• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

WRESTLEMANIA 2023 Discusion, bets, etc

skanless13

We come in peace
Showcase of the immortals this weekend. Everyone expects Cody to finally end Roman’s Reign. Price is ridiculous on Cody. I think something around -500. Could see them letting RR hit 1000 days though reports are he’s taking significant time off after WM?

I do think Rhea beats Charlotte and Demon Balor beats Edge. I also think Gunther will retain and Sami and KO probably beat the USOs, and Seth beats Logan Paul

What is everyone thinking?

I’m being honest here - what about Cody propels him into being the guy to end this streak? He’s been back for maybe a couple of months if you take out his injury. Because he was Stardust and then went to AEW? This to me is way too much of HHH and not enough Vince. HHH prefers lame NXT to what made WWE successful. I don’t dislike Cody, but a run at the US Championship seems more of what he should be. He lacks charisma on the mic, he’s a good all around in ring performer, he’s not as good as Rollins for a smaller guy. I mean we’ve seen lower card guys get their moment like Kofi, etc. hopefully this is just that.

I read that about RR, too. What does he do besides Smackdown? Even then he’s off maybe every third week and rarely competes. What’s he taking a break from? A weekend flight?

I thought SS last year was propped up better than this card. Feel like many of the matches have limited and rushed story telling. The card absolutely needed Cena and could use Austin to fight LA Knight to get it over. Hopefully we see Orton!

RR while "recovered" from, I think, leukemia still shows effects from/of it. Yes, he's "cleared" to wrestle but that doesn't mean he's healthy. My great grandpa use to wrestle part-time in the Midwest and told stories of what was really going on in the locker rooms and off camera. I, also, have family who had this disease and were given a clean bill of health, still had physical issues from it 9 months later. I know I'm a little touchy on this subject, leukemia, and if what I said upsets you, I apologize.

I’m being honest here - what about Cody propels him into being the guy to end this streak? He’s been back for maybe a couple of months if you take out his injury. Because he was Stardust and then went to AEW? This to me is way too much of HHH and not enough Vince. HHH prefers lame NXT to what made WWE successful. I don’t dislike Cody, but a run at the US Championship seems more of what he should be. He lacks charisma on the mic, he’s a good all around in ring performer, he’s not as good as Rollins for a smaller guy. I mean we’ve seen lower card guys get their moment like Kofi, etc. hopefully this is just that.
I’m not saying he deserves it. I think he should be n WWE a little longer before he gets the belt, but it’s clearly the direction WWE is heading. He’s -500 to win.

RR while "recovered" from, I think, leukemia still shows effects from/of it. Yes, he's "cleared" to wrestle but that doesn't mean he's healthy. My great grandpa use to wrestle part-time in the Midwest and told stories of what was really going on in the locker rooms and off camera. I, also, have family who had this disease and were given a clean bill of health, still had physical issues from it 9 months later. I know I'm a little touchy on this subject, leukemia, and if what I said upsets you, I apologize.

It doesn’t offend me at all and it’s a great point. You see these athletes and assume they’re super human. Maybe several months away from the ring is what he needs - and would really refresh his character when he eventually does return.

Showcase of the immortals this weekend. Everyone expects Cody to finally end Roman’s Reign. Price is ridiculous on Cody. I think something around -500. Could see them letting RR hit 1000 days though reports are he’s taking significant time off after WM?

I do think Rhea beats Charlotte and Demon Balor beats Edge. I also think Gunther will retain and Sami and KO probably beat the USOs, and Seth beats Logan Paul

What is everyone thinking?
I was on live chat with BM this morning trying to convince them to put up lines as I thought it was weird they weren’t in the game as I cashed out at BOL so only running with BM now and was gonna put some down on both nights for fun.

Cody is much bigger than midcard as he Carrie’s himself like a star and his story is compelling and the interactions between him and Heyman and him and Roman have been gold. I’m not a Cody mark by any means, but he has definitely performed up to expectations across the board and continues to get star level reactions and put on solid matches every time his number is called.

I read that about RR, too. What does he do besides Smackdown? Even then he’s off maybe every third week and rarely competes. What’s he taking a break from? A weekend flight?
He’s the biggest star in the business and no one else is even close. Hollywood is calling and I have no doubt he is gonna kill it there as well. He puts in the work and deserves to work a limited schedule at this point as he has earned every bit of it in my view.

I thought SS last year was propped up better than this card. Feel like many of the matches have limited and rushed story telling. The card absolutely needed Cena and could use Austin to fight LA Knight to get it over. Hopefully we see Orton!
I have no doubt wrestlemania will deliver like it always does as I popped like a little girl over some of the stuff last year and looking forward to the same this weekend.

Cody is much bigger than midcard as he Carrie’s himself like a star and his story is compelling and the interactions between him and Heyman and him and Roman have been gold. I’m not a Cody mark by any means, but he has definitely performed up to expectations across the board and continues to get star level reactions and put on solid matches every time his number is called.

I don’t care for AEW so whatever he did there means little to me. So I’ve seen 2 months of WWE recently and 10 years of Stardust. Just doesn’t feel like an all timer but many who headline and won wrestle-mania, aren't, either. He’s very good performer don’t get me wrong.

