• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 11 Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9 Tue 2021

06:00 PM
101Buffalo+7
O 57
102Miami Ohio-7
U 57
105Akron+25
O 62
106Western Michigan-25
U 62
07:00 PM
103Ohio+7½
O 61
104Eastern Michigan-7½
U 61
Nov 10 Wed 2021

107Toledo-9½
O 52½
108Bowling Green+9½
U 52½
111Ball State-2½
O 61½
112Northern Illinois+2½
U 61½
109Kent State+3
O 71
110Central Michigan-3
U 71
Nov 11 Thu 2021

06:30 PM
115North Carolina+6
O 76
116Pittsburgh-6
U 76
Nov 12 Fri 2021

05:00 PM
117Cincinnati-23½
O 59
118South Florida+23½
U 59
08:00 PM
119Wyoming+14
O 47
120Boise State-14
U 47
Nov 13 Sat 2021

11:00 AM
121West Virginia+5½
O 47
122Kansas State-5½
U 47
125Connecticut+40
O 49½
126Clemson-40
U 49½
133Michiganpk
O 47
134Penn Statepk
U 47
135Rutgers+6½
O 43½
136Indiana-6½
U 43½
137Houston-24
O 56
138Temple+24
U 56
141Syracuse+3
O 56
142Louisville-3
U 56
149Oklahoma-6
O 64
150Baylor+6
U 64
153Northwestern+23
O 42
154Wisconsin-23
U 42
01:00 PM
123Georgia State+10½
O 53
124Coastal Carolina-10½
U 53
02:30 PM
127Minnesota+6½
O 37
128Iowa-6½
U 37
129Duke+11
O 48½
130Virginia Tech-11
U 48½
131Boston College+2½
O 51½
132Georgia Tech-2½
U 51½
03:00 PM
139Maryland+13
O 63
140Michigan State-13
U 63
145Kansas+30
O 60½
146Texas-30
U 60½
147NC State+2½
O 66½
148Wake Forest-2½
U 66½
151Notre Dame-5
O 64½
152Virginia+5
U 64½
143TCU+13½
O 54½
144Oklahoma State-13½
U 54½

Somebody will need to help me understand why Cincinnati O has gotten off track the last few weeks. I do respect the Navy D and Tulsa's D has at times played well. Not sure how one explains the Tulane performance. That makes 3 straight games of underwhelming Cincy O given the expectations. Is it ranking pressure maybe? But even before we've seen Cincy O struggle for parts of games.

USF has been dependent on non-offensive TDs the last few games.

USF ran two KOs back vs Houston. Little lazy of me, but take those away and the game might look like 54-28, instead of 54-42.

USF had a KO and D TD vs Tulsa. Again, lazy to just assume their O wouldn't have maybe driven for a score on those possessions, but take those away and that game might look like 32-17, instead of 32-31.

Now, maybe these plays have just become part of USF's DNA. As much attention as Marcus Jones has gotten as AAC's most dangerous special teams return man, Battie now has 3 KO ret TDs for USF.

It's hard to get worse on D that what USF does. If Cincy limits the non-offensive TDs that USF has become accustomed to, maybe this is the week Cincy enjoys their first blowout win since mid October?

Last year's Cincy - USF game was another one of those head scratching Bearcat performances.

Boise State has lost their last 3 home games straight up! I can't imagine when the last time Boise was so bad at home. They are just 1-3 ATS at home this year (lone cover vs UTEP). Losses vs Air Force, Nevada and Oklahoma State (1 pt loss - strange game). Perhaps those are somewhat understandable.

Boise doesn't lose to Wyoming, except for that one year in Laramie with Josh Allen, we had that in our underdog thread that year. Nothing close to a Josh Allen type on this team, but Wyoming has been able to hang with them a couple times, covering 2 of last 3. Will be an interesting game if both teams duplicate their performances from last week. Wyoming finally got back on track and Boise was dominant at Fresno.

Where's the SEC thread? I was thinking South Carolina would be in quite the let-down spot, but this is their last realistic chance to gain bowl eligibility...Mizzou should receive their full attention.

