• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 10 What Have We Learned

A D-1 school can throw 9 passes and win straight up as a 15 pt dog. Also, possibly related…Minnesota is not to be trusted ever. And they made a huge mistake signing fleck to that extension.

i learned i am not only awesome at NFL and nba 3 point props but turns out i can use them in ncaa to get some money :) in doing so i also learned not to play qb rushing props cause unlike nfl apparently sacks go against qb rushing yards!! holy crap what a roller coaster that was, Willis has minus yards most the 1st half, then he have a good run, lose some yards, finally got up above number then get sacked back below it again!! Dude had to have ran for damn near 150 yards to get 70!!! i wont be doing that again!! Lol

I hope they do. The team needs an attitude adjustment

i thought they were gonna boat race lsu. that was a pathetic performance. i swear its like everyone makes money laying all kinds of numbers with them, i jump in and they do this! i miss last year where even i was getting that 1st half money.. guess it was inevitable that shit would come to a end.. of course we know how the committee rolls, lsu will get a huge bump up into the rankings cause they played bama close, presto another quality win for your boys!! lol.

of course cincy struggled again, i think these acc teams are really jacked up and focused the whole week leading up to cincy cause they dont wanna get whipped and they being told all week how bearcats can name the score!! plus they all know them, unfortunately im just figuring this out (hindsight and all) so i aint made any money with this theory! just glad i at least stopped playing cincy after only taking one loss on their recent big spreads.. we see how it goes rest of way but i think ill be looking for chances to take points against them.

How many points would UTSA be favored by over Cincinnati?
More now than a few weeks ago but not like UTSA gets respect from the line makers either

Neutral now would probably be around Cinci -6 and easy to say I'd be on UTSA but could also see that be the game Bearcats show up and win by 20+

Michigan State pass defense continues to be awful.

Row the boat!

Bama couldn't do a thing on ground vs LSU

Nebraska is the best shitty record in America.

Michigan lotta bumps n bruises right now.

Georgia just takes care of business.

Auburn is one hella confusing team.

Amazing to me how much bad coaching there is week in week out.

Bama got killed on the LOS most of the night. Shocking.

Oklahoma State D is nasty.

Michigan State luckbox finally ended today...but it almost didn't.

Nebraska could easily be 8-1.

Wisconsin, nice to see you again.

Michigan/PSU/Ohio State major problems inside the RZ last few weeks. Michigan/PSU pretty much all year. Going to be a bend don't break game in the valley .

Nevada coach has balls, but does some pretty dumb shit.

Louisville had no business losing that game. Same as Wake Forest.

Michigan State pass defense continues to be awful.

Row the boat!

Bama couldn't do a thing on ground vs LSU

Nebraska is the best shitty record in America.

Michigan lotta bumps n bruises right now.

Georgia just takes care of business.

Auburn is one hella confusing team.

The thing bout Nebraska is they only “good” when playing the upper tear teams, mf’ers are awful the weeks after and everyone expects them to play that well and beat teams closer to their talent level. I freaking love this team, gotta be best record I ever had w a big10 team!! Ive bet damn near all their games but skipped the one I woulda lost when they blew out NW! Only thing I’ve done wrong is not getting much the plus money when they lose as favs!! It’s sad they only got 2 games left :(

Alabama losing their center for the game on the first drive partly explains the OL issues. They moved RT to C, and boy was the backup RT not ready to play. Coupled with the lethargic effort and play calling, well we all saw the result. On the plus side, defense played well. Will Anderson continues his stellar play

I guess this is the place to vent right? I had my second best Saturday day of the season, but 3 results in the middle of the day really really burned me and I am still pissed!

Maryland + and ML
New Mexico State + and ML
Rice +

These games all ended about the same time and I had to watch one beat after another after another. Losing games is one thing, I lose games, move on. No.

Maryland trailed by 1 at halftime 7-6. They tied it 14-14 in the 4th Q. They failed to cover and lost by 17. And 86y TD and a 45y pass were part of PSU's 10 point run to make it 24-14, which I'm pushing at this point, but still half the 4th Q left to cover. What happens? 87y pick-six for PSU and I lose by 17.

New Mexico State? Oh this one is good. It is not an exaggeration to say that New Mexico State dominated the first half. They did. One problem, not enough points. They only led 13-7 halftime after having a FG blk'd from the 8 yard line and then made FGs from the 28 and 17. So two RZ trips among those that they got just 3 points. NMSU outgained Utah State 280-152 at halftime. I was afraid. I know what happened. I have Utah State -9.5 2nd H hedge ready to go. I hesitate. I second guess. I don't play Utah St 2nd H. So of course the 2nd H is a total blowout, not only does Utah State score 28 straight points..., but they shut out New Mexico State and I fail to cover the 18.5! NMSU was SOD at the USU 21 and 7 on their final possessions. Damn It!

