• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 3 ML Dogs

I'm situational as it gets and have no clue how UT gets up for this after last week while UTSA players likely wanted to play for UT.
1st half ML methinks might be the best bet. Good luck on what you decide!

Reactions: KJ
You'd be shocked if UTSA wins? I won't at all. Be much more shocked if S Alabama wins.

Not shocked, I’d almost expect it from past texas teams, it be mildly surprised if this staff let it happen.

You'd be shocked if UTSA wins? I won't at all. Be much more shocked if S Alabama wins.
I was very surprised to see Sagarin had UCLA rated #53....I was, for some reason, expecting them to be in the top 20 or so. Texas, meanwhile, are rated #4 by JS....short of it is UCLA is overvalued today whereas Texas is undervalued. JMHO.

I was very surprised to see Sagarin had UCLA rated #53....I was, for some reason, expecting them to be in the top 20 or so. Texas, meanwhile, are rated #4 by JS....short of it is UCLA is overvalued today whereas Texas is undervalued. JMHO.
I don't follow Sagarin but back in the day I faded most of his stuff. He's stats. I'm situation. Opposite ends of the Earth.

Assuming he takes in account strength of opponent played? UCLA has played some really poor teams. I think they only played DTR 1Q last week. Kelly knew that game could've got out of hand early (Alabama State) and they used it more to play the reserves than just put up a big number.

South Alabama has been damn impressive though vs teams their own figurative size. So they have the confidence right now, but this a big step up for them.

This a really tough card for me to find dogs, im sure a bunch will cash I just don’t see them! Sounds crazy but why will ND start winning today? They havnt done so once with this guy coaching yet!

I'm situational as it gets and have no clue how UT gets up for this after last week while UTSA players likely wanted to play for UT.

It's a life long dream game just for UTSA to play Texas. So it means an enormous amount to the fan base, the program and like you say the players for their own reasons plus feeling the magnitude of playing the big instate school. Which is the exact opposite for Texas in this game.

I am hesitant a little though just as I see UTSA being one-dimensional and Harris could throw into mistakes. But as I said last week, if Harris has a good game, UTSA will be in the game for sure. If this was last year's UTSA team, I would say they win straight up. The loss of McCormick has been pretty big so far. UTSA pass D vulnerable, but state of Texas QB position likely minimized that weakness.

This a really tough card for me to find dogs, im sure a bunch will cash I just don’t see them! Sounds crazy but why will ND start winning today? They havnt done so once with this guy coaching yet!

How would Notre Dame win? I like Cal ATS in a low scoring game, but the perspective for ND would be that Cal's O has been poor so far and ND should bottle up everything they are going to try and do.

How would Notre Dame win? I like Cal ATS in a low scoring game, but the perspective for ND would be that Cal's O has been poor so far and ND should bottle up everything they are going to try and do.

It tough not to like the points, that a crazy amount for a 40 total!! I assume they figure out the run game and stop the run but it would be a totally new concept to this team. Seems like freeman is getting the biggest pass of all time! Not like he inherited the shitbox Kelly did when he took over, this was a perennial playoff team! It could just be he can’t coach! Or just maybe Kelly saw this coming?

I don’t feel great bout them but Nebraska and cal I think could win. I really like ku so they prob get creamed. Lol

It tough not to like the points, that a crazy amount for a 40 total!! I assume they figure out the run game and stop the run but it would be a totally new concept to this team. Seems like freeman is getting the biggest pass of all time! Not like he inherited the shitbox Kelly did when he took over, this was a perennial playoff team! It could just be he can’t coach! Or just maybe Kelly saw this coming?

Cal QB was the guy for Purdue in South Bend last year. Just looked and saw that score was 27-13 ND, think there was a late ND D score that gave them the cover? I could see a very similar game today. Cal might have a hard time getting over 13 and ND should be stuck in the 20s. If the replacement QB for ND is bad then Cal wins.

