• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 11 What Are We Learning

I just have to rant about the Jets. This may end up being long winded but I've just got to do it.

Great effort as usual from the defense who has pretty much shown up each and every week. Sauce is as good as any corner in the league, DJ Reed who has not received much credit due to playing alongside Sauce has also been top notch. The defensive line led by Quinnen Williams has been dominant and he will get the long term deal at big money that he deserves; just an absolutely outstanding player.

Now that the positives are out of the way where do I start in regards to the offense and offensive coaches. Zach Wilson was terrible; I can't deny it but the blame goes to many others as well. Mike Lafleur like his brother in Green Bay is completely incompetent. The whole design of the Jets offense is awful. I can't tell you how many times this team has two receivers within two yards of one another where you can't even tell who the ball was intended for.

The play calling makes no sense and completely lacks any imagination. A few weeks ago I watched video of Kurt Warner analyzing the offense and he couldn't believe how bad the structure of the offense was. This situation is not conducive to developing a young QB and if Lafleur isn't replaced at the end of the season Zach will likely suffer the same fate as Sanchez and Darnold and end up another wasted pick. Considering Saleh was the best man at Matt Lafleurs wedding the odds of him dropping his brother are probably non existent proving once again that hiring friends is almost always a big mistake.

This is now 14 straight losses to New England and the two this season are mostly due to the huge coaching advantage. The Jets complete inability to field a good offense goes all the way back to 98 when Parcells was the coach and Testeverde was the QB. I feel like I'm watching the Rex Ryan version of the Jets where its all defense with no coaches good enough to develop the offense.

As I have said Zach Wilson has not been good and deserves part of the blame but I don't think this organization is capable of developing a QB. Even if they had drafted a star talent like Mahomes or Allen this organization would have found a way to screw up their development as they have done so far with Wilson. Saleh is going to have to decide what is more important to him; a successful career coaching this team or his friendship with the Lafleur family because if he keeps this offensive staff in place he will ultimately destroy his head coaching career.

I just have to rant about the Jets. This may end up being long winded but I've just got to do it.

Great effort as usual from the defense who has pretty much shown up each and every week. Sauce is as good as any corner in the league, DJ Reed who has not received much credit due to playing alongside Sauce has also been top notch. The defensive line led by Quinnen Williams has been dominant and he will get the long term deal at big money that he deserves; just an absolutely outstanding player.

Now that the positives are out of the way where do I start in regards to the offense and offensive coaches. Zach Wilson was terrible; I can't deny it but the blame goes to many others as well. Mike Lafleur like his brother in Green Bay is completely incompetent. The whole design of the Jets offense is awful. I can't tell you how many times this team has two receivers within two yards of one another where you can't even tell who the ball was intended for.

The play calling makes no sense and completely lacks any imagination. A few weeks ago I watched video of Kurt Warner analyzing the offense and he couldn't believe how bad the structure of the offense was. This situation is not conducive to developing a young QB and if Lafleur isn't replaced at the end of the season Zach will likely suffer the same fate as Sanchez and Darnold and end up another wasted pick. Considering Saleh was the best man at Matt Lafleurs wedding the odds of him dropping his brother are probably non existent proving once again that hiring friends is almost always a big mistake.

This is now 14 straight losses to New England and the two this season are mostly due to the huge coaching advantage. The Jets complete inability to field a good offense goes all the way back to 98 when Parcells was the coach and Testeverde was the QB. I feel like I'm watching the Rex Ryan version of the Jets where its all defense with no coaches good enough to develop the offense.

As I have said Zach Wilson has not been good and deserves part of the blame but I don't think this organization is capable of developing a QB. Even if they had drafted a star talent like Mahomes or Allen this organization would have found a way to screw up their development as they have done so far with Wilson. Saleh is going to have to decide what is more important to him; a successful career coaching this team or his friendship with the Lafleur family because if he keeps this offensive staff in place he will ultimately destroy his head coaching career.

You need playmakers in the receiving group. Lafluer call will have to come from the top, much like aaron glen in detroit.

The Rams are so typical SoCal. Buy yourself some success, then agree just show how incredibly soft you are. Pathetic
I was at this game. Weakest crowd in New Orleans in a long time.
To your point, Rams should’ve won. Likely do if Stafford doesn’t leave the game. As it’s been said, no security blanket Kupp and they fall apart.

Andy Dalton is awful. Like, seriously. My oldest son asked me if I could only take 11 players where would I start. Olave was my 1st response.

