• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

World baseball classic is coming!

US books, money should be rolling in....hammer it at 6:58

It’s all rainy and crappy here. I just settled on +135 cause wanted to be back home cooking dinner. I agree tho, from looks of it longer you wait the better as flag waivers make their bets!

I get it, the USA lineup is imposing but I don’t think ppl understand the quality of pitching Japan has. I didn’t realize how deep the pitching talent ran till I caught a few the early games. They got other Yu Darvish types in their league over there!! Mid 90s heat and they all have a splitter or something that they can make look like 2-3 different pitches.

I think the cy young guy picthed last night and he was very good...

Coulda swore I read he starting tonight but maybe I misread, for me it really don’t matter, pretty much every pitcher I’ve seen them use has stuff that would play in the bigs. Gotta figure whomever they throwing tonight will be equally filthy plus I know who they can potentially bring in later on.

Not only is Japan lineup sufficiently good they are stacked with lefties. I watched them face a lefty and they still had 6-7 lefty hitters in lineup. Far as I know USA doesn’t have anything intimidating to throw from that side to try and neutralize.

Beer money on the over even though 90% of big games go under.

I wanted to play under but when i saw all way up to +135 on Japan didn’t see any point screwing w total., I have USA Ff tt u3.5 as part of some stupid parlay w tonight’s basketball that prob lose anyways, lol. That was 2.5 juiced over and I was thinking “holy shit they begging for ppl to pay the heavy juice w that lineup only needing 3!”, then it went up, guess they got all they wanted at 2.5. That felt like crazy easy bet for ppl to wanna make! lol

Coulda swore I read he starting tonight but maybe I misread, for me it really don’t matter, pretty much every pitcher I’ve seen them use has stuff that would play in the bigs. Gotta figure whomever they throwing tonight will be equally filthy plus I know who they can potentially bring in later on.

Shota Imanaga is getting the start tonight.

Ohtani has said he will "be prepared" to pitch out of the bullpen if necessary.

Prior to the semifinal, Japan's manager Hideki Kuriyama was asked about the chances that Ohtani would take the mound if Japan advanced to the final. "I won't say it's a zero," he told reporters, including the AP.

Also, Yu Darvish will be ready to pitch some innings out of the bullpen...sounds like if Ohtani pitches it would be closing out the game if Japan is winning late.

Waino pitched vs Cuba, so hes out. Kelly gets the start. Not sure why they wasted mikolas in relief of waino. I would much prefer him over Kelly tonight. After Kelly, it's likely all relievers. Ottavino and graveman probably first up and then closing with Williams and Pressly. Might see some Loup too against a LH heavy lineup.

Mullins in LF, Schwarbs DH. Means no tucker or Alonso. I like it, Mullins has looked good every opportunity he has had so far.

Roki pitched last night. Stud.

Too bad this coincided with the 1st round of the tourney, but last night was amazing. Tonight should be the same.

Too bad this coincided with the 1st round of the tourney, but last night was amazing. Tonight should be the same.

I think the timing sucks. Not only was it right in middle the best time of year for hoops but I’d think the baseball be even better if they played it in summer after guys been thru spring training and playing. I know Mlb won’t ever let it happen but I think they would be doing themselves a favor putting this in summer when nothing else going on, I’d think that would help pull in new fans way better than all their retarded yearly rule changes.

I think the timing sucks. Not only was it right in middle the best time of year for hoops but I’d think the baseball be even better if they played it in summer after guys been thru spring training and playing. I know Mlb won’t ever let it happen but I think they would be doing themselves a favor putting this in summer when nothing else going on, I’d think that would help pull in new fans way better than all their retarded yearly rule changes.
Take 2 weeks off, cut schedule to 150 games in WBC years I saw some people mention

Take 2 weeks off, cut schedule to 150 games in WBC years I saw some people mention

I’d think it be perfect to put where the all star game is since nobody gives a fuck bout that anymore and that like the deadest sports 3 days of the year. You would think it be hugely popular then just maybe it drums up extra interest in baseball for stretch run while teams fighting to make playoffs. Even the biggest baseball dorks like me gotta drag ourselves thru late July/august. Sticking this in middle the year be a massively needed change of pace.

Imagine having Trout and Ohtani on the same team and avg 75 wins. Smh.

Trout says this the biggest game his life, took me bout 2 seconds to realize that not saying much since he ain’t played a meaningful game since high school or some shit!

Cardinals sure have a lot of ppl participating. Unfortunately it says as much bout how average USA pitching is. 2 middle order bsts for USA and Japan’s leadoff hitter!!

Would do well, guessing they'd have to play all games in the US so players aren't traveling halfway around the world and back midway through the season

Guess that could be a bit problematic cause think they need to keep some of it being played in Japan.

Reactions: KJ
Guess that could be a bit problematic cause think they need to keep some of it being played in Japan.
Guess it could work as long as they leave a few days after the tournament for reacclimating before going through the dregs of July/August

Damn, the way it started I had huge hopes that Japan national anthem was gonna have the evil empire Star Wars vibe to it. Took a quick boring turn tho

Do we have a in-game somewhere or just keeping it in here? Somebody else watching right?? Lol

Let's be real, we knew this morning that you'd be fading the Ducks and I'd be fading the Badgers lol

Because I know if there's a world title on the line, I want a current Arizona Dback on the mound for it.

Yep shifts and no pitch clock

Im really annoyed trying to figure out what no shift is gonna change hit wise? I’d think there a few guys who averages have to go up.

The one that really pisses me off as pure stupidity is only being allowed to throw over 2x??? What jackass came up with thst? So guys gonna be stealing id think. Walk, steal, base hit where the shift used to stand and ya got a run.

Back