shorthanded... i thought on monday miami would be tired, they were not..i think they may be tonight...

Trying to understand why its Boston running on fumes instead of Miami.

Due to the shorthanded issue. Instead of having 10-12 men to rely on they have less, their regular rotation is crippled.

Plus, you're not worried about the fact that there's a possibility of Pierce and Allen getting rested today (not playing extended minutes). Who is going to play then, Starbury?

I'll take my chances.

Also you're talking about changes. Well weren't you the one who said a few weeks back that Miami is number 3 team in the East? Then you said Chicago was. Things change Tuck, you'd surely agree.

I don't like betting on supermen, it's not the point, it was just a figure of speech (I didn't even know Taz was posting this here) to highlight the momentum this team is riding right now, but what I do think that regardless of how soft Miami is in the D, the Celtics are very shorthanded, and 3 is something I'll take my chances with.

A few weeks back we all argued how mediocre to bad Boston bench is, now they're "a part of the world championship team"?

Will Perdue and Jud Buechler were members of championship teams as well, doesn't mean these guys have what it takes, Boston can't have 12 top class players in the squad. Miami can easily drop their next 3 or 4 games after this, I don't think their energy level will be dropping yet. It will soon though.

Anyways if Boston pulls this out without KG, Rondo, Davis, Scalabrine, etc, I'm ok since I loved the situation and took it, no regrets afterwards.

Just a guess. Play the Heat early. Think they play mostly backups till the second half. By the way, they traded Marion! Surprisingly my evaluation of them went down. Chicago added Salmons and Brad Millar, my evaluation went up.I stay consistent. And while I dislike Boston I am not going to kid myself. They are Elite and the Heat could have gotten better and instead got worse.

Just a guess. Play the Heat early. Think they play mostly backups till the second half. By the way, they traded Marion! Surprisingly my evaluation of them went down. Chicago added Salmons and Brad Millar, my evaluation went up.I stay consistent. And while I dislike Boston I am not going to kid myself. They are Elite and the Heat could have gotten better and instead got worse.

Yes, but right now they are heavily shorthanded, two out of their top 4 guys are out, several bench contributors out, and the two superstars that are there could play lesser minutes.

All relevant factors, you can agree or not, best of luck tonight.

lol, that is why i posted this stuff, to get discussion...i won't do it anymore...satyr doesn't want me to anyway...but this is what we need more of, discussion..sometimes i'm chillin at work and checking this place out and no new nba posts for an hour...that is not right

its alright bro... thanks..

i think boston will be prepared , just as long as bostons D can control wade and making him work for his shots instead of givin him open looks etc they should be fine.

Los Angeles Lakers forward Lamar Odom will take the hit for his role in a scrum with the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday night.

617.jpg

Odom
3204.jpg

Fernandez

The NBA announced on Tuesday that Odom will serve a one-game suspension without pay for leaving the vicinity of the bench during the altercation. He will serve the suspension when the Lakers play at Houston on Wednesday.
The incident occurred after Lakers forward Trevor Ariza delivered a hard foul on Blazers rookie Rudy Fernandez in the third quarter of Portland's 111-94 victory. Fernandez spent the night in the hospital with a bruised chest and injured right hip. The swingman was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon. He was listed as doubtful for Portland's game against Dallas on Wednesday night.
NBA officials reviewed the play but determined Tuesday that Ariza will not face further discipline beyond his third-quarter ejection for a flagrant foul 2.
Fernandez was fouled on a fast break and landed awkwardly. The Spaniard was taken from the court on a stretcher with his neck in a brace. The teams scuffled and the Blazers were assessed two technical fouls.
Blazers teammate Sergio Rodriguez, who is also from Spain and one of Fernandez's closest friends, spent the night at the hospital.
"He couldn't breathe, and that scared himself, but he was OK," Rodriguez said.
The two watched the game at the hospital because Fernandez wanted to see what happened after he left. Fernandez was in good spirits.
"He couldn't laugh a lot because it hurt," Rodriguez said.
Fernandez, who played on Spain's silver medal-winning Olympic team, is averaging 10.4 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.1 assists this season.
Known for his no-look passes, alley-oop dunks and behind-back-dribbles, fans at the Rose Garden often chant "Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!" when he enters a game. Some female fans have taken to wearing "I [heart] Rudy" T-shirts.
Fernandez was lured to Portland from DKV Joventut Badalona of the Spanish ACB League. He became something of an Internet sensation this summer when he dunked over Dwight Howard at the Olympics. The U.S. team won the gold medal with a victory over Spain in the final.
Against the Lakers, Fernandez hit a 3-pointer late in the third quarter that gave the Blazers an 81-51 lead. Moments later, he was driving down the floor. As he leaped toward the basket, Ariza fouled him from behind, knocking him down.
Fernandez curled up in pain at the base of the basket. Portland's trainers rushed to his aid, and his teammates tussled with the Lakers. Odom appeared to leave the bench, although he later denied it.
Lakers center Pau Gasol stayed out of the fray with his eyes on Fernandez. The two were Olympic teammates.
"It was an unfortunate play, and an unfortunate fall," Gasol said.
Ariza was contrite after the game, apologizing to Fernandez.
"It wasn't anything I was trying to do. I wasn't trying to hurt him," he said. "I was just trying to make a play on the ball."
At the Blazers' practice facility Tuesday in Tualatin, coach Nate McMillan would not comment on the NBA's decision not to penalize Ariza further.
"That's a dangerous play," he said. "That's all I'm going to say."
Brandon Roy said he made it a point not to get involved because of the team's push to make the playoffs for the first time since the 2002-03 season. Portland and Utah shared the Northwest Division entering Tuesday night.

"The race is too tight to miss any games," Roy said.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
from ESPN.com

Lakers will need to work extra hard tonight without Odom. however Kobe likes challenges we shall see.

OKC comes in barely. Boston failed simply because of turnovers. Still its a winning day. GL

Back