Oregon State has lost 2 in a row straight up as favorites. Good team, solid team, but plenty of growing pains still.

If Stanford has a shred of pride they compete better atleast on defense. If McKee returns this week it will be better, some kind of knee injury though not sure timetable. Read he was using crutches last week.

Where's the SEC thread? I was thinking South Carolina would be in quite the let-down spot, but this is their last realistic chance to gain bowl eligibility...Mizzou should receive their full attention.
Two crap teams always fire me up for an over, hoping the letdown will at least be on defense. Mizzou should feel like they're moving the ball against air after the UGA game, not like they aren't capable of scoring a bunch...then there's the Mizzou defense that might accidentally give up 40 to USCe

I want to take Pitt Thursday. @2daBank what you got on your Pitt panthers?!

i think they probably the right side, gotta be somewhat concerned that heels will be able to roast pitt secondary. The good news is Howell should be under a bunch of pressure all game and i dont think heels will be able to run on pitt, if you look at Howell/heels the last 2 years (despite the hype he receives) this offense really goes as the run game does. Howell been running a lot this year, he has had 6 freaking games where he went for 98 or more! that about the toughest part of this game for me to figure out, will pitt be able to bottle that up along with Chandler? im not sure. i see there a pretty high likelihood of rain which could change the dynamic a bit if it bad enough to effect the passing games.

How Wake play a conference game but have it not count as a conference game?

because some weird acc crap where thanks to size of conf this rival would only play so often, they came together and agreed to play even years they not scheduled to do so in conf, this was one those years. That was another thing that gave me pause about wake, obviously they want to be undefeated but that game had no effect on whether they win the acc. dumb.

?

They're 5-1 in ACC

W: FSU, UVA, Ville, Cuse, Duke
L: UNC

OOC: ODU, Norfolk St, Army

false.. unc/wake wasnt counted as a conf game.. goggle it,, they no longer scheduled to play in acc every year so they agreed to continue playing the game even years they are not, so instead of scheduling some bogus little sister of the poor out of conf they play each other.

false.. unc/wake wasnt counted as a conf game.. goggle it,, they no longer scheduled to play in acc every year so they agreed to continue playing the game even years they are not, so instead of scheduling some bogus little sister of the poor out of conf they play each other.
You clearly didn't read all the way through before this post lol

I want to take Pitt Thursday. @2daBank what you got on your Pitt panthers?!

i think they probably the right side, gotta be somewhat concerned that heels will be able to roast pitt secondary. The good news is Howell should be under a bunch of pressure all game and i dont think heels will be able to run on pitt, if you look at Howell/heels the last 2 years (despite the hype he receives) this offense really goes as the run game does. Howell been running a lot this year, he has had 6 freaking games where he went for 98 or more! that about the toughest part of this game for me to figure out, will pitt be able to bottle that up along with Chandler? im not sure. i see there a pretty high likelihood of rain which could change the dynamic a bit if it bad enough to effect the passing games.
I'm interested in Pitt in that game too, but the Heels have shown some toughness I didn't think they had the last few weeks. They keep fighting when they get behind, lost v. N Dame, but stayed in there competing. Their D looks like crap at times, but hangs in there and gets some stops at key points.

I still lean to Pitt, but N Carolina earned a little respect the last few weeks

Does either school view this as a rivalry game?

Seems like Pitt/UNC if you take both team totals over you're much more likely to go 2-0 as opposed to 0-2, game over probably a nice cherry too

74.5 is obv a huge number but for good reason. As I can see it tt would be Pitt 40.5/UNC 34 and eclipsing those are very doable

Seems like Pitt/UNC if you take both team totals over you're much more likely to go 2-0 as opposed to 0-2, game over probably a nice cherry too

74.5 is obv a huge number but for good reason. As I can see it tt would be Pitt 40.5/UNC 34 and eclipsing those are very doable

i was gonna say i might like pitt team total over as much as side but then i saw the weather.. im just not sure on heels total for full game, they will prob shred pitt secondary but there a good chance Howell under a bunch of pressure similar to he faced when they played vatech. Heels offense becomes kinda easy to stop if they cant get a run game going which i think they will struggle with here, they have a tendency to get away from it when it not working then teams can tee off against a pretty poor pass blocking line. Pretty certain they will hit pitt for some big plays since everyone is but im not sure they will be able to consistently drive the field? if we talking heavy rain i dont want any part of any total as high as these are.

