Week 11 What Are We Learning?

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Post your thoughts!

Do we start perceiving Kirk Cousins more positively?

What is wrong with the Saints? How deep are theirs/Buffalo's problems?

Eagle rush attack making it a sneaky Wild Card contender

Having to rely too much on Tannehill might be worse than we thought

49ers killing it again with ball control

Dolphins quietly putting together three-game win streak

I will start by answering the questions above

Cousins is a good QB but will always be hard to trust in big spots.

Saints are finally succumbing to not having a QB

I still say the Eagles are smoke and mirrors but they continue to prove me wrong

Tannehill is not a big time QB period end of discussion. He is a game manager who can win with Henry and good defense but is completely incapable of carrying a team.

Niners can win with Jimmy G and wasted their time moving up for a project QB. Shanahan supposedly wanted Mac and was overrruled and is not a fan of Lance at all.

The Dolphins win streak should be quiet when two of the wins were against Houston and the Jets. They had a nice fluke win against Baltimore but they are still a garbage team and Tua is incapable of completing a pass more than 10 yards or so in the air.

I will repeat what I have said about Robert Saleh and that he is not even an upgrade over Gase and he should be let go after the season. When you are a defensive coach and your side of the ball is historically bad its time to move on.

Im literally laughing at all the titans hate. They just ran the gauntlet thru a brutal stretch and have pats on deck this was a brutal spot for them. Add Dupree out. Jackrabbit out. AJ left the game so you’ve got zero play makers left on offense and they had over 400 yards of offense just were killed by turnovers. They will clean it up. Can’t win every game. I do agree Tannehill can’t do it by himself. If Julio and AJ are out, along w Henry it’s gonna be tough BUT we shall see. Name me a team who has both starting wideouts and rb out that’ll win games?

Coaches continue to outsmart themselves going for it on 4th down instead of taking fgs. Titans did it a couple times today, Steelers did it tonight, etc. it used to be teams would go for it on 4th and short, otherwise take the fg. Not so anymore. If Titans had taken those fgs they would’ve had the ball needing just a field goal to tie towards the end of the game. It could very well come back to bite the Steelers tonight. I just don’t get it.

I hear you Big Daddy, and I like this team, but they lost to the Jets and Texans….that’s pretty bad. I don’t think they would be criticized as much if they lost to even middle tier teams. I doubt there has ever been a Super Bowl winning team who lost to the two worst teams in their conference.

I will repeat what I have said about Robert Saleh and that he is not even an upgrade over Gase and he should be let go after the season. When you are a defensive coach and your side of the ball is historically bad its time to move on.

You want to trade one buffoon for another? You can have Matt Campbell for a bag of baked lays.

Chiefs were great in the first 18 minutes or so. Then they couldn't do anything and mahomes went back to doing dumb shit. Dallas gave them that game.

Im literally laughing at all the titans hate. They just ran the gauntlet thru a brutal stretch and have pats on deck this was a brutal spot for them. Add Dupree out. Jackrabbit out. AJ left the game so you’ve got zero play makers left on offense and they had over 400 yards of offense just were killed by turnovers. They will clean it up. Can’t win every game. I do agree Tannehill can’t do it by himself. If Julio and AJ are out, along w Henry it’s gonna be tough BUT we shall see. Name me a team who has both starting wideouts and rb out that’ll win games?

Weather was a disaster too... But fuck, you cannot lose to the sorry ass Texans at home. This is from a titans lover too.

Taylor Heineke is a ball player. He leads and does not quit

Colt is best back-up in NFL
Finally addressed the backup issue in the offseason with a QB who can stand in and run Kliff's system well when inevitably Kyler gets dinged up. When Kliff had Covid Colt was in the room with a couple offensive coaches to help with calling plays from the sideline. Seems to fit right into the puzzle.

