• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Trade Deadline Thread -- Durant TRADED

Biggest losers of the day

Shams
Raptors
Might have to throw the Pels in here. Small market just can’t compete with luxury tax.
Gettin my rid of Graham, good. Richardson, meh.

Either very confident in starting 5 which we haven’t seen yet, or priced out or both.
Pels just want to win a series or maybe 2. Got a bout 2-3 year window with these guys

Reactions: KJ
Pretty obvious Wuss is going to the Flippers.

Not sure KD can break the Cliff Paul/Booker-Kardashian curse(s).

I got Mavs as the best team in the West, Nuggets, Jizzlies then Puns.

Flippers the obvious sleeper.

East a three horse race, Mucks, C's then Sixers.

Will see what Crooklyn does with their 100 wings.

Bulls lost the deadline more than the Raps...

Pretty obvious Wuss is going to the Flippers.

Not sure KD can break the Cliff Paul/Booker-Kardashian curse(s).

I got Mavs as the best team in the West, Nuggets, Jizzlies then Puns.

Flippers the obvious sleeper.

East a three horse race, Mucks, C's then Sixers.

Will see what Crooklyn does with their 100 wings.

Bulls lost the deadline more than the Raps...

I still like nuggets, hoping these moves gets me a better number to play them, +700 wasn’t enough for me. You don’t think cavs can make that a 4 horse race in east? I could easily see them being as good as philly:

46 second round picks traded according to Adam King.

I dunno what in the hell twolves front office is doing? The Gobert trade was about one the dumbest lopsided trades in history. “Here take all our draft picks for a guy who’s game more suited for the 80s”, “he will work well clogging the paint for our rising stars”. Now they decide to add his former point guard who’s game resembles more the 80s style! Very odd.

At least what Utah did was clear and obvious. They essentially bought lakers draft pick, they have a huge stockpile of 1st rounders! Not sure why clippers be interested in Russ? I know they could use a point guard but Russ not exactly a pg.

At least what Utah did was clear and obvious. They essentially bought lakers draft pick, they have a huge stockpile of 1st rounders! Not sure why clippers be interested in Russ? I know they could use a point guard but Russ not exactly a pg.
Jazz and Grizz are in such a great place asset wise, the fun part is seeing how management will destroy it. At least the Jazz have Ainge calling the shots.

Jazz and Grizz are in such a great place asset wise, the fun part is seeing how management will destroy it. At least the Jazz have Ainge calling the shots.

Yea, I’d expect jazz to build a pretty good team in the coming years. Of course their problem always gonna be anyone who they draft and becomes a star gonna want to go somewhere/pretty much anywhere else, doesn’t really matter how well they run, how much money they can offer, or anything Ainge can do about the fact nobody w money and options wants to live in freaking Utah! Good luck drafting that guy, who good enough to turn around a franchise and doesn’t mind being there. Not many Giannis types with that kind of talent but actually grateful and loyal!

Yea, I’d expect jazz to build a pretty good team in the coming years. Of course their problem always gonna be anyone who they draft and becomes a star gonna want to go somewhere/pretty much anywhere else, doesn’t really matter how well they run, how much money they can offer, or anything Ainge can do about the fact nobody w money and options wants to live in freaking Utah! Good luck drafting that guy, who good enough to turn around a franchise and doesn’t mind being there. Not many Giannis types with that kind of talent but actually grateful and loyal!
Amazing that Stockton and Mailman did what they did.

Amazing that Stockton and Mailman did what they did.

No doubt, vastly different times we living in tho. Gone are the days of players making due with the situation they brought into. I don’t have anything against player empowerment but it can’t be good for the Utah’s of the world.

No doubt, vastly different times we living in tho. Gone are the days of players making due with the situation they brought into. I don’t have anything against player empowerment but it can’t be good for the Utah’s of the world.
The entire Midwest and mountain regions suffer from this....flyover country. Requires building a franchise and making it fun.

Crazy thing with SLC is it's one of the most popular places to move to in the country. Used to just be thought of as conservative Mormons but it's completely different now. Hell @~Utah can tell you all about it. SLC has become a forward thinking place. I look at Donovan and wonder how much better he thinks his life is in Cleveland than Salt Lake. Guessing not much different.

The entire Midwest and mountain regions suffer from this....flyover country. Requires building a franchise and making it fun.