Going to roll with these.

1) USF +23.5 - USF playing well. At home. Extra 2 days. Cincy winning unimpressively and needs to travel on short week. I think way too many points.

2) Washington State +14 - Another team playing good ball winning 4 of 5 with 2 point loss to BYU. And extra week to prepare. I think it comes down to last drive.

3) Purdue +20 - Another team playing good ball getting 20. Outside of Wisconsin (5 TO's) they've played solid football. I think another solid game keeps Boilers within 10

4) New Mexico State +51.5
- They can move ball. I think they can get to 13. I don't see Saban running it up too much

5) E Carolina +6 - Memphis let down and they never met a close game they didn't like. Even game. I'll take 6

6) South Alabama +22.5 - lost by 2, 2, 10 and 7 on the year. Time for Appy to have a close one.

7) Vandy +21 - Kentucky tendency to not blow anybody out. Vandy at home with extra week. I'll take em and hold nose.

8) Troy +6.5 - Losses to Liberty, South Carolina and Coastal Carolina all singe digits. Louisiana likes the close road games. Let's do it again.

9) Minnesota +6
- I feared Iowa at home. But watched their last few games. They are who I think they are....putrid offense. Gimme 6

10) Rice +18,5 - W. Kentucky last 2 games vs backup QB's. Rice is at home and playing good for Rice. Expecting Rice to shorten game with effective running game.

11) Old Dominion +6.5
- Playing good lately. At home. 3 games left all winnable for bowl eligibility. Big game for Old Dominion.

12) Georgia vs Tennessee game over 56 - Tennessee never met a shootout they weren't interested in.

13) Utah State +4.5 - Riding the hot team.

14) Tease - NC State +9 with Nevada +9.5 - I think I got the 2 better teams getting over a TD

1) USF +23.5 - USF playing well. At home. Extra 2 days. Cincy winning unimpressively and needs to travel on short week. I think way too many points.

2) Washington State +14 - Another team playing good ball winning 4 of 5 with 2 point loss to BYU. And extra week to prepare. I think it comes down to last drive.

3) Purdue +20 - Another team playing good ball getting 20. Outside of Wisconsin (5 TO's) they've played solid football. I think another solid game keeps Boilers within 10

4) New Mexico State +51.5 - They can move ball. I think they can get to 13. I don't see Saban running it up too much

5) E Carolina +6 - Memphis let down and they never met a close game they didn't like. Even game. I'll take 6

6) South Alabama +22.5 - lost by 2, 2, 10 and 7 on the year. Time for Appy to have a close one.

7) Vandy +21 - Kentucky tendency to not blow anybody out. Vandy at home with extra week. I'll take em and hold nose.

8) Troy +6.5 - Losses to Liberty, South Carolina and Coastal Carolina all singe digits. Louisiana likes the close road games. Let's do it again.

9) Minnesota +6 - I feared Iowa at home. But watched their last few games. They are who I think they are....putrid offense. Gimme 6

10) Rice +18,5 - W. Kentucky last 2 games vs backup QB's. Rice is at home and playing good for Rice. Expecting Rice to shorten game with effective running game.

11) Old Dominion +6.5 - Playing good lately. At home. 3 games left all winnable for bowl eligibility. Big game for Old Dominion.

12) Georgia vs Tennessee game over 56 - Tennessee never met a shootout they weren't interested in.

14) Tease - NC State +9 with Nevada +9.5 - I think I got the 2 better teams getting over a TD
Gotta say it’s so much more enjoyable watching TN football again. Pruitt ball made me want to cut my own eyes out and smash them with a brick. GL this week. Tend to agree on Vols over. Haven’t dug in elsewhere yet

San Jose -4.5/5 home vs Utah State at first looked wrong to me, but maybe not.