I love the coach at ND and think a rebuild requires going stupidly low to grow if the administration is on board. To make them relative in the national picture they need 2-3 shitty seasons with a coach that can make them understand how building works. Not like they were gonna be a player in the grand scheme this year anyway.

When it come to ku tho I think covering a play on them with their team total over 24.5 a good idea. I have no doubt they can score.

I love the coach at ND and think a rebuild requires going stupidly low to grow if the administration is on board. To make them relative in the national picture they need 2-3 shitty seasons with a coach that can make them understand how building works. Not like they were gonna be a player in the grand scheme this year anyway.

Why would nd need a rebuild? They were winning 10+ games every year.

That's not elite these days the way the system is set up. Gotta change to compete for a title.

Bro. I know you hate him but Kelly had them as elite they will ever be. There no way they can play w the south, they can’t bring in the same caliber athlete in bunches, maybe they get 1 of those who can get in.

Bro. I know you hate him but Kelly had them as elite they will ever be. There no way they can play w the south, they can’t bring in the same caliber athlete in bunches, maybe they get 1 of those who can get in.
To be fair I dislike ND more than any SEC team Kelly or not. But they should be better with that cash...and isn't 70% of the population Catholic? This is a great coach. Kelly hit his ceiling there...that intro at the LSU basketball game defines how big a fraud he is. Break it down and build it up.

Arkansas State vs Memphis is rivalry game. Memphis has won the last two but only by 5 and 7. I think Ohio State should've won by more than they did last week, I wasn't overly impressed with Ark State on D, but they did enough on O to manage some FGs, they got a good kicker atleast. Champ Flemming at WR for them seems like the kind of guys that Memphis usually kills teams with. He likely has a big game for Red Wolves today. Big game for Butch Jones. His team should finally be in position to win a big game. They played better down the stretch last year. Still James Blackmon at QB, but he's been around so long and wasn't awful vs OSU so maybe he isn't quite the liability he used to be.

I'm absolutely bat shit crazy, but I'm putting $10 on LaTech. I guess I do not value $10 very much, but I want it.

To be fair I dislike ND more than any SEC team Kelly or not. But they should be better with that cash...and isn't 70% of the population Catholic? This is a great coach. Kelly hit his ceiling there...that intro at the LSU basketball game defines how big a fraud he is. Break it down and build it up.

There no way Irish gonna get built higher than Kelly had them. That was their ceiling I agree. Too many restrictions to go higher. Everyone likes this guy but we have no idea if he can coach? By all accounts he a great recruiter and hell of a guy, but there no proof he can coach and the early results ain’t flattering.

I've cooled off on Villanova a good bit. They might cover, but I don't want their ML.

I can't believe the YSU number has been bet up so much. 30.5 or 31.5 now? I think they can hang in there and history for UK in these games says they win. But ML? probably more likely than LaTech though.

Buffalo, this was a close competitive game last year between these two. Banking on Coastal Carolina not being up to last year's standards, which showed up last week, a week too soon actually. Holy Cross is good team. I know, but still, they are good. Buffalo was up by 2 scores a few times early in that game, but the 4th Q Holy Cross was better. Looking for Buffalo to give Coastal a good game today.

Going to need to find some offense, more and better offense than they've had, but Cal can do it if Notre Dame QB play is below par.

Tulane has been on this stage before (at Oklahoma week 1 2021). Experienced and veteran team. If Tulane D can step up, I think the Wave O is good enough.

UMass will win this game. UMass has lost to FCS before, but those were good FCS teams. Stony Brook is not a good FCS team. UMass moved the ball at times vs both Tulane and Toledo (committed to running, almost no attempts to pass). No shame in those loses actually, they should lose those games by multiple TDs. This is their home opener and then they go on the road for two more games. Don Brown gets first win today.

Rice, already posted about them.

I bet Montana State ATS, but not ML. Betting Ohio ATS, not ML. Betting Troy ATS not ML.

Fresno can win if they can create some USC turnovers.

