“We Can Cap Together”

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Let's cap this as if we are having a FULL regular season with a playoff. Don't worry about logisitcs such as fans in the stadium., testing, etc, leave that to the other thread...No, we don't know what the future holds yet...and we are going to ignore that in this thread. Cap as if we are having a season....That's what we all are first and foremost right? Let's be ahead of the game...I rely on STEELE a lot for early season info....Let's get some people here and brainstorm, we got a lot of guys in here that know a lot of conferences. Let's plan to prepare, not prepare to fail.

Few things I'd like to know from you guys...what QB's do you guys like coming back outside of Lawrence and Fields?

What teams should have the most olineman returning and experience on the line?

How many Defensive players are returning for squads?

Who is in the second year of an offensive system? or third?

Who plans to change their pace this year on for offense?

This thread could be a dud, this thread could be OK....just try and get some discussion to college football only..no medical shit, no logistics please.

The teams may be scattered in here but that's OK, we can clean it up and put it in groups later.

I see that OSU is -7.5 at oregon. Which I think is the same number where it opened at?

Which means the line hasn't been adjusted for no fans/minimal fans?

That's an enormous killer for oregon who needed HFA in a big way to stay in this game.

OSU seems like a no brainer for me here.

I see that OSU is -7.5 at oregon. Which I think is the same number where it opened at?

That's an enormous killer for oregon who needed HFA in a big way to stay in this game.

There was an initial line somewhere in the 2.5 to 3.5 range fwiw. It didn't last long.

Let's cap this as if we are having a FULL regular season with a playoff. Don't worry about logisitcs such as fans in the stadium., testing, etc, leave that to the other thread...No, we don't know what the future holds yet...and we are going to ignore that in this thread. Cap as if we are having a season....That's what we all are first and foremost right? Let's be ahead of the game...I rely on STEELE a lot for early season info....Let's get some people here and brainstorm, we got a lot of guys in here that know a lot of conferences. Let's plan to prepare, not prepare to fail.

Few things I'd like to know from you guys...what QB's do you guys like coming back outside of Lawrence and Fields?

What teams should have the most olineman returning and experience on the line?

How many Defensive players are returning for squads?

Who is in the second year of an offensive system? or third?

Who plans to change their pace this year on for offense?

This thread could be a dud, this thread could be OK....just try and get some discussion to college football only..no medical shit, no logistics please.

The teams may be scattered in here but that's OK, we can clean it up and put it in groups later.
Great idea, super pumped for a capping thread.

Leggooooo

There was an initial line somewhere in the 2.5 to 3.5 range fwiw. It didn't last long.

Right, but it settled into a number later on that day that was much higher...this was all pre-covid.

Basically I'm trying to ascertain if the number has been readjusted to reflect a very much diminished HFA.

Right, but it settled into a number later on that day that was much higher...this was all pre-covid.

Basically I'm trying to ascertain if the number has been readjusted to reflect a very much diminished HFA.
Fair enough.

Have we heard anything out of Oregon about possible capacities?

Obviously in other spots were hearing 20-50%.

Either way, I get your thinking with regards to this number.

I've heard something like 25% but I feel like we're just blindly guessing at this time. You also had the Governor a few weeks ago state that there would be no fans at all. Now that could just be tough talk but I think we all get the picture.

So, in reading the tea leaves I would feel very comfortable in wagering that it will be nowhere near full capacity. And in my opinion that's a really big deal as far as this game goes.

Last edited:
Georgia is a team I’m interested in for sure. I had a long post typed out questioning Newman’s fit there but then realized Georgia hired Todd Monken as OC, which I totally forgot about. Newman should be a great fit for the air raid offense and will have some really nice weapons around him. With all the covid stuff it’ll be interesting to see how the new oc/system/qb syncs up. But on paper I’d have to think Georgia will have a much more explosive pass offense, finally making them a legitimate title contender

With Oregon pretty much in experienced at oline and bucks oline experienced this is pretty easy to cap imo. New qb as well... And soft ass pac 12 defense.

Georgia is a team I’m interested in for sure. I had a long post typed out questioning Newman’s fit there but then realized Georgia hired Todd Monken as OC, which I totally forgot about. Newman should be a great fit for the air raid offense and will have some really nice weapons around him. With all the covid stuff it’ll be interesting to see how the new oc/system/qb syncs up. But on paper I’d have to think Georgia will have a much more explosive pass offense, finally making them a legitimate title contender

Is monken air raid? What is his average plays per game on offense? How about T. O. P average?

Lawrence
Fields
Newman
Ehlinger
Book
Trask
Jones
Slovis
Mond
Morgan
J. Daniels
Howell

Anybody else?

Good call on Purdy. Costello probably will put up some numbers, but I've never been that impressed with him.

Going here off of proven performance.
Figured. Cool. Believe me. I’m not saying Brennan will be all world or anything. He needed Speing as BAR said and mixed reviews on what he has done on his own ala Big Dick Joe and 10,000 receptions summer work

I just think we’ve seen Mond enough by now. GL to him this year

Figured. Cool. Believe me. I’m not saying Brennan will be all world or anything. He needed Speing as BAR said and mixed reviews on what he has done on his own ala Big Dick Joe and 10,000 receptions summer work

I just have a feeling, we are going to see a much improved version this year.

Not a big Mond guy either, but his name will be on the lists.

I think Sean Clifford is underrated. Brady White.

I think Tanner Morgan was lightning in a bottle.

Just a general note but defenses are generally ahead of offenses early and I would expect that even more with shortened offensive reps. If not adjusted for, I think unders will have some value. In addition, I think ability to operate at pace will suffer from short prep as well.
Just my opinion and something general since I have not looked at shiiiiiiit

Just a general note but defenses are generally ahead of offenses early and I would expect that even more with shortened offensive reps. If not adjusted for, I think unders will have some value. In addition, I think ability to operate at pace will suffer from short prep as well.
Always look forward to losing some unders in overtime.

Early season is also a big advantage for offenses who defenses don't have film on. The way I remember it recently is the high octane, fast offenses put up 40+ pretty easy. Then the first few weeks of conference season scoring dips... I have no evidence of this though, just what it seems to go on. Also better weather.

But yeah, I do agree the reps will be shorter for sure this year... Can't really cap history for this season unless these kids get a full summer camp.

Good point.

Well, this will be better for the offenses...

Do you think less spring ball helps or hurts that?

Not sure. He was limited in the spring. Believe he had some kind of shoulder surgery after the season ended. McCaffrey lives football....I could see him being the guy. We're expecting to be pretty strong at OL, we might be a 65 percent run team and that would make McCaffrey the better option.

Not sure. He was limited in the spring. Believe he had some kind of shoulder surgery after the season ended. McCaffrey lives football....I could see him being the guy. We're expecting to be pretty strong at OL, we might be a 65 percent run team and that would make McCaffrey the better option.

McCaffrey can run for sure...played WR and RB when Dylan was qb at high school. Younger one a lot like Christian in build.

Well @HUNT

Why don't you talk a little bit about the Miami Hurricanes? You also @brewers888 ...

You know me, I love rhett lashlee (OC)..he is crazy, deriq king....plus that d is going to be nasty....great sleeper pick for a rsw or natty.

A qb in a system like that can take you far. Lashlee gonna have a field day calling plays....won't matter if it is his first year with King at qb.

I take back my comments on Sam Howell after watching and digging deeper in his profile.....he's pretty good. Like BAR said above, I just viewed him as a 4th quarter pad stats guy...but he's pretty solid....interesting Mack Brown runs a fairly wide open offense too. Way to adapt Mack.

Back