• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

USC and UCLA to the B1G?

Well, they said no to Oregon and Washington.

Anything is possible right now... Next domino could be smaller conferences getting aligned (I'm including b12 and p12 in this).
As long as you include the ACC

They're the most likely to get torched

Well, they said no to Oregon and Washington.

Anything is possible right now... Next domino could be smaller conferences getting aligned (I'm including b12 and p12 in this).

The No to Eugene and Seattle was interesting. Maybe the markets are not large enough? not as sexy as the LA schools in that sense so the B1G is now hoping for ND or the next prettiest girl available ?

The No to Eugene and Seattle was interesting. Maybe the markets are not large enough? not as sexy as the LA schools in that sense so the B1G is now hoping for ND or the next prettiest girl available ?
Big 10 still needs to think of themselves as elite in education (lol Rutgers) but it's why USC and UCLA fit. Guarantee they'd accept Stanford and Berkeley in a heartbeat. I think of it as a character flaw when it comes to football and economics but at least we know where they stand. Same reason the talk around Chappel Hill and Durham is ramping up.

Big 10 still needs to think of themselves as elite in education (lol Rutgers) but it's why USC and UCLA fit. Guarantee they'd accept Stanford and Berkeley in a heartbeat. I think of it as a character flaw when it comes to football and economics but at least we know where they stand. Same reason the talk around Chappel Hill and Durham is ramping up.
That education stuff went all up in flames when they took Rutgers who really brought nothing to the table.

That education stuff went all up in flames when they took Rutgers who really brought nothing to the table.
I think they have an identity crisis on their hands

Again, if Stanford and Cal wanted to join instead of Oregon/Washington they would roll out the red carpet

I think they have an identity crisis on their hands

Again, if Stanford and Cal wanted to join instead of Oregon/Washington they would roll out the red carpet
This whole notion of education meaning anything to these conferences is laughable but the Big Ten does act like they care about it. At least the SEC knows what it is and doesn't pretend to care about education.

Outside of northwestern, Michigan, and maybe a few subjects at indiana, which B1G schools are respected nationally for their academics? Maybe penn state? Purdue?

Ohio state, iowa, mich state, wisky, Minnesota. No way.

I'd be surprised if washington just based on being in Seattle in the shadow of so many huge company headquarters like Amazon and boeing and Starbucks, isn't considered on par or better w some of those midwestern schools I named.

I'm not seeing the B1G as academic elite outside of a few schools.

Compare that to the current pac 12 before the 2024 defections where you have nationally recognized academic brands Stanford, cal, ucla and usc.

UCLA has one of the lowest admission rates annually. They get the most applications in total for undergrad annually or are in the top 2 or 3. Usually they are #1 though.

These days even cal poly Pomona and SLO are extremely difficult to get into to.

Even UCSD I guarantee you is much tougher to get into just in undergrad alone than a minny, iowa, mich state, wisky, etc.

Ohio state? Their entry level standards are a joke.

Outside of northwestern, Michigan, and maybe a few subjects at indiana, which B1G schools are respected nationally for their academics? Maybe penn state? Purdue?

I'd be surprised if washington just based on being in Seattle in the shadow of so many huge company headquarters like Amazon and boeing and Starbucks, isn't considered on par or better w some of those midwestern schools I named.

Compare that to the current pac 12 before the 2024 defections where you have nationally recognized academic brands Stanford, cal, ucla and usc.

UCLA has one of the lowest admission rates annually. They get the most applications in total for undergrad annually or are in the top 2 or 3. Usually they are #1 though.

Even UCSD I guarantee you is much tougher to get into just in undergrad alone than a minny, iowa, mich state, wisky, etc.

Wisconsin is definitely respected academically, it was recently ranked top public school in the nation.

While Ohio State is a lot easier to get into than, say, Wisconsin, you totally underrate its academic profile

UCSD and Wisky are both great schools.

OSU is a legit school.

All of these are better than Indiana.