Crazy thing with SLC is it's one of the most popular places to move to in the country. Used to just be thought of as conservative Mormons but it's completely different now. Hell @~Utah can tell you all about it. SLC has become a forward thinking place. I look at Donovan and wonder how much better he thinks his life is in Cleveland than Salt Lake. Guessing not much different.

Lol. He definitely crossed my mind and I thought “is Utah really such a bummer he happier in freaking Cleveland?” ., As much they travel during season I don’t think it would make much difference to me, of course a young me might not have said that. Id certainly worry bout the guys who more concerned with the cities night life than what they working with on the court, if your priorities in order having a chance to win, surrounded w good teammates/good coaching be the most important thing. You have a ton of life left w all the money you ever need to do all the other shit later. Unfortunately young me didn’t think that way and I’d assume many of them the same.

• Love
Lol. He definitely crossed my mind and I thought “is Utah really such a bummer he happier in freaking Cleveland?” ., As much they travel during season I don’t think it would make much difference to me, of course a young me might not have said that. Id certainly worry bout the guys who more concerned with the cities night life than what they working with on the court, if your priorities in order having a chance to win, surrounded w good teammates/good coaching be the most important thing. You have a ton of life left w all the money you ever need to do all the other shit later. Unfortunately young me didn’t think that way and I’d assume many of them the same.
This sounds like my personal pep talk with the KD trade

Hard to imagine stars wanting to come to PHX when the flash of LA and Bay Area are so close. Part of me thinks this is still just a big small town and I get annoyed not having ocean views.

This sounds like my personal pep talk with the KD trade

Hard to imagine stars wanting to come to PHX when the flash of LA and Bay Area are so close. Part of me thinks this is still just a big small town and I get annoyed not having ocean views.

KD will never be happy anywhere for long, don’t think he the happy type. He looks like a angry emoji! That said I don’t think he cares much bout where he at long as there a gym, all he wants to do is hoop according to him.

KD will never be happy anywhere for long, don’t think he the happy type. He looks like a angry emoji! That said I don’t think he cares much bout where he at long as there a gym, all he wants to do is hoop according to him.
At least he allegedly wanted to be here so there's that

KD will be a better point guard than CP3 come playoffs, I guess that helps in the whole resting CP3 plan. He can still dish out 12-15 dimes/game but this move lets them mask his age

Donovan said what he didn’t like about Utah is that he would look in the crowd and not see anyone that looks like him. It’s true, it’s as white as it gets here. However, I think other players really like it here once they’ve spent time here. Rudy said he’d always keep a home here. Deron Williams still lives here. Key is everyone kind of leaves you alone here and you can kind of do your thing.

The downside of SLC is there is no nightlife whatsoever. There is like 3 clubs downtown and it stops there.

The city itself is extremely liberal though

At least he allegedly wanted to be here so there's that

Well yea, im sure at the moment he as happy as he gets, just a matter of how long it last. He def seems like a grass is always greener type of dude. Maybe it all works out and he likes playing w these guys, maybe he reads something on the internet that makes him decide this no good either, lol.

• Haha
Alright.

Here's my thing here...

This was a three way. Then they reported GSW traded the 5 picks to Portland afterwards.

Kinda shitty that this gets made a 4 team trade and screws everyone else.

Really awkward situation in Detroit if Bey comes back due to some leaks.

Alright.

Here's my thing here...

This was a three way. Then they reported GSW traded the 5 picks to Portland afterwards.

Kinda shitty that this gets made a 4 team trade and screws everyone else.

Really awkward situation in Detroit if Bey comes back due to some leaks.
This really sounds like buyer's remorse

A core test? 99% of us would faill that and still put up 8 points tomorrow for the dubs

Donovan said what he didn’t like about Utah is that he would look in the crowd and not see anyone that looks like him. It’s true, it’s as white as it gets here. However, I think other players really like it here once they’ve spent time here. Rudy said he’d always keep a home here. Deron Williams still lives here. Key is everyone kind of leaves you alone here and you can kind of do your thing.

The downside of SLC is there is no nightlife whatsoever. There is like 3 clubs downtown and it stops there.

Can I counter point here? How much did he make last year in the place with the white faces?
Just curious. But hey, everyone should live where they feel comfortable

Ought to read this out loud to yourself

Then have a laugh

She should also have to explain why her husband pretends to rock a baby during some games

Back