Weather was a disaster too... But fuck, you cannot lose to the sorry ass Texans at home. This is from a titans lover too.
I know but we also play up or down to competition as shown by the last several weeks and losses to jets and hou. I’m more concerned about having no playmakers left

Hard to score with your skill guys out. Hope they will be ok for the stretch run
Not the worst thing in the world with the longer season that it happens this time of year, get them healthy for stretch run/playoffs

I only had a couple plays today but they did well. Probably my easiest play was going against my favorite team the Raiders. I have a feeling I will be fading them the rest of the season as money is more important than watching my football team win...

i'm still shocked the putrid steeler offense moved it so easily on the chargers. Staley was supposed to give up the run so he can have extra defenders to stop the pass - what was that ? Is staley overrated, his defense this year is underwhelming.

For some reason the saints great run defense can't defend philly worth a lick. learning that matchups/scheme is everything in nfl. We saw it last week with mcvay- shanahan. Well this week - I didn't realize philly ran all over saints last year. It made sense to take the saints - a good matchup in theory until you realize it's actually a bad matchup. Assume scheme ?? Saints linebackers looked like the slowest linebackers in the league. It was amazing really. I still think the eagles are overvalued

I think alot of people were on seattle this week in a must win. maybe betting against the cardinals on the road in a must win for the home team isn't a good idea. browns, 49ers, seahawks have all fell victim.

Titans lost to jets and texans - this team looks like the ultimate flat spot team.

ron rivera and del rio - these 2 oldheads have rallied the troops and skins seem to be a second half of season team.

chiefs defense - has a defense ever improved so much in the history of the nfl in one year ?

Dallas ' backup Olineman stink
Is Dak still hurt? They will not move him out of the collapsing pocket.

Learn along with me:

NE/ATL - Are we really ready to trust these Pats as a TD favorite, on the road, on a short week, with a rookie QB, against a team with a competent QB? Did Brady come back? I didn't think so. Atlanta +7 for me. OK, time to trust the Pats defense as being very good, pretty much back to 2019 level. The offense is serviceable but not world beaters. Once Patterson was declared out it left the Falcons with just one top level weapon, and we know Bill knows how to shut down one weapon. Bad call on my part.

Indy/Buf - Interesting that the last 3 teams Indy's played were also played by the Bills in the last 4 weeks. Results slightly favor Indy. Think these two teams will keep it fairly close so Indy +7 and I like the over 50 too. Pretty clear that the trend for Indy has been up in recent weeks while the Bills are spinning their wheels a bit, but still dangerous. The Thursday night game with the Saints will be interesting.

Balt/Chi - Ravens in a bounce back spot against a team with a spotty run D. Have to think they figured out what went wrong in Miami. Bears are playing better on offense the last couple of games. Like Ravens based on pedigree but not sure they can cover. Pass. Once Lamar was declared out all bets were off (although I had none, lol). The Ravens continue to find ways to win. But hurry back Lamar! Even with the Red Rifle back they can't make Allen Robinson a thing this year.

Det/Cle - Battle of the never super bowl teams, Lions have consistently failed to string together two good efforts in a row, while the Browns are looking to clean off the stench from getting pummeled last week. Big number to cover but with Chubb back the Browns should have enough. Cle -10. Browns ran out to a 13-0 lead and I thought this bet was in the bag. Then they fell asleep in the second half and had to stop Detroit on three fourth quarter possessions where the Lions were threatening. That's two decent efforts in a row for the Lions, are they improving just in time to pull the upset on Turkey Day? Maybe!

Hou/Tenn - Titans starting to win ugly without the King in the lineup, While the Texans are just ugly. Will do the usual 1st half bet on Tenny and double down in the 2nd half if they fail. Ugly wins turned into just plain ugly in this one. FIVE turnovers for the Tits. Houston generated only 190 yards of offense. This is a burn the tape game.

GB/Minn - Should be the usual tight divisional tilt with swings in both directions. Both teams capable of getting the outright win, and the spread gives no clues. Would think under but there's too much talent out there to trust it. Pass all the way around. As predicted, just a great back and forth game. Glad I laid off the total as the bigtime talent took it to an easy over. When are the Pack going to send Crosby to the retirement home? 32 yd miss!

