• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wednesday NBA Plays - 11/1

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
$150 Charlotte +2
I'm liking Charlotte here even though I think the line is too low for Indiana. I believe that Indiana will struggle as a team this season. Rick Carlisle and Jamaal Tinsley are not a good combination as a coach and PG because of pace of play they prefer playing. Harrington had the green light all last season in Atlanta and in Indiana he'll have to change that me first mindset. Jermaine O'Neal is waiting to get out of Indiana and it's amazing Stephen Jackson isn't already in jail. Indiana has very little depth as well, except for Danny Granger who needs to get more PT this season and doesn't look like he's going to get it. For Charlotte, Knight and Wallace will be able to disrupt the flow of the game for Tinsley pressuring the ball. Okafor and May will create problems by being physical with O'Neal and yes Morrison will give them the jump shooter they need.

$175 Orlando +3
My plan is to take Orlando at home all season when they're a dog. Dwight Howard is starting to be bona fide superstar, Grant Hill is healthy, and the guards for Orlando are awesome and way under-appreciated. Way too much over reaction on the Bulls win last night. Playing in b2b games to start the season here tonight, I look for Orlando to take control in the second half.

$175 Atlanta +7
It amazes me that Chris Webber almost put up 20-10 last season. I think this is the season the knee finally gives in and he'll be struggling later in the season. Atlanta may be a bit of a suprise this season and I look for them to do alright in this first game as Philly is awful this year in my opinion.

$200 New Orleans Money Line +176
This line is an absolute joke. The wrong team is favored here big time. I'm assuming that Paul Pierce will play in the game even though he had that finger infection. That said, I think this year will be an absolute nightmare for Pierce with Sebastian Telfair at point. No one better represents the "me first" NBA than Telfair. The only problem is he has no shooting touch, but likes to light it up all the time. Theo Ratliff is pretty much done and will do little to help the Celtics inside. Szczerbiak has been overrated since his tiem with Minny. A rookie point guard in Rondo coming off the bench can't shoot either and Al Jefferson and Gerald Green are a year or two away from being a possible solid player. Chris Paul will eat up Boston, Peja will bomb away from outside, and Desmond Mason should put up about 15 points. Tyson Chandler will be a solid addition defensively for N.O. and will eat up Ratliff.

$175 Toronto/New Jersey Over 200
$100 Toronto +6.5
Toronto is planning on pushing the ball this season and with TJ Ford, Chris Bosh, and Mo Pete they should be able to. They have a nice mix of Europeans and some interesting free agents and rookies. The one thing about all of them though is they can't play a lick of defense. Look for some early overs in Toronto games this season and for them to play better than expected.

$100 Bucks +7
$150 Bucks/Pistons Over 191
Who's gonna win... the buck the buck the bucks... lol - Homer play tonight. I think they're a lot better than people are expecting and they have the bigs that play physical enough to match up pretty well with Detroit. The Bucks aren't going to be one of the better defensive teams though this year and the total should go over with plenty to spare.

OTHER PLAYS - no time for write-ups...
$125 New York ML +193
$125 Sacramento ML +220
$75 Washington +6
$100 Houston +1

I'll take a look at the 9pm eastern games and later as the night progresses.

Coppsguy said:
Great Magic line moving like train.

I don't get this line... it was -2.5 Orlando all day with my local... I was signed into Pinny and the game was off the board. Next thing I know it comes back up with Orlando +3 and I hopped on it. My local still has Orlando -3 and I see it's +1 now at Orlando.

Looks really solid, on a lot or leaning towards many of the same plays.

I just read that Stromile will not be playing tomorrow against the Knicks, Fyre and Curry all day inside.

05-06 NBA Basketball Record……...184-136-11 +$2340 (57.5%)
06-07 NBA Basketball Record............6-6 -$277 (50%)

Stupid, stupid, stupid last night... Out thought myself taking Miami and the over 2H last night for two losses, and then doubling up on the Suns this early in the season after finding out Kobe was out wasn't the smartest thing. Back to it tonight... Hopefully get a few more winners.

I am not betting on it but I certainly hope you are right with Atlanta and that they win outright but would caution that I think 76ers are much deeper than last year and will be a reasonable team this year. BOL

Last edited:
Fondybadger said:

$200 New Orleans Money Line +176
This line is an absolute joke. The wrong team is favored here big time. I'm assuming that Paul Pierce will play in the game even though he had that finger infection. That said, I think this year will be an absolute nightmare for Pierce with Sebastian Telfair at point. No one better represents the "me first" NBA than Telfair. The only problem is he has no shooting touch, but likes to light it up all the time. Theo Ratliff is pretty much done and will do little to help the Celtics inside. Szczerbiak has been overrated since his tiem with Minny. A rookie point guard in Rondo coming off the bench can't shoot either and Al Jefferson and Gerald Green are a year or two away from being a possible solid player. Chris Paul will eat up Boston, Peja will bomb away from outside, and Desmond Mason should put up about 15 points. Tyson Chandler will be a solid addition defensively for N.O. and will eat up Ratliff.

Telfair shot 35% from three.. Paul shot 28%, so if sebastian has no shooting touch, than what about cp3? Im not sure where you got the shoot first idea from, because his numbers definately dont indicate that.. The guy is more pass first in my opinion
Wally is overrated and Peja isnt? If you compare numbers the past few years where Peja was the so called go to guy.. Wally actually shot the ball better and put up better all around numbers. Peja is the most overrated player in the league IMO. Yes the hornets have a good chance to win, but i disagree with your player evaluations. BTW If anyone on the hornets beats boston it will be west.., not the guys u mentioned :shake: Not liking New Orleans Bench at all this year.. Good luck :cheers:

Telfair was 39% from the field last season. So he hits 3 pointers almost as well as he does 2's (giving him a decent 3 point percentage), doesn't mean he has a good stroke from inside the arc. He puts up too many shots that are unadviced and forces things.

Peja is an overrated player - but he's a hell of a spot up shooter... something that was missing from the Hornets last season. Wally is going to be asked to do more for Boston, and he's not capabale of that.

Good night fondu

I knew Peja was garbage.. and that west would be the one to hurt me, but pierce missed like 9 foul shots, the celtics never led and didnt deserve to win :shake:

Back