USU was -7 at UNLV just a few weeks ago. SJ was -6 at UNLV. So viewed pretty even. UNLV could've actually beat both of them, instead the road chalks escaped with narrow wins. Starkel is back, so guess that bumps them up. However, he was having a poor season before he got hurt. The O has a better chance now with him under center, but I don't know if all their other issues go away? They outplayed Nevada last week but lost. Utah State didn't show up until the 2nd H last week, then won big once they did.

Colorado State was -2.5 at both Utah State and at Wyoming. San Jose was -3 home vs WYO so -4.5/5 home vs USU with Starkel I guess a point or two bump for Starkel is right. I would think USU is better than Wyoming but comparing spreads doesn't bear that out.

Utah State is the team that is playing well and having a good season. San Jose was supposed to, but are not. This is going to be a pretty interesting game.

Jimmy Lake suspended one game and OC Donovan fired. Makes it hard to predict what Washington is going to play like this week.

Need to monitor Cal again this week. It's a city of Berkeley covid policy issue that forced Cal to play without 7 starters, 24 total players did not travel along with a dozen coaches and support staff individuals. The players could be back for the USC game, but assumption is they will be away from the team all week (per Berkeley policy for positive tests) so no practice. This is only a situation for Cal, this is not any kind of PAC12 policy. Teams aren't testing players, but after a couple players tested positive somewhere else, the city required Cal's entire team and staff to be tested.

Jimmy Lake suspended one game and OC Donovan fired. Makes it hard to predict what Washington is going to play like this week.

If they had any sense they would suggest to Lake not to let the OC use his boxes to pack!! He be needing them shortly! I imagine he got some kind of great buyout tho, god I’d kill for a life where I could be so incompetent I get paid to go away!!! These college coaches agents are worth every penny! They probably underpaid!!

Need to monitor Cal again this week. It's a city of Berkeley covid policy issue that forced Cal to play without 7 starters, 24 total players did not travel along with a dozen coaches and support staff individuals. The players could be back for the USC game, but assumption is they will be away from the team all week (per Berkeley policy for positive tests) so no practice. This is only a situation for Cal, this is not any kind of PAC12 policy. Teams aren't testing players, but after a couple players tested positive somewhere else, the city required Cal's entire team and staff to be tested.

So do they have a Rona outbreak? Even if they back any player who actually had it could very well be sluggish, we saw that a lot with some nfl players last year.

4) New Mexico State +51.5 - They can move ball. I think they can get to 13. I don't see Saban running it up too much

9) Minnesota +6 - I feared Iowa at home. But watched their last few games. They are who I think they are....putrid offense. Gimme 6

11) Old Dominion +6.5 - Playing good lately. At home. 3 games left all winnable for bowl eligibility. Big game for Old Dominion.

Good stuff. I could see myself on several of these. I was just pondering last week if maybe taking points vs Bearcats could be a good idea (wish I woulda acted on, lol). Everyone expects them to blow these teams out for style points but that a tough task when the entire conf knows this and don’t wanna be the team getting boat raced. Not like Bearcats a high octane offense either, the only way for them to get margin is holding teams who know them well to incredibly low scores.

I played south bama last week and they did me in, looking at the box score not sure how the hell Troy scored 31 in 1st half? Shut them out in second and had a chance to cover but opted for fg to get within 7 late instead of going for the td to cover! The defense did exactly what I expected them to far as Troy lack of yards,, I’m assuming special teams and turnovers did them in. Definitely like the idea of getting more than 20 points here! They played Ull within 2! They def have the kind of defense that can keep them in games vs the better sun belt teams.

I’m always interested in playing Ecu when they getting points, I don’t love fading Memphis at home tho, they been one the best home teams in country last few years. Henigan and the defense looked really good last week. Have to look closer at this one.

You can have Vandy all to yourself! Lol. Im certainly not interested in laying it with uk but if there not better plays than vandy I’ll take the week off!!