Rice, oh Rice. +6 losing by 7 in OT. Rice never trailed by more than 4 the entire 2nd H and even led by 10 mid 4th Q. On the two drives Charlotte needed to tie, Rice was offside on a 4th down incompletion and was also called for PI twice. After Charlotte tied the game and after they scored on a 1 play TD in the top of the 1st OT I knew what was happening. The momentum Charlotte had could not be overcome. Rice threw an INT on their second play under heavy pressure where the QB just threw it up to avoid a sack. Rice outgained them 468-349

It kind of helps sometimes to get those out of the system.

Alabama losing their center for the game on the first drive partly explains the OL issues. They moved RT to C, and boy was the backup RT not ready to play. Coupled with the lethargic effort and play calling, well we all saw the result. On the plus side, defense played well. Will Anderson continues his stellar play
Man I don’t know. You thought the D played well. I feel like if even Nuss is in there LsU might score

Max is tough but wow is he limited. He holds the ball and has awful pocket awareness. And he’s a lefty. So ugly looking

I guess this is the place to vent right? I had my second best Saturday day of the season, but 3 results in the middle of the day really really burned me and I am still pissed!

Maryland + and ML
Rice +

These games all ended about the same time and I had to watch one beat after another after another. Losing games is one thing, I lose games, move on. No.

Maryland trailed by 1 at halftime 7-6. They tied it 14-14 in the 4th Q. They failed to cover and lost by 17. And 86y TD and a 45y pass were part of PSU's 10 point run to make it 24-14, which I'm pushing at this point, but still half the 4th Q left to cover. What happens? 87y pick-six for PSU and I lose by 17.

New Mexico State? Oh this one is good. It is not an exaggeration to say that New Mexico State dominated the first half. They did. One problem, not enough points. They only led 13-7 halftime after having a FG blk'd from the 8 yard line and then made FGs from the 28 and 17. So two RZ trips among those that they got just 3 points. NMSU outgained Utah State 280-152 at halftime. I was afraid. I know what happened. I have Utah State -9.5 2nd H hedge ready to go. I hesitate. I second guess. I don't play Utah St 2nd H. So of course the 2nd H is a total blowout, not only does Utah State score 28 straight points..., but they shut out New Mexico State and I fail to cover the 18.5! NMSU was SOD at the USU 21 and 7 on their final possessions. Damn It!

Rice, oh Rice. +6 losing by 7 in OT. Rice never trailed by more than 4 the entire 2nd H and even led by 10 mid 4th Q. On the two drives Charlotte needed to tie, Rice was offside on a 4th down incompletion and was also called for PI twice. After Charlotte tied the game and after they scored on a 1 play TD in the top of the 1st OT I knew what was happening. The momentum Charlotte had could not be overcome. Rice threw an INT on their second play under heavy pressure where the QB just threw it up to avoid a sack. Rice outgained them 468-349

Always talk it out...

Didn't realize that. How bad is the injury? Thanks for the info.

Man I don’t know. You thought the D played well. I feel like if even Nuss is in there LsU might score

Max is tough but wow is he limited. He holds the ball and has awful pocket awareness. And he’s a lefty. So ugly looking

Lefty lobs. Just no arm strength on the kid and no boutte

Maryland + and ML
Rice +

Indeed. That Maryland one was bullshit. Saw quite a bit of that. Went from a Mary possible outright to bullshit.

I mean, I could say the same for Alabama’s offense. You can only play the team in front of you. Both defenses got the better of the offenses

Idk which team you are referring to, as LSU has dudes. Bum for a coach, but the roster is stacked. They just went into Tuscaloosa and held a top 5 scoring O to half of the season avrage.
Let's play a little transitive operation

Clearly UCLA offense >>>>>>>>>>>>Bama offense but that's neither here nor there

Be so much fun if we could handicap games that way

Idk which team you are referring to, as LSU has dudes. Bum for a coach, but the roster is stacked. They just went into Tuscaloosa and held a top 5 scoring O to half of the season avrage.
No one is more proud of the performance than I. Especially for what they trotted out there. I know all the names….was pretty unreal man.

No dominant teams this year. I'm still not sold on Georgia though they certainly look the best so far. But Bama, OSU, Cincy, Oklahoma, Oregon all seem pretty flawed this year. Makes for an interesting end to the season.

Teams hot right now: Wisconsin, Boise, A&M

Teams cold right now: Florida

No dominant teams this year. I'm still not sold on Georgia though they certainly look the best so far. But Bama, OSU, Cincy, Oklahoma, Oregon all seem pretty flawed this year. Makes for an interesting end to the season.