UCSD and Wisky are both great schools.

OSU is a legit school.

All of these are better than Indiana.

Indiana has a good business school. Ranked top 25 nationally.

Outside of that, not much.

Ohio state doesn't break down many doors nationally on a resume'.

University of Minnesota has the Carlson School of Management, which has consistently been rated as one of the top 3 business schools in the country behind Wharton and Stanford for decades. In 2016 (not aware its changed), Minnesota also has the highest entry requirements into the General College in the B10 with the average ACT score being 25 and an acceptance rate below 50%, which is unheard of for a public school.

Illinois and Wisconsin are also consistently in the top 50 with regard to academic requirements and academic rigor and based on incoming freshman profiles. Northwestern and Michigan are certainly at the top of the B10, but a blanket statement about the rest of the schools in the conference is pretty short sighted.

University of Minnesota has the Carlson School of Management, which has consistently been rated as one of the top 3 business schools in the country behind Wharton and Stanford for decades. In 2016 (not aware its changed), Minnesota also has the highest entry requirements into the General College in the B10 with the average ACT score being 25 and an acceptance rate below 50%, which is unheard of for a public school.

Illinois and Wisconsin are also consistently in the top 50 with regard to academic requirements and academic rigor and based on incoming freshman profiles. Northwestern and Michigan are certainly at the top of the B10, but a blanket statement about the rest of the schools in the conference is pretty short sighted.
You saying my 28 ACT could have yielded better than Central Missouri?

This could be a tragic evening

Minnesota #3 business school?

NO.

try #33

EVERY ivy league business school is ranked ahead of Minnesota Carlson as well as stanford, Michigan, northwestern, UCLA, Berkeley, ucla.

Even Indiana has been ranked ahead of minny Carlson for the better part of the last 15y.

EVERY ivy league business school is ranked ahead of Minnesota Carlson as well as stanford, Michigan, northwestern, UCLA, Berkeley, ucla.

Even Indiana has been ranked ahead of minny Carlson for the better part of the last 15y.
Online schooling will blow all of this shit out of the water

UoP paved the way. 83,000 students last year. Sucks that college isn't about meeting people and networking any more, but sit in the weeds and you'll get eaten by a predator. Crazy numbers.

1656890929923.png

Indiana has a good business school. Ranked top 25 nationally.

Outside of that, not much.

Ohio state doesn't break down many doors nationally on a resume'.
There's only a very small handful of undergrad degrees that are breaking doors down on a resume.

The degrees from schools that don't wield that type of power aren't inherently junk. There's a middle ground here.

There's a very small handful of undergrad degrees that are breaking doors down on a resume.

The degrees from schools that don't wield that type of power aren't inherently junk. There's a middle ground here.
Can't believe I got a degree with only $23k in debt, it's so out of control now. We are struggling to make the pitch that higher education is valuable. Sucks because I was raised by grandparents who truly believed in the higher education system. They're gone but I believe in it.

There's only a very small handful of undergrad degrees that are breaking doors down on a resume.

Wait my travel/tourism degree isn't begging you to hire me?

Social networking is how you can tell the haves and the have nots

3 years in corporate with an airline

Degree got me in the door, corporate structure got me out the door faster than it could hit me in the ass

They take American Accredited schools. Period

Wisconsin is definitely respected academically, it was recently ranked top public school in the nation.

While Ohio State is a lot easier to get into than, say, Wisconsin, you totally underrate its academic profile
Honestly all the big public universities are tougher to get into….just in general standards have been raised I see. Even down here most of my generation wouldn’t just get into LSU without some access program, etc

Okay let's bring it back from the B1G seemingly "elite opinion of itself academically" to which dominoes we think will fall next. How about this- will Clemson eventually join the SEC or the B1G ?
Clemson and FSU are bred for SEC, that has to be the conference on the shakiest of grounds.

Big Ten will generally only consider AAU schools. Oregon and Washington DO fit into this category.

Back