I don’t like ncaa teasers but I do like both sides you teasing there. Nevada in particular, I think fresno showed us what I suspected about sdst, their pass defense numbers are a bit fraudulent thanks to the fact they havnt faced many capable passing attacks. Not sure Nevada will be able to run like fresno did but I’m pretty confident they will put up a number that be tough for Aztecs to match.

Is the dog thread up for this week? I didn’t see it so ill talk bout this one here.

I think might be a case for wyo to cover +14 for sure, maybe to win. I know, I know, I’m a big boise hater this year, I been mostly right on when to fade them tho, I wouldn’t play them last week even tho I knew ya’ll had the right idea in doing so, I sure didn’t bet fresno! Only thing that surprised me was how easily they beat fresno.

I didn’t see any of that game but thought it was a good matchup. I don’t think this matchup nearly as favorable for boise even if wyo a way worse team. After waiting for Chambers to be healthy for years we found out he was terrible!! turns out as limited as Levi Williams is he the better qb for this team. I think wyo is too physical for boise and expect they maul them in the trenches. Levi and the rb Valladay are both physical runners amd the Oline gets good push. We have seen many times this is what gives boise problems and it all the Cowboys do well! Wyo has been able to be very competitive w boise the last few years by keeping these low scoring grind it affairs. Nobody is fearing the smurf turf this year as boise has been much better away from home than on the blue carpet where they only 1-3 on the season.

How Wake play a conference game but have it not count as a conference game?
Heard on the radio…When the schedules were released, and the wake/unc “rivalry” was omitted, the two schools got together and scheduled a non-conf matchup for old time’s sake. Think they have it next year @ wake as well.

i think the return of Jurkovec sets up some value on BC these last few weeks, or at least this one for sure! dont think they adjusted this line enough considering you can really take advantage of gtech thru the air, with Grosel bc would have been forced to stick with trying to pound the ball and not much else. Im assuming the lack of pass attempts against vtech last week was a combination of not needing to throw and letting Jurk get his feet wet. I expect they go to the air much more this week against a gtech defense that allows 9.2 a attempt on 66% completions, in other words they been really bad defending the pass!! You can pretty much throw out all BC putrid passing numbers and expect not only more efficiency but also far more air yards on those passes. Im kinda shocked BC dogs, sure feels like this line isnt making much a adjustment when i think Jurk is probably a td better, minimum. Grosel was a liability where as Jurkovec weapon, i think he shook the rust off last week and will get back to putting up the numbers he was going to before he went down.. they can have the 2 points, ill take any plus money i can get.

i figured weather was most of it. it is really high, if conditions get crappy that number be super hard to hit.. i thought the canes/pitt game was gonna go under so wtf do i know? lol, i knew canes hit some big plays but didnt expect them to hit like 4 in a row for tds to start the game!! kinda destroyed any chance i had of pitt implementing the game plan i was thinking they might, lol.

i cant really find anything more recent than wed on whether ford playing tonight and if he be limited at all, really need to know, his rushing prop a easy cash if he gets his normal carries.

cincy hasnt allowed a qb to throw for over 200 yards since Pennix did it in week 3.. usf qb not exactly a dude who gonna be slinging it all over, only 2 games he eclipsed 200 was against smu and houston. those were both blowouts tho so i guess the risk there if cincy blows these guys out he gets some garbage time yards, cincy not really blowing teams out tho.. i think McCain un205.5 a pretty solid bet.

i cant really find anything more recent than wed on whether ford playing tonight and if he be limited at all, really need to know, his rushing prop a easy cash if he gets his normal carries.

Maybe try to find a twitter source that covers UC football. The only one I have is @Dan_Hoard but there have to be others. I know you go somewhere to place bets. I don't think you will get definitive info on that until pregame warmups.

Boise State has lost their last 3 home games straight up! I can't imagine when the last time Boise was so bad at home. They are just 1-3 ATS at home this year (lone cover vs UTEP). Losses vs Air Force, Nevada and Oklahoma State (1 pt loss - strange game). Perhaps those are somewhat understandable.