Teams hot right now: Wisconsin, Boise, A&M

Teams cold right now: Florida
The combo of immediate eligibility transfers with the Covid fallout (extra year of eligibility, half of rosters only going through one "normal" offseason, and a missing a year of fans in stadiums) has made this season what it is. Alabama, OSU, OU and Oregon all had enough talent to overcome some adversity to get where they are currently, other programs have struggled more. UGA is an outlier, though their schedule has been pretty weak. There's a better than decent chance they'll finish the regular season without beating a ranked opponent

Love the hustle and toughness of BC, especially the QB they got back this week. Not many QBs would have made the play he made in the first quarter--throw a pick, then race 30 yards down field and get right in the middle of trying to make the tackle, and when the guy fumbles recover the fumble.

The Arkansas QB had one of the greatest runs of the season, but because it was only for about 5 yards they didn't even show the replay. Fourth and 7 on the Miss State 10, only seconds left in the game, he rolls out to pass and Miss State not only has everyone covered there are three guys gabbing him in the backfield, he somehow gets away from them, is still surrounded by defenders and gets hit two or three more times, but stays upright and gets a first down. Next play, he wins the game.

I doubt any team in history has as many ex-QBs tearing it up at other schools as Oklahoma. SMU owes most of it's success to Mordecai, Kendell is tearing it up at La Tech, and TCU finally puts Chad Morris in a game and he runs wild, one of the greatest games any QB ever had, 531 yards and two TDs passing (averaged 11 yards per pass ATTEMPT), 70 yards and one TD running. I wondered how it was possible he got on the field at Oklahoma as a freshman, but couldn't get on the field at TCU. Now we see he should have gotten playing time

The under in games between service academies is now 40-9-1 in the last 50 games between them.

No one can match Tulsa in playing good teams right to the wire, finding a way to lose, then playing weak teams and not even competing. Very strange and it's been going on for years.

so if the "eye test" made bama 2 over undefeated teams shouldnt they drop down to like 6 or 7 this week? they look like shit to me!!
The problem is, whom do you replace them with? Ohio State looked bad; Cincinnati looked bad; and Michigan State lost outright.

This playoff thing is a farce.

The problem is, whom do you replace them with? Ohio State looked bad; Cincinnati looked bad; and Michigan State lost outright.

This playoff thing is a farce.

No doubt. I’m over caring. You were right, total waste of time. Since you pointed that out I havnt spent another min thinking bout. Busy hitting nba props, getting ready for ncaa hoops, and putting next weeks card together. It not like I even have a school, I ignore all the other ignorant hypocrisies I see daily why shouldn’t I do same here and go on w my life. No clue why I needed you to point that out but thanks, lol.

No doubt. I’m over caring. You were right, total waste of time. Since you pointed that out I havnt spent another min thinking bout.

Yup. College football rankings are totally worthless to me as is the entire process and playoff games themselves. Whatever games they come up with for the so called national championship are the most irrelevant games of the season to me. It is literally meaningless to me and a complete waste of time to even think about or discuss.

Yup. College football rankings are totally worthless to me as is the entire process and playoff games themselves. Whatever games they come up with for the so called national championship are the most irrelevant games of the season to me. It is literally meaningless to me and a complete waste of time to even think about or discuss.

Spot on. I will no longer give them the satisfaction!!

Nevada scored twice on D, a 56y fumble return TD in 1st H and a 86y pick-six early 2nd H for 14 of their 27 points. San Jose lost a total of 3 turnovers (the other didn't hurt them as UNR missed FG off it). UNR lost 2 turnovers themselves, both from LOS near midfield, but they led to no San Jose pts nor cost UNR and scoring opportunities). UNR was 0-for-3 on FGs, but made their final two including the game winner. San Jose outgained them 449-367 (5.8-4.3).

ULM let Texas State score with 1:42 in 4th Q in a 1 point game to have a chance to go and tie the game with a 2pt conversion, but were unable to. 27-19 Final.

ULM ran 98 plays! Texas State only ran 64 plays! State still outgained them by 2 yards 434-432.

3rd and 4th down conversions were a story. Texas State only converted 3-of-12 3rd downs. ULM converted 11-of-22, but just 2-of-5 4th down (final 3 drives all SOD in TxSt territory). ULM missed an xpt, missed a FG and missed an opportunity for another FG at the end of the 1st H when they failed to get out of bounds to stop the clock.

The San Diego State offense is just so laughable.

43 rush 128 yards. 12-16-99-0-0 passing.

The San Diego State offense is just so laughable.

43 rush 128 yards. 12-16-99-0-0 passing.

Hopefully nobody just learning this, it been this way forever! They always been a team I love fading when getting a bunch of points! It incredibly rare they beat a team by margin the power rankings suggest they should! Kinda like a poor man’s iowa.

Back