He’s the biggest star in the business and no one else is even close. Hollywood is calling and I have no doubt he is gonna kill it there as well. He puts in the work and deserves to work a limited schedule at this point as he has earned every bit of it in my view.

I agree with you on this 100% that he deserves a break. I’m not sure about him acting though.

I don’t care for AEW so whatever he did there means little to me. So I’ve seen 2 months of WWE recently and 10 years of Stardust. Just doesn’t feel like an all timer but many who headline and won wrestle-mania, aren't, either. He’s very good performer don’t get me wrong.
I didn’t mention any of the AEW stuff as there was no need to. He’s a bonafide star and I won’t have an issue if he gets the storybook ending as the storytelling has been fantastic. On the flip side, I wouldn’t be shocked or disappointed if they decide to keep the belt on Roman as there are plenty of layers left in the Bloodline story that still can be told. Really looking forward to the tag match as that should be a hell of a story as well.

So far I have bet Bianca, Damage Control, and The Demon
I haven’t seen any lines but actually like Asuka as they may go the heel route with her and run a program through the spring till summerslam as her and Bianca could have some legs if Bianca is playing chase with heel Asuka.

Thinking of playing UNDER 3.5 titles to change hands. What do you all think?
I think Cody, Sami KO, and 1 women’s title change.

Man most of the numbers are way too high so will ignore anything over -400, but would take:

Gunther -130
Theory -400
Asuka -130
Damage CTRL +140
Over 3.5 title changes -180
Randy appears at +100
Finn -140
Dom -260
Seth -350

I expect Logan to put on a show as he delivers an outstanding athletic performance every time and I like the fact that he respects the business as much as he does and him and Seth will have an awesome match. 75k singing Seth’s tune for five minutes straight will be a mark out moment for sure

I expect Logan to put on a show as he delivers an outstanding athletic performance every time and I like the fact that he respects the business as much as he does and him and Seth will have an awesome match. 75k singing Seth’s tune for five minutes straight will be a mark out moment for sure
It’s funny. Seth’s current character drives me crazy. It’s so cringy.

I just have a hard time seeing BOTH women’s titles changing… though that does seem like where the momentum is
My bets are always based on trying to think like the booker and i think this is a situation where there are better stories told going with the title changes than not. I mean where does Bianca go from here if she wins? Jade isn’t jumping ship any time soon, so she’s got nothin unless Sasha does the stare down while holding up the IWGP belt…

My bets are always based on trying to think like the booker and i think this is a situation where there are better stories told going with the title changes than not. I mean where does Bianca go from here if she wins? Jade isn’t jumping ship any time soon, so she’s got nothin unless Sasha does the stare down while holding up the IWGP belt…
A feud with Flair?

Would like to see DC split up because it isn’t doing anyone in that group any favors. Io was so good in NXT…

I wouldn’t be shocked if we see Riddle, Orton, AJ and a few others this weekend as that would set up nicely for the tournament route I think they will go this summer
Yep. I actually LOVE the tournament idea and really hope they go that direction. I LOVED the HW tournament at WM 3… or 4? When Macho won. But I was also a HUGE Macho fan.. 2nd only to Hitman.

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match Winner

Cody Rhodes -550 (2/11)
Roman Reigns +325 (13/4)
Note: This line is unchanged since it opened.

WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship Match Winner

Rhea Ripley -1000 (1/10)
Charlotte Flair (c) +500 (5/1)

Note: The odds opened at Rhea Ripley -800 (1/8) and Charlotte Flair +425 (17/4). The odds have moved in favor of the favorite.

WWE RAW Women’s Championship Match Winner

Asuka -140 (5/7)
Bianca Belair (c) +100 (1/1)

Note: The odds opened at Asuka -200 (1/2) and Bianca Belair +150 (3/2). The odds have moved in favor of the underdog.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match Winner

Gunther (c) -140 (5/7)
Sheamus +135 (27/20)
Drew McIntyre +500 (5/1)

WWE United States Championship Match Winner

Austin Theory (c) -400 (1/4)
John Cena +250 (5/2)

Note: The odds opened with Theory -500 (1/5) and Cena +300 (3/1). The odds have moved in favor of the underdog.

WWE Undisputed Tag Team Championship Winner

Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens -2000 (1/20)
The Usos (c) +700 (7/1)

Singles Match Winner

Logan Paul +275 (11/4)
Seth Rollins -450 (2/9)

Note: Odds opened with Paul as the favorite at -200 (1/2) and Rollins +150 (3/2). Now Rollins is a big favorite.

Singles Match Winner – Hell in a Cell

Edge -160 (5/8)
Finn Balor +120 (6/5)

Singles Match Winner

Brock Lesnar -1500 (1/15)
Omos +600 (6/1)

Note: This line is unchanged.

Tag Team Match Winner

Becky Lynch, Lita & Trish Stratus -300 (1/3)
Damage CTRL +200 (2/1)

Note: The odds opened at BLT at -1000 (1/10) and Damage CTRL +500 (5/1). The odds have moved in the favor of the underdogs.

Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match Winner

Viking Raiders -150 (2/3)
Braun Strowman & Ricochet +200 (2/1)
Street Profits +350 (7/2)
Alpha Academy +700 (7/1)

Back