• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

What if this happens Saturday

wiseplayer

Georgia beats Bama by 2 scores.
Michigan loses to Iowa.
Cincinnati loses to Houston.
Oklahoma State loses to Baylor.

Who is your top 4?

1. Georgia
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?

I have to think the committee goes for the 2 loss conference champs before they go Alabama, because that is the path of least resistance. Though a CFP of UGA, Baylor, Oregon, and Iowa may be the worst scenario imaginable from the TV side. Ironic because that kind of final 4 is why everyone screams that we need to expand the playoffs, but when we get it, only the fans of the schools and the sickos like us will tune in. Same in bball. Everyone loves the upsets at first, but no casuals watch a final four without Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc

GPS - If Bama loses a very close game to GA, in your opinion are they out?

GPS - If Bama loses a very close game to GA, in your opinion are they out?
Yes, but it will depend on what happens elsewhere and who the committee is comparing Alabama against. If UGA, Michigan, Cincy and Ok St all win, I think that's your 4. If one of those last 3 loses, I can see the committee picking Alabama over Iowa, Baylor, Oregon, and Notre Dame, but I could also see one of those getting the nod as well.

It's interesting because of the "best 4" mandate. Alabama losing to UGA only proves they aren't #1, so technically they could still be one of the "best 4" teams. You could argue, correctly IMO, that one of the 2 loss teams that won the conference are more deserving, but if you are asking yourself who would win those matchups with Alabama straight up, it gets a little tougher

If Alabama loses and either Michigan or Cincinnati loses, Notre Dame is in without the HC. How embarrassing would it be for Kelly to watch his players from the outside?
This is the worst part of college football. Head coaches bailing on their players before the season is over. Its fucking cheap bullshit.

If Alabama loses and either Michigan or Cincinnati loses, Notre Dame is in without the HC. How embarrassing would it be for Kelly to watch his players from the outside?
This is the worst part of college football. Head coaches bailing on their players before the season is over. Its fucking cheap bullshit.
If that happens, for the first time in my life, I will pull for the Irish

My only argument with the "Best 4" mandate is if Bama loses to Georgia, let's say by 7, yes they are probably one of the best 4 but they also just got a chance to beat #1 and lost. Give me 3 other teams with a chance to beat #1.

Back