After reading some of the posts here, I have warmed up to Kansas. Tough spot for Houston, were told to be some kind of Group of 5 playoff contender, have been in back-to-back draining OT games vs instate teams and now here comes the little team that could with one of the best under radar coaches in American

Those are my ML options today.

Going to need to find some offense, more and better offense than they've had, but Cal can do it if Notre Dame QB play is below par.

Tulane has been on this stage before (at Oklahoma week 1 2021). Experienced and veteran team. If Tulane D can step up, I think the Wave O is good enough.

UMass will win this game. UMass has lost to FCS before, but those were good FCS teams. Stony Brook is not a good FCS team. UMass moved the ball at times vs both Tulane and Toledo (committed to running, almost no attempts to pass). No shame in those loses actually, they should lose those games by multiple TDs. This is their home opener and then they go on the road for two more games. Don Brown gets first win today.

Rice, already posted about them.

I bet Montana State ATS, but not ML. Betting Ohio ATS, not ML. Betting Troy ATS not ML.

Fresno can win if they can create some USC turnovers.

After reading some of the posts here, I have warmed up to Kansas. Tough spot for Houston, were told to be some kind of Group of 5 playoff contender, have been in back-to-back draining OT games vs instate teams and now here comes the little team that could with one of the best under radar coaches in American

Those are my ML options today.
Not sure anyone considers KU as a little team right now. Going on Houston pretty Bigly.

1st half ML not offered at my book for YSU so just gonna watch my Cats.....don't be shocked if we're down at the half.

Not fading any team with their backs against the wall...i.e. Irish and aTm

:popcorn:

Just played a 5, 6, 7, & 8-teamer RR with:

N. Texas +121
BYU +137
Vandy +115
Aubbie +126
Western Ky. +194
Texas Tech 1st Half +230
Troy 1st Half +285
Colorado St. 1st Half +400
Risked $94 ($1 per Parlay) to Win $22,341.44

Can't wait for Saturday!

:watchingsports:
gonna add some more plays with these teams as the afternoon gets going:

Bowling Green
Rice

I've cooled off on Villanova a good bit. They might cover, but I don't want their ML.

I can't believe the YSU number has been bet up so much. 30.5 or 31.5 now? I think they can hang in there and history for UK in these games says they win. But ML? probably more likely than LaTech though.

Buffalo, this was a close competitive game last year between these two. Banking on Coastal Carolina not being up to last year's standards, which showed up last week, a week too soon actually. Holy Cross is good team. I know, but still, they are good. Buffalo was up by 2 scores a few times early in that game, but the 4th Q Holy Cross was better. Looking for Buffalo to give Coastal a good game today.

I considered Buffalo also but really don’t know much bout them it was pretty much a coastal fade.

aTm back is against the wall and they need this win badly....not gonna fade them. JMHO

Only thing I did in that game was Achane over 66.5 rush yards and a td. Kinda agree w you, was scared to play Miami. Figure this has to happen for Aggies to win.

Played a 4, 5, & 6-teamer RR with the following....all FG:

Rice
Bowling Green
N. Texas
BYU
Aubbie
Vandy
Risked $22 ($1 per Parlay) to Win $2,781.54

:popcorn:

Unfortunately I cannot get a moneyline on it but really like Duquesne over Hawaii. I was able to play Duquesne +8. Dukes upset Ohio last year as a 4 TD dog, so this is achievable. Hawaii’s program is in shambles and Duquesne is trying to stack “signature” wins in consecutive years for their program over FBS teams. Coaching edge to Dukes (Timmy Chang, seriously?) and Yellen gets another start at QB even though he stinks. Dukes played in Hawaii a few years ago so the staff is familiar with the travel.

Added 1 more....3, 4, & 5-teamer RR with:

Rice FG ML
Arkansas St. FG ML
Fresno St. 1st Half ML
UTSA 1st Half ML
Texas Tech 1st Half ML
Risked $16 ($1 per Parlay) ML

BOLTA!!