I feel bad for Justin Herbert.

Also, is Dallas going to rep the NFC in the Super Bowl or are the Vikings just mid again?

Parsons is legit
Not sure what to take from that game. I do feel Minnesota was caught at the exact right time by a team with a legit D. Aside from opening day & smoking the Pack, Vikes have won all games by 8 or less & have faced some fairly shit teams. Recency bias is in full play here I'm sure, but as both a Pats & Vikes fan I could see the Pats getting the W Thursday night.

This game is about Zach. He’s the worst QB in the league. He cannot play the position in this league and will be unemployed in 2 years. Get him the fuck off the field. He cannot complete the most basic of throws. They’re wasting the best defense in the league because they have a minor league QB. Disgusting loss yesterday.

This game is about Zach. He’s the worst QB in the league. He cannot play the position in this league and will be unemployed in 2 years. Get him the fuck off the field. He cannot complete the most basic of throws. They’re wasting the best defense in the league because they have a minor league QB. Disgusting loss yesterday.
20 plus years of terrible offenses tells you this is an organizational problem and we will be complaining about the next guy as we have about every QB since Vinny had one great season. The structure of the offense is terrible and for that I blame Lafleur who is clueless.

Either hire a proven offensive coordinator who has developed QBs or just scrap the QB position entirely and go with a veteran game manager like Brissett or Bridgewater who won't kill you but absolutely will not win you a championship. Lafleur is completely incapable of developing a QB and that won't change whether Zach Wilson is the QB or the next draft pick that they will surely fail.

Also, is Dallas going to rep the NFC in the Super Bowl or are the Vikings just mid again?

Parsons is legit
Vikings were in a bad spot coming off a thrilling win in Buffalo, and the Cowboys arses were smarting after letting Rodgers squirm off the hook yet again. The books hinted at a Cowboys win all week with the line, but the level of destruction was stunning. I mean the Vikes may have been a fortunate 8-1 but they were still 8-1:

Yards - 458 to 183
3rd Down - 12/17 vs 1/11
Yards per Play - 6.5 vs 3.4
Pass Yards - 307 vs 110
Sacks - Cowboys had 7, Vikings 0
TOP - 37:24 vs 22:36

Cowboys are now #1 in the NFC and #2 in the league in point differential. They have announced themselves a contender, and as someone who's seen this flame out time and time again over the last 25+ years, I'm finally ready to buy in. It's Arizona or bust!

Vikings were in a bad spot coming off a thrilling win in Buffalo, and the Cowboys arses were smarting after letting Rodgers squirm off the hook yet again. The books hinted at a Cowboys win all week with the line, but the level of destruction was stunning. I mean the Vikes may have been a fortunate 8-1 but they were still 8-1:

Yards - 458 to 183
3rd Down - 12/17 vs 1/11
Yards per Play - 6.5 vs 3.4
Pass Yards - 307 vs 110
Sacks - Cowboys had 7, Vikings 0
TOP - 37:24 vs 22:36

Cowboys are now #1 in the NFC and #2 in the league in point differential. They have announced themselves a contender, and as someone who's seen this flame out time and time again over the last 25+ years, I'm finally ready to buy in. It's Arizona or bust!
That line made that bet so easy.

They literally told you the winner.

You need playmakers in the receiving group. Lafluer call will have to come from the top, much like aaron glen in detroit.
Most organizations let the coach pick his staff and many of these guys hire friends even if they aren't up to the job. Campbell and Glenn both have ties to Parcells so I assume they are friends and that may help Glenn keep his job. Hiring friends in sports or any other business is not a way to run things.

20 plus years of terrible offenses tells you this is an organizational problem and we will be complaining about the next guy as we have about every QB since Vinny had one great season. The structure of the offense is terrible and for that I blame Lafleur who is clueless.

Either hire a proven offensive coordinator who has developed QBs or just scrap the QB position entirely and go with a veteran game manager like Brissett or Bridgewater who won't kill you but absolutely will not win you a championship. Lafleur is completely incapable of developing a QB and that won't change whether Zach Wilson is the QB or the next draft pick that they will surely fail.
You know I love you like my third cousin's brother-in-laws, sister's uncle...

But you're dead fucking wrong here.

This is a Zach Wilson is a piece of shit that shouldn't be in the NFL problem. You have a competent running game (and Breece when he returns next year), you have an offensive line so decimated with injuries and is STILL not crumbling (yesterday aside), you have decent wide outs in Davis, Wilson, Moore and Mims...you have a SUPER BOWL caliber defense.