Mia/NYJ - There's an old saying.....never thought I'd get the chance to bet against Joe Flacco again. Miami aren't exactly road warriors though. Lean is Dolphins -3 but not thrilled with it. Flacco actually wasn't terrible, only took two sacks but they were both huge. On the first one he fumbled it away at the Miami 5. The second one killed their first drive of the 4th quarter after Miami had just retaken the lead. I'd still bet against him more often than not.

NO/Phil - Big bounce back spot for the Saints. Eagles newfound rushing attack runs into the Saints top ranked run D. I'll gobble up the +1.5 on the Saints as they should win outright. Wow, terrible read on this one. Saints with Simien have been horrible for 3 quarters for 3 straight games before attempting a late rally. When does Payton go to Taysom Hill? On this short week? Doesn't seem likely. Hard not to like the Bills this week. Eagles are just running over people; they've turned into Baltimore 2020. Don't look now but they have a lot of winnable games left and are only 2.5 games behind Dallas.

Was/Car - Hard to believe but Cam is apparently an upgrade over Darnold. Rivera will know the things Cam doesn't like to do and will try to make him do those things. Spread wants to shy us away from the Panthers by requiring us to take the hook. I think its worth the risk. Panthers -3.5. Didn't get much out of this game. Both teams seemed pretty evenly matched so in retrospect the hook probably should've pushed us towards the winner. Carolina is much less likeable now.

SF/Jax - Niners with a massive MNF divisional win now have to go cross country and play the 1 pm game against a bad Jaguars team that has won two straight at home and rallied vs. Indy. Yeah I'll take a shot with the +6.5 on the Jags. Niners just bullied the Jags all game long. Opening drive was 20 plays, took 13 minutes! Still only netted a FG. Jags only got to run 44 plays. Still, Niners only had 333 yards, so it was an efficient 30 they put up. How on earth does Dan Arnold go from 10, 7 and 8 targets the last 3 games to ZERO today? And you'd think after about the third time Deebo lined up in the back that the Jags would realize he's absolutely going to get the ball. C'mon Urb.

Cinc/LV - Two teams trying to crack a two game losing streak and bad losses where the opponent dropped 40+ on them. Both teams are used to fading the 2nd half of seasons, so its hard to say which one will rise up and keep their playoff hopes front and center. Pass. Figures to be entertaining though. This one was tight with 10 minutes left, then the new Joe Cool led the Bengals on a 12 play TD drive and Carr turned into Bad Derek, with turnovers on consecutive possessions leading to short drives for another 10 points. Bengals are committing to running Mixon more and more each week and its working. The one Raiders bright spot was getting Waller more involved again. Cincy has a massive game next week at home against Pittsburgh. Raiders have a tough short turnaround and head to Dallas.

Dal/KC - Cowboys getting love from the bettors as a road dog and yet the line stays stuck on the Chiefs. Will be rooting obviously but I can't bet it. Should be a barn burner though. League is due for a classic. This one was anything but a classic as Dak was already handcuffed without Cooper and also without a left tackle, and the Chiefs were able to bottle him up pretty well. Full credit to the Dallas defense as well missing Randy Gregory but still limiting Mahomes to 19 points. 33 percent conversion rate for both teams. Classic McCarthy, gearing up for a shootout, calls three pass plays the first series, Dallas goes 3 and out, then the Chiefs use their scripted play set to march in for a TD. After that it was 75% passes, even though it was never worse than a 2 score game and Dallas ended up without both Cooper and Lamb. CEH looked pretty good in his return, and both defenses should be championship caliber complements to their offenses.

Ari/Sea - Last chance for the Seahawks to stay relevant, would expect them to pull out all the stops in this one. Cards need to come back off a loss, but not sure if Kyler will play. If he does, I like the Cards to cover. If he doesn't, Colt wilts again versus the 12th man. Well Kyler didn't come back but the Cards covered anyway as Colt McCoy was pretty damn solid. Russ doesn't seem 100% and time is running out for them. Cards d-line was overwhelming Seattle at times. When Kyler and Nuk return that team will be the NFC favorite.