Boise doesn't lose to Wyoming, except for that one year in Laramie with Josh Allen, we had that in our underdog thread that year. Nothing close to a Josh Allen type on this team, but Wyoming has been able to hang with them a couple times, covering 2 of last 3. Will be an interesting game if both teams duplicate their performances from last week. Wyoming finally got back on track and Boise was dominant at Fresno.

I still can't get over Wyoming losing at home to New Mexico as 19pts favorites. While the Lobos gave UNLV their 1st win in a decade....lol!

I still can't get over Wyoming losing at home to New Mexico as 19pts favorites. While the Lobos gave UNLV their 1st win in a decade....lol!

That has been Wyoming this year. How about almost losing to UConn. UConn was playing the other Phommachanh at QB who since got hurt, but year still, they nearly lost at UConn!

Wyoming has struggled at times for sure. Could struggle again. They are going to have to run the ball and run it well. If they can't run the whole O goes to shit. If they can run, then they'll also be able to pass some. Boise struggled to stop the run earlier in the year, but have improved.

Maybe try to find a twitter source that covers UC football. The only one I have is @Dan_Hoard but there have to be others. I know you go somewhere to place bets. I don't think you will get definitive info on that until pregame warmups.

yea, i went ahead and played him just a little smaller than i would if i was confident in his health, i just hope if he cant give them a full workload he jjust takes the night off and i get my money back, the killer would be if he plays a handful of snaps and after he gets hit realizes he shouldnt be out there., that would suck..

is UCF defense really as good against the pass as their numbers suggest or is it a case much like sdst where they have faced a bunch of garbage passing teams? even against a good memphis pass attack they lucked out and got to face a backup qb. Seems like a pretty good spot for SMU to bounce back off a couple losses. Despite playing pretty well lately without gabriel i just dont think ucf has the firepower to keep up with smu who should be able to take the ucf run game away.

is UCF defense really as good against the pass as their numbers suggest or is it a case much like sdst where they have faced a bunch of garbage passing teams? even against a good memphis pass attack they lucked out and got to face a backup qb. Seems like a pretty good spot for SMU to bounce back off a couple losses. Despite playing pretty well lately without gabriel i just dont think ucf has the firepower to keep up with smu who should be able to take the ucf run game away.
Back to the well on over with UCF especially with both teams staying well under their team totals last week, UCF will give it up and as you mentioned, after the 2 losses I expect the Mustangs to feast on a sell high pass defense

i normally love me some ecu as a dog but think ppl giving them too much love here, memphis has been one the best home teams in the country the last several years only losing once to a very good utsa team in their last 20 at home! ecu has only played 3 true road games and struggled in 2 of them vs teams i think are similarly strong as memphis. i do worry a bit about laying 5 points with a memphis team that has really had some bad 2nd halves, while on the other side ecu a tough group who known to come back and get themselves close in games they were getting whipped for 3 qrtrs!! i think a good way to attack this would be a play on memphis 1st half

messy st/aub another sec game where i like the under but am sure it will look great until the 4th qrtr where it proceeds to get roasted as all sec games turn into freaking video games in the 4th qrtr it seems!!! luckily i have learned from my early misfortune and cashed the msu/ark 1st half under as they once again crushed under backers in the 4th qrtr, lol.. so it pretty obvious what im doing here,, msu/aub 1st half un24 or better!

Penn St -1 now +1.5. Someone have Info why?

id assume it just money not any kind of info bout a injury or something but i dont know for sure, havnt heard or read anything and i was just looking pretty hard at that game and reading stuff so think i would have seen.. makes me like pen st even more if i could end up getting a little plus money but think im just playing the 1st half under.

so i didnt realize this happened last week but did iowa now change qbs for good? that makes me little more unsure of this game, i liked the idea of getting points against petras but guess he not the qb, is the other kid better?

is Travis gonna start for fsu this week? what kind of illness did he have? if he healthy and good to go i think noles will gash canes in the run game. canes should torch noles thru the air. think this has potential to be a up and down high scoring affair assuming travis is the qb, what he brings with his legs is perfect to gash canes imo. if it milton again canes the play imo.

Back