Added two more....2, 3, & 4-teamer RRs with:

Rice 1st Half & FG ML
WMU 1st Half ML
UTSA 1st Half ML
Texas Tech 1st Half ML
Risked $22 Total ($1 per Parlay....2 different sets $11 total each)

BOLTA!!

LOL...adding another...two more 2, 3, & 4-teamer RRs with:

Fresno St. 1st Half ML
WMU 1st Half ML
Duquesne FG ML
Texas Tech 1st Half & FG MLs
Risked $22 Total ($1 per Parlay....2 different sets $11 total each)

The dust will settle eventually...

Gambling some more...this time a 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR with:

Rice FG ML
Duquesne FG ML
UTSA 1st Half ML
Fresno St. 1st Half ML
Risked $22 ($2 per Parlay)

I think I'm running out of teams so this might be it.... ;)

BOLTA!!

I count 8 DD dog upsets (Southern Ill vs NW, Morgan St vs Sacred Heart, Cornell vs VMI, Tulane vs K St, Bowling Green vs Marsh, Charlotte vs Ga St, Rice vs ULL and NC Central vs UNH).

And I count at least 8 more big dogs who were in the games or led late 4th Q (Temple vs Rut, South Bama vs UCLA, Cal vs ND, Troy vs App, Liberty vs Wake, Ark St vs Memphis, Missouri St vs Arky, USF vs Fla)

Down $159 after yesterday…I had Wyoming, Vandy, Rice, Troy 1st half and BG in various parlays but couldn’t string them Together…maybe next week. :rolleyes:

Hope someone out there did well!

I count 8 DD dog upsets (Southern Ill vs NW, Morgan St vs Sacred Heart, Cornell vs VMI, Tulane vs K St, Bowling Green vs Marsh, Charlotte vs Ga St, Rice vs ULL and NC Central vs UNH).

And I count at least 8 more big dogs who were in the games or led late 4th Q (Temple vs Rut, South Bama vs UCLA, Cal vs ND, Troy vs App, Liberty vs Wake, Ark St vs Memphis, Missouri St vs Arky, USF vs Fla)

Add Eastern Michigan to that, 10 DD dogs. Two 20 pt dogs winning outright.

It has to be the rolller coaster effect for Georgia State. Play a really good game outside of two blk'd punts at South Carolina, then come back and have a late, or 2H, I can't remember how late, but have that lead on UNC in the 2H and lose that game...and here comes old broke down decrepit Charlotte. I mean, it is crazy, the unpredictibility of it all. Marshall is good enough to win at Notre Dame, but bad enough to lose at Bowling Green. Eastern Michigan straight up dominated Arizona State at the line of scrimmage. No way should that happen. But it does and it's why I love it because rarely do we ever know what's going to happen and when.

So many close calls yesterday. Buffalo had Coastal in a 3rd-17 down 8 in the final minutes, Coastal is ready to snap it, but Buffalo coach doesn't like their D or something and uses one of their timeouts. Coastal comes out with a perfectly conceived and executed misdirection and throwback to a RB on the other side of the field with only one UB defender and one Coastal blocker and it goes for like 50 yards to seal the game. Coastal actually was threatening to score at the end which would've blown the spread.

And South Alabama, didn't see how it happened, but to have that game come down to a time expiring FG against UCLA?

Cal was right there all game. Hailmary rolls off their receivers chest in the EZ at the end.

Troy, oh man, I'm sure there are people that had Troy ML. Man, it is so hard for these dogs to close these games.

Arkansas State went up by 1 very late in the 4th, but couldn't stop Memphis, then Arkansas State still had a chance, were near midfield, but two false starts in a row, think it was going to be 4th-short, created like a 4th-12 and then the snap was a roller, went back like 25 yards where Memphis fell on it. So hard.

USF misses a FG at the end to tie it. Liberty misses a 2pt conversion at the end for the win. So hard.

But that is what point spreads are for. Lots of good dogs came in yesterday.

Back