Pit/LAC - The Covid Bowl as Bosa is out, Minkah is out, Ben trying to come back. TJ Watt is also banged up. As bad as Tomlin is as a home fave he's quite good as a road dog, especially at night. Line has drifted up to -5.5 which may imply Ben sits out another one. I'll take the points and assume he's going to be out there. Yeah, Collinsworth had it right, those mofos are tough to kill. But without TJ Watt, Haden and Minkah their defense was only Cam Heyward and a lot of jags, and Herbert sliced them to bits. Steelers put up 27 in the forth with only about 100 yards of offense, which is ridiculous. They also ran for 3.1 ypc against what was the last place run defense in the league. Still, the Chargers desire to blow games remains a strong part of their identity.

NYG/Tam - Brady & Co. at home are just a different beast than on the road. Think they cover the -10.5. I still like it. Can't wait to hear what Eli thinks about his former squad. Maybe Peyton will let him talk a little bit.

Dallas ' backup Olineman stink
Is Dak still hurt? They will not move him out of the collapsing pocket.
I think he's healthy. KC just did a great job of compacting the pocket without giving him escape routes. He takes a little while to decide to tuck and run at times. Needs to be more decisive like Herbert was last night. The kid had quick awareness of what the D was doing and when he could run it he did. Herbert reminded me a lot of Elway in that game, throwing darts and making great decisions.

Can Newton cannot throw the ball more than 20 yards. The DBs are gonna be squatting on all of the routes. Under plays on his outside guys.

I don’t think anything changed w cousins, we have seen him put up great games like this before, it when the pressure on when he folds like a cheap tent. Did you see how he tried to lose the game on that final drive several times? Even on a day he was amazing he made 2 throws that shoulda lost him the game if packers defenders could catch! I don’t think anybody has ever doubted he plenty talented enough, it his mental makeup that the question and if anything yesterday just solidified that imo.

Pete Carroll shoulda been fired 2 years ago, he has totally run that team into the ground! I don’t understand why they switched OC’s this last off season cause they still the exact same garbage offense that rather run the ball on 1st and 2nd down w some 3rd string running back than let their HOF qb and very good wrs make plays. No passing game gonna work if you only let them throw on 3rd and obvious after a couple failed run plays!

Russ had 9 fucking pass attempts going into last drive of the 1st half, colt stinking McCoy had more than 20!!! Something really wrong with that picture! Shit is pathetic you can’t score points w that qb and those weapons on the outside.

This!

Is there a lot of Titans hate? You know me, I like to bang on them but I agree w you it silly to over yesterday’s game. Texans was easiest bet of the week for me, totally obvious terrible spot for Titans against a team off a bye and who I think better w Tyrod. Just Tyrod legs I thought would be big cause he could negate all that up the middle pressure you guys killing teams with! Again like you said Titans played a 6 week stretch better than anyone else this year beating a bunch of playoff teams! Every other top team has laid a egg or 2, it was time for ya’ll to have one. I’d rather ya’ll pulled it out and just didn’t cover cause I was wanting to fade them again against pats but off a loss I’m not so sure, lol.

Is there a lot of Titans hate? You know me, I like to bang on them but I agree w you it silly to over yesterday’s game. Texans was easiest bet of the week for me, totally obvious terrible spot for Titans against a team off a bye and who I think better w Tyrod. Just Tyrod legs I thought would be big cause he could negate all that up the middle pressure you guys killing teams with! Again like you said Titans played a 6 week stretch better than anyone else this year beating a bunch of playoff teams! Every other top team has laid a egg or 2, it was time for ya’ll to have one. I’d rather ya’ll pulled it out and just didn’t cover cause I was wanting to fade them again against pats but off a loss I’m not so sure, lol.
It’s everywhere bro. All the media shitting on them lol

It’s everywhere bro. All the media shitting on them lol

I try to listen to all that shit as little as possible. Doesnt really surprise me much, they all a bunch of over-reactionary morons. They make such a big deal over every game it so dumb, with this 17 game schedule and way shit is now every team gonna lose 4-5 games every year. the funny thing is I know ppl who listen to that crap and act all shocked every week like they can’t believe so and so lost, or how bad or good a team is cause of 1 game, crazy how few ppl can put anything into context.

Back