THIS IS ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK BEING INCOMPETENT. DON'T GIVE ME THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR...HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO CALL AN OFFENSE WHEN YOUR SIGNAL CALLER CANNOT MAKE THE MOST BASIC THROWS?!?!

GET HIM THE FUCK OFF THE FIELD, OFF THE TEAM AND OUT OF THE GOD DAMN LEAGUE. HE IS FLAMING HOT GARBAGE.

Any average at best quarterback has this team 7-3 or 8-2 at this point. Just a disgusting performance yesterday.

TWO yards of offense in the 2nd half? Practice squad players can do better than that. Ridiculous.

Most organizations let the coach pick his staff and many of these guys hire friends even if they aren't up to the job. Campbell and Glenn both have ties to Parcells so I assume they are friends and that may help Glenn keep his job. Hiring friends in sports or any other business is not a way to run things.

100%. It goes on everywhere. Drinking buddies

This is a Zach Wilson is a piece of shit that shouldn't be in the NFL problem. You have a competent running game (and Breece when he returns next year), you have an offensive line so decimated with injuries and is STILL not crumbling (yesterday aside), you have decent wide outs in Davis, Wilson, Moore and Mims...you have a SUPER BOWL caliber defense.

THIS IS ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK BEING INCOMPETENT. DON'T GIVE ME THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR...HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO CALL AN OFFENSE WHEN YOUR SIGNAL CALLER CANNOT MAKE THE MOST BASIC THROWS?!?!

GET HIM THE FUCK OFF THE FIELD, OFF THE TEAM AND OUT OF THE GOD DAMN LEAGUE. HE IS FLAMING HOT GARBAGE.

Any average at best quarterback has this team 7-3 or 8-2 at this point. Just a disgusting performance yesterday.

TWO yards of offense in the 2nd half? Practice squad players can do better than that. Ridiculous.

But your wrs were getting no separation which is a scheme problem and a Zach problem

Where is this competent running game without Breece and if you think this current offensive line is good you are watching a different game. The WRs from yesterday were Wilson who is good, Mims who quite simply isn't and Moore who hasn't even been put on the field for more than a handful of plays before yesterday and has had limited targets.

You couldn't be more wrong about Lafleur who is clueless. Don't worry you will get a new QB to complain about next year when the offense still sucks as it has since 98. Bring in a new coordinator and if Wilson struggles under that coach get rid of him and go with whatever loser is behind door number 3 because until they hire coaches that know how to develop a QB nothing will change.

Doesn't matter who the QB is with this team they will all fail. You know what just offer Green Bay 2 firsts for Rodgers because the only way this offense has a chance is with a veteran star who can run the offense on his own and doesn't need any coaching whatsoever. Rodgers can design the offense and call his own plays while Lafleur can keep his coordinator title under his friend Saleh.

Rodgers did just fine under Hackett who did nothing so it can work with Lafleur as well. The Jets tried this years ago with Favre on his last legs so why not go down that road again.

One thing I've learned is that @scarf31 hasn't ripped into me this much since I predicted Baker Mayfield was going first overall in the NFL draft and we all know how that turned out. Still love the debate even though I know I am right. Only time will tell but I see both Lafleur brothers either out of the league entirely pretty soon.

Ben Johnson is the man you want. That dude is going to be a star
I fully admit I had to look up who that was since I'm pretty sure the other Ben Johnson stopped running track years ago. The Lions offense has been very good so this is exactly the kind of coach I want running the Jets offense.

I give up just trade Zach to the Niners for Lance so he can have a chance. Its time they just give up trying to develop a QB and sign a game manager so they can finish
9-8 and draft 18-20 every year.

I fully admit I had to look up who that was since I'm pretty sure the other Ben Johnson stopped running track years ago. The Lions offense has been very good so this is exactly the kind of coach I want running the Jets offense.

He will be here a year or two.. Maybe only end of this year.. He gone.

Zach still a young buck. Can't give up on these kids so damn fast. Everyone wants the next mahomes or Allen. It doesn't work that way. Only a few qbs every generation are so good.

The next stud is Caleb Williams. He's got it all

Zach still a young buck. Can't give up on these kids so damn fast. Everyone wants the next mahomes or Allen. It doesn't work that way. Only a few qbs every generation are so good.

A big reason why these kids fail is they are rushed and not given time to develop.

people were driving the stake through Allen